Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registeredTagger Second Class500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Question Follow up : i want full refund for my tv + compensation

Dear Ina,

I suppose you truelly beleive that your authorized technical people (resellers' staff ?) know their job but most of them don't.

Trying not to be partial, please read my point below and tell me what should be a customer opinion in such a situation:

As know may have noticed I was one of the most active member talking about the SPDIF audio drops issue.
    You know that I've been honest and I documented my posts (btw beleive me when I say that this issue is not 100% solved, still have some 250miliseconds drops every 3 to 5 minutes, please fix it once for all).

When I had this audio drop issue I first called the Philips support guys and I opened a trouble ticket with them (ref 1189298). Philips never came back to me despite of my various phone calls. On only answer I got was : "please wait" again and again.
    Then I went back to my reseller (famous major French resseller). I returned them the TV and, according to them =>Philips<= made all tests. The official conclusion after one week in their hands: there is not audio drops, this problem does not exist !! They refused to apply my waranty contract even if their technician noticed the problem by himself when he came at my home to get the TV (he wrote it on the paper he gave me).

I now engaged a lawer to attack this reseller. If it is provent that Philips really did this poor troubleshooting denying the truth, Philips will be also responsible. To be honnest I would have prefered to find a better solution (it is not too late for that)

Reading that, what would be your feeling if you were a Philips customer ???

Would you be confident in Philips or "Authorized" support centers ?

Please reply.

Thank you.

PS: If you want I can send you my TV serial number so you can check that all I write here is true.
    Last edited by ecazin; 06-17-2014 at 06:46 PM. Reason: adding precision

Banned
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    From Peter_m:

First time when i send my 23 !!! problems to online support they answering me:

"Your case is escalated and investigated."

And that's was everything ... I wait more than 1 months ... NO ANSWER ... Then i ask them again and again ... they never answering to my 23 questions...

Up to now ... more than 3 months ... i have not answer from anyone to my 23 problems/questions ...

Philips/TPV always say that there is not problems with tv's ... ALWAYS !!!

BTW ... one of this 23 problems/questions is for audio drops ....

And after that they began to lie about me ...

to ecazin - judge them ... no other chance !!! Be sure that all of philips peoples knows about problems ... but they can not repair them ... and they have 2 possibilities:

- to tell the true and to refund money ...
    - to lie and to tell that tv is perfect ...

If they refund your money for this problem - they must refund money to all customers ...

Guess what is politics of this company ...
    Last edited by dora124; 06-18-2014 at 09:35 AM.

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

any reply from Philips (Ina)

Quote Originally Posted by ecazin View Post
    Dear Ina,

I suppose you truelly beleive that your authorized technical people (resellers' staff ?) know their job but most of them don't.

Trying not to be partial, please read my point below and tell me what should be a customer opinion in such a situation:

As know may have noticed I was one of the most active member talking about the SPDIF audio drops issue.
    You know that I've been honest and I documented my posts (btw beleive me when I say that this issue is not 100% solved, still have some 250miliseconds drops every 3 to 5 minutes, please fix it once for all).

When I had this audio drop issue I first called the Philips support guys and I opened a trouble ticket with them (ref 1189298). Philips never came back to me despite of my various phone calls. On only answer I got was : "please wait" again and again.
    Then I went back to my reseller (famous major French resseller). I returned them the TV and, according to them =>Philips<= made all tests. The official conclusion after one week in their hands: there is not audio drops, this problem does not exist !! They refused to apply my waranty contract even if their technician noticed the problem by himself when he came at my home to get the TV (he wrote it on the paper he gave me).

I now engaged a lawer to attack this reseller. If it is provent that Philips really did this poor troubleshooting denying the truth, Philips will be also responsible. To be honnest I would have prefered to find a better solution (it is not too late for that)

Please reply.

Thank you.

PS: If you want I can send you my TV serial number so you can check that all I write here is true.
    Dear Ina,

could you reply to me please ?

Also, be aware that I have other issues with that TV. I made videos about them and they are now pubic on Youtube.
    Should I share them here ?

Thank you.

ecazin

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Maybe he's fired !

Send a mail to official philips,tell your problem and tell them the problem with this "Philips Support People" . I send one and if more of you send to official philips ,maybe they will do something with this shi* support.

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 631
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks

Please reply.
    could you reply to me please ?

Also, be aware that I have other issues with that TV. I made videos about them and they are now pubic on Youtube.
    Should I share them here ?

Hi ecazin.

To be honest I'm not sure what it is you wish me to reply to. These are hypothetical and baiting questions and I therefore decline to answer them.

I don't mean this to be rude or argumentative (if it may come across as such), but merely stating that I am unable to answer questions about my personal opinion. I am not here in a personal capacity but a professional one. My personal opinion is not relevant, and may not be what you expect it to be.

I am sorry you have had such a negative experience however, and if you would like me to try and look into anything for me, please feel free to send me a PM with your reference information.

Quote Originally Posted by mariusbd11 View Post
    Maybe he's fired !

Send a mail to official philips,tell your problem and tell them the problem with this "Philips Support People" . I send one and if more of you send to official philips ,maybe they will do something with this shi* support.
    Hi mariusbd11.

No, I'm still very much here.

Please mind your language in this forum however. The use of asterisks is also not appreciated.

Thank you!

Best regards,
    Ina
    Last edited by Philips - Ina; 06-23-2014 at 09:57 AM.
    Forum Mod

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Ina View Post
    Hi ecazin.

To be honest I'm not sure what it is you wish me to reply to. These are hypothetical and baiting questions and I therefore decline to answer them.

I don't mean this to be rude or argumentative (if it may come across as such), but merely stating that I am unable to answer questions about my personal opinion. I am not here in a personal capacity but a professional one. My personal opinion is not relevant, and may not be what you expect it to be.

I am sorry you have had such a negative experience however, and if you would like me to try and look into anything for me, please feel free to send me a PM with your reference information.

Hi mariusbd11.

Please mind your language in this forum however. The use of asterisks is also not appreciated.

Thank you!

Best regards,
    Ina

Sorry for my language. The frustration is big and EVEN BIG when you spend not 10 $ ,not 100$ , but 1000$..

Please do something with tv problem,that shut down itself, i posted in technical feedback and in software discussion board.

Sorry for bad english.

PS: Try to support us , not talking with us.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mariusbd11 For This Useful Post:

Philips - Ina (06-23-2014)

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Ina View Post
    Hi ecazin.

Hi mariusbd11.

Thank you!

Best regards,
    Ina
    Dear INA,

I understand you cannot provide your personal feeling however Philips needs to understand that customer paying 1500 euros (TV + waranty extension contract) cannot be satisfied when :

- Philips Technical support center do not progress trouble tickets,
    - Post sales technical services (philips or reseller) are arguing that audio drops issue does not exist
    - Resellers do not consider they are responsible for what they sell (this breaks the french law)
    - TV software is so bad that we don't even understand how Philips managed to lauch such a poor product
    - etc.

I suggest that Philips Engineering directors and Post Sales Services directors should take their responsabilities and commit on results and dates toward their customers. I such a difficult position, any marketing person would tell you that the first thing to do is to be transparent and comunicate toward the market.

How do you intend to compete with market leaders if you don't do that ? (I don't expect Ina to answer to that question directly but I'm sure that one of your managers should answer it).

Kind regards,

ecazin
    Last edited by ecazin; 06-24-2014 at 02:57 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ecazin For This Useful Post:

klash (07-11-2014)

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Ecazin, this peoples don't care about their customers ! They tell that their customers are liars about problems. The only way is to judge them !

And don't wait answers ... they never answer for problems ... because they always say that there are no problems ...
    Last edited by dora124; 06-23-2014 at 07:22 PM.

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!7 days registered

Level
    Thanks
    Compensation? From Philips you must be joking! Just get rid of your Philips, this make has gone down the drain BIG time.
    Solutions for issues? Rubbish!
    Keep hoping and hoping and hoping, by the time your guarantee runs out you won't have a leg to stand on.
    Crap TV, crap service, just 100% crap!

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Compensation? From Philips you must be joking! Just get rid of your Philips, this make has gone down the drain BIG time.
    Solutions for issues? Rubbish!
    Keep hoping and hoping and hoping, by the time your guarantee runs out you won't have a leg to stand on.
    Crap TV, crap service, just 100% crap!
    This is their strategy for future ,but they will lose more.

When you release one version of firmware upgrade in more than one month,on this lagy software, Perfect pixel inexistent ...and more....this is the strategy...

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    the truth in my opinion is one.
    these tv (line up 2013) were launched with software that runs in the testing phase (beta tester), they will not admit it but it is. Otherwise, it explains why these tv are really deficient in many respects, and I speak not only of 6008 but also the 5008, since I both have the same defects

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!100 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ambilight View Post
    the truth in my opinion is one.
    these tv (line up 2013) were launched with software that runs in the testing phase (beta tester), they will not admit it but it is. Otherwise, it explains why these tv are really deficient in many respects, and I speak not only of 6008 but also the 5008, since I both have the same defects
    7008, 8008 and 9008 too

Silver Member
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BoORD_L View Post
    7008, 8008 and 9008 too
    Hi,

In my opinion ALL TV's (Not only Philips...) are launched with software that contain bugs and issues. Most of these issues are discovered and reported by users. So it's very important to continue writing and telling their experiences at this forum. Hoping that Philips reads these issues and reports them to their software development team.

Compairing the 2013 series with the 2012 series, Philips made big progress with their Q-fushion software. I suppose the 2014 have better software with less issues.

I hope Philips continues improving their software the 2012 & 2013 series. I Haven't seen an update for 2013 series since 12 of may (v.173.52)

Regards, Jarno.
    Last edited by Jarnimo; 06-26-2014 at 11:49 AM.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I've updated the 6008 TV 20 times, but little has changed ... nothing ... the other competitors solve ... I suspect that release updates without any improvement, just to show customers that work for us. ..
    I to this day, I still have the 6008 tv, sudden shutdowns, and after a year if you do, I wish they were resolved once and for all ...

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    This tv's are in market from 1.5 years ... and still have so many problems (NOT BUGS AND ISSUES - PROBLEMS !!!!) ...

How can be possible after 1.5 year on market to have problems with restarts, audio lag, PNM ... and so many problems ....

Just look official PROBLEMS that are repaired - in FW annotation ... and much more not official ....

For example - for 3 years on my Nikon (the same price like tv) there is only 1 FW upgrade for small fix .... AND NO PROBLEMS WITH NOTHING !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast