Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 123
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks

Arrow Experience thread - FW v2.26 - for 7809 - 2014

Hi all,

The new FW is live. For technical feedback (positive and negative points) please post here:
    http://philips.to/1l2XFQs

This thread is mainly for details and discussions.

IMPORTANT:
    After upgrading your TV, it is necessary to perform a "cold start". This means that, after the TV is running again (after the update), shut down the TV, wait 1 minute (till all components are shut down), and unplug the TV from the mains (pull power cord) for 2 minutes before starting again.

Changelog:

QN143E_014.002.026.129 (Date published: 2014-06-12)

• Solution about spontaneous wakeup in the morning.
    • Solution for AL + HUE JSON does not work.
    • Solution for No Video after LoungeMode.

QN143E_014.002.025.133 (Date published: 2014-05-27)

• Software released for the 7809-range in Great Britain and Ireland.
    • Solution for BBC iPlayer.

The full changelog history can also be found on our support website: www.philips.com/support
    Last edited by Philips - Ina; 07-08-2014 at 03:59 PM.
    Forum Mod

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hi.
    I have a problem with my SMART-TV before and after upgrade to newest firmware (FW v2.26 ).
    After some time (1h) my TV stops responding to remote commands. Also, TV doesn't respond on pressing buttons on the back.
    I think it is happening more often when TV is using HUE lights with Ambilignt.
    Maybe there is some problem between TV and HUE bridge (latest firmware installed).
    Thank you.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 285
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    new firmware : version:014.002.026.129 , 12 juni 2014
    from http://www.philips.nl/c-p/55PUS7809_.../ondersteuning

- You cannot set the clock to manual, the option is not in the menu. (Dutch)
    (This is still an issue. As Its not a solution to select another language. I only use the TV in HDMI 1, and netflix & youtube 4k

- In this new firmware, sometimes the tv does not want to turn of..
    (it looks like its waiting for something) well that means; Screen goes black; philips logo and ambilight keep burning and the screen backlit is still on.
    The remote and the rear button doe not respond anymore.
    The only way i can resolve this, is by removing the power plug.
    This has not been a one time occurrence, it already happened 4 times.
    A long wait did not resolve the issue. After unplugging the TV, i can use it again.
    (This started after starting to use the hue bridge last friday)

- There is also an issue with hue. When i connect my hub, the tv shows multiple bulbs without names, also, every time I do a reconfiguration, the amount of bulbs raise. So at the moment the tv shows 16 bulbs, where 4 have a wrong name and 12 do not a name at all and they don't exist. Strangely enough after a factory reset, the amount of bulbs rise.. It looks like the cache is not clear at factory reset (tried both resets). I already submitted cases at: tv support : 1842470 & hue support PHL-140623-0053.
    Hue bridge Firmware version: 01012415

At the moment ambilight + hue is not huesable for me.

PS im using 4 bulbs with 1 bridge with my 55pus7809.

Also a question; Is there an IR command to directly set the tv to HDMI input 1?

Best regards,

Bob
    Last edited by cyberbob; 06-24-2014 at 01:53 PM. Reason: added relevant info

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberbob View Post
    Also a question; Is there an IR command to directly set the tv to HDMI input 1?
    Yes, I have a philips prestigo 9320 universal remote and on that one, after proper configuration, pressing 'input 3' switches to HDMI1.

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    I agree with t00thr00t here. on the following points for my TV (47PFK7509)

- After turning on the TV it takes very long (about 15 seconds) for the TV to take important commands from the remote control like "Mute" and "Volume down". At night, turning on the TV without waking the family can be problematic if the sound settings were loud before.
    -All menus relatively slow, frame rate of station logos feels like 3fps when you scroll through the station list.

Question to the moderators: is it possible to get some more information on what is done with our feedback? I see people posting but almost never a response from the moderators such as "this particular issue is known and will be resolved in the next FW". It would be nice to get an acknowledgement that you are for example aware of the slow menus and that you are working on resolving this. It is for me deal breaker for this TV. If I know it will be solved than I will keep it. Otherwise I will send it back to the store.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Peterdevries For This Useful Post:

TJIEUTEN (07-11-2014)

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!7 days registered

Level
    Thanks
    The Ambilight+Hue is extremely buggy:

- When enabled it will lock up the TV interface after a while. Which results in an unresponsive remote or backside button, only a full power off by pulling the plug will 'unfreeze' the TV interface.
    - The TV sees 6 lamps through the bridge in my situation, while only 2 are connected. Even the names are misaligned in the selection menu and it's a guess game which are the two correct lamps. Even the 'blinking' it does when selecting a lamp does not correlate to the actual lamp.
    - You cannot permanently turn the Ambilight+Hue off, every time you switch between 3D modes or turn the TV back on from stand-by, the function is enabled again.

Dynamic backlighting:
    There is no way to turn this off completely, making some movies extremely hard or impossible to see in darker scenes. I've fiddled with dynamic contrast and other settings, and though some functions make it a little better, I prefer to disable it completely.

3D mode:
    - Sometimes I can't switch between 3D modes, I have to switch sources and back before I can enable a 3D mode which isn't the built in 3D simulation mode.

Remote control keyboard:
    - The buttons on the back respond very poorly to the TV. Sometimes a character won't go on screen, sometimes it goes twice on screen on a single push, making something simple like entering a WiFi password or a youtube search very tedious.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    The Ambilight+Hue is extremely buggy:

- When enabled it will lock up the TV interface after a while. Which results in an unresponsive remote or backside button, only a full power off by pulling the plug will 'unfreeze' the TV interface.
    - The TV sees 6 lamps through the bridge in my situation, while only 2 are connected. Even the names are misaligned in the selection menu and it's a guess game which are the two correct lamps. Even the 'blinking' it does when selecting a lamp does not correlate to the actual lamp.
    - You cannot permanently turn the Ambilight+Hue off, every time you switch between 3D modes or turn the TV back on from stand-by, the function is enabled again.

Dynamic backlighting:
    There is no way to turn this off completely, making some movies extremely hard or impossible to see in darker scenes. I've fiddled with dynamic contrast and other settings, and though some functions make it a little better, I prefer to disable it completely.

3D mode:
    - Sometimes I can't switch between 3D modes, I have to switch sources and back before I can enable a 3D mode which isn't the built in 3D simulation mode.

Remote control keyboard:
    - The buttons on the back respond very poorly to the TV. Sometimes a character won't go on screen, sometimes it goes twice on screen on a single push, making something simple like entering a WiFi password or a youtube search very tedious.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterdevries View Post
    Question to the moderators: is it possible to get some more information on what is done with our feedback? I see people posting but almost never a response from the moderators such as "this particular issue is known and will be resolved in the next FW". It would be nice to get an acknowledgement that you are for example aware of the slow menus and that you are working on resolving this. It is for me deal breaker for this TV. If I know it will be solved than I will keep it. Otherwise I will send it back to the store.
    +1

David

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberbob View Post
    new firmware : version:014.002.026.129 , 12 juni 2014
    from http://www.philips.nl/c-p/55PUS7809_.../ondersteuning

- There is also an issue with hue. When i connect my hub, the tv shows multiple bulbs without names, also, every time I do a reconfiguration, the amount of bulbs raise. So at the moment the tv shows 16 bulbs, where 4 have a wrong name and 12 do not a name at all and they don't exist. Strangely enough after a factory reset, the amount of bulbs rise.. It looks like the cache is not clear at factory reset (tried both resets). I already submitted cases at: tv support : 1842470 & hue support PHL-140623-0053.
    Hue bridge Firmware version: 01012415
    I have the same issue in a 7000 series.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi all,

The software feedback you are all providing gets collected, collated and sent to the developers.

Issues are then compared to feedback received from other channels as well, such as the customer service call teams and field testers.

The status of issues and known issues is at the sole discretion of the developers to let us moderators known about and feed on to you, the users. If this has been posted elsewhere it is because it has been made known to us.

Although we may not always reply to each software thread and individual issue reported, it does not mean that it has not been noted. It certainly has!

I can assure you that all feedback is collected and sent on. If the developers have further questions for any of you, this will be posted by us moderators in the relevant software threads.

Thank you all for your valuable and helpful feedback!

Best regards,
    Ina
    Forum Mod

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterdevries View Post
    I agree with t00thr00t here. on the following points for my TV (47PFK7509)

- After turning on the TV it takes very long (about 15 seconds) for the TV to take important commands from the remote control like "Mute" and "Volume down". At night, turning on the TV without waking the family can be problematic if the sound settings were loud before.
    -All menus relatively slow, frame rate of station logos feels like 3fps when you scroll through the station list.

Hi Peterdevries,

Please ensure you post your feedback in the correct software thread for your TV. The above response was moved from the Technical feedback thread for 7809 sets (as it is not Technical feedback).

Unless posts are made in the relevant sections, we can't send the feedback on. The software platforms often differ significantly, so posting in an incorrect thread can cause confusion and misunderstandings among users.

Please post in these software threads as they correspond to your TV model:

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...x9-Series-2014

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...x9-75x9-Series

Thank you!

Ina
    Forum Mod

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

I still can't play 4k .mp4 from USB!
    Why can I play this HD video: https://mega.co.nz/#!SVYgDazZ!of4xxP...y0lZAR_6Zg7hP8
    ...but can't play the same file in 4k: https://mega.co.nz/#!nMpDxZLS!dPLtHO...HgnTjg1wRQibfw
    ???
    All I get is green screen and sound:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!DUgyhbTQ!1H4sgK...uC7wQI_mrU7cfA

4k Samsung has no problems with those files. Even my smartphone can play it without problems...

Please help me out with this.

Regards,
    Beno

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    My english is not very good but I hope so that you will understand what I am trying to ask someone of you.
    I bought TV Philips 42PUS7809 one month ago and I installed new firmware 014.002.026.129 on the tv.
    After instalation my tv can not show titles in 3D SBS movies but when I turn off 3D effect the title starts to show.The tv was bought and installed in Bosnia and Herzegowina. If anyone knows the solution of my problem please write the answer.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    The youtube app in the smart tv section is very hard to fast forward in a video. Especially the somewhat longer ones. It only skips ~15 seconds ahead and when you fast forward too much it will stop streaming the video completely and never stop 'loading'

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I got even bigger (similar) problem with new firmware. Now I am unable to set up subtitles in even usual 2D films and series and I have tried all possible settings combinations. With previous firmware I was able to set them up in like 4th try of different combinations, but now without success.
    Please fix this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast