• Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Unhappy Upgrade of TV software to android?

Hi,

I'm wondering if you are thinking of upgrading the software in the tv to the new android?
    Why I am asking is because I would like to use my TV as a Mediacenter. I bought my TV in december and was promised that the software in the TV was to be updated the latest software (Android when it comes out). After a month of having my brand new TV that cost quite a lot of money, I saw new TVs from Philips and from Samsung with much better software. Directly I felt like I spent a lot of money for the experience of after a month having old technology. Because of this I now feel like I will probably not buy a Philips TV again. I still think that the TVs are good but not interface wise or mediacenter wise. My idea with my new TV was that I would be able to play movies that I have on my Plex server from my computer. This does not work. I wanted a TV that has the whole package when it comes to the mediacenter experience but this isn't so and I should have waited 2 months for when the new android TVs came out and for the same price that I bought my "new" TV I could have bought the android TV and to this day felt like I made the right choice buying a Philips TV.
    It kind of feels like NET TV was a lost cause and now what you are working on is the new android platform. This attitude is what makes people buy products from apple. Even if you have an iPhone that came out 4 years ago, you still get an upgrade to the latest software. This is service minded and I think that if you, Philips, did the same thing then you would have more loyal customers buying your products.

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,224
    Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

no - only TVs which were announced as Android TVs will have Android. Older TVs won't get Android. However, maybe Google Chromecast is a nice gimmick for you. Plex is available on this small stick.

Toengel@Alex