• Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Philips hmp7100/12 subtitle issues not solved

I'm looking for a new Firmware update for the subtitle issues but there nothing come from Philips.

Your customers are trying to find the solutions for the subtitle issues by themselves and I'm one of them.
    Like some other users, I also add the subtitles into the mkv movies and by this way, player sees it unless if you don't stop watching in the middle of the movie and try to watch some other time again.
    If you try to watch the movie again, it starts from where you left it without the subtitle and there is nothing you can do to reset it and starts from the beginning. If you try to start the movie from the beginning, there is again no subtitle. There is only thing you can do is the "factory reset" and make all the adjustments again if you want it to play the movie with a subtitle. Sometimes, I really want to hit this player with a hammer again and again and again and throw it away.

I first experienced this situation when I was watching a movie with my guests at home, from a home projector and a home theatre system. Everyone was enjoying it than we want to pause the movie and have some time to rest and eat something. When we came back, the player shutted down to save energy, thats ok, and I want to start the movie again and it started where it was left, thats cool too, and there was no subtitle anymore... I tried to stop the movie and start again, there is no subtitle, ok, shut down the player and start again, no subtitle, because it always started from the section which I left the last time... I found the solution, reset the player from the beginning.
    There is a menu for system stand by on and off. But there is nothing for start the movie from the beginning or where it left. If you can't solve the subtitle issues, there should be something like that... Also there should be a menu for subtitle size color etc...
    I think, Philips don't sell this product a lot and they don't want to waste time to correct the ones they sold. We are the chosen stupid customers, who buy this product accidentally...

What a shame for a company like Philips...

I had the Philips hmp3000 before and I was so much satisfied with that product than this one and this is much expensive and newer than that. This is nonsense...

Regards

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!250 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thanks
    Dear Tugsay,
    You are not alone. Owners of the BDP9700 is also experiencing alot of issues, and it seems to take ages for them to be fixed. Yesterday it became apparent that Philips is not working on the most anoying problem which many of us are experiencing: the "purple screen" issue.

The BDP9700 does not resume playback on other than discs which support this. Streaming movies goes back to the begining. Also on this player there is bad support for showing text-files. My other playback gear all show text, but not this Philips player. What a shame.

These are the faults as of now which are recogniced, I think that text support should be better also for this player as for yours:
    No Covers in FLAC files: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...-in-FLAC-files
    No FLAC via DLNA (Push Mode): http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...28Push-Mode%29
    Many GUI issues: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...-of-the-menues
    Reintroduces Purple Screen with 4.22: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...n-after-wakeup

I too is a little bit surprised by how long it takes for bugs to be fixed, if they at all are getting fixed?
    The Philips BDP9700 has superb design and I love it. I just had to talk about the frustrating issues.

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Thumbs down

Philips hmp7100/12 How to start....well,I regret buying it. Biggest problem : subtitles. Sometimes it's not recognizing subtitles (rarely) , and when it does subtitles are not shown.

I've upgraded the firmware to the latest version 0.54 , but the problem still exists.

From what I've experienced it doesn't seem that srt files are the problem. This player has a problem with CHAPTERS (movie chapters). So : start movie ->chapters are not working well,they change very fast (10 sec/chapter or so) and when chapters are done 10/10 subtitle is gone as well (usually it takes around 1-2 minutes). After this I can only see the last subtitle line.

That's not the only problem with chapters . Sometimes I see 0/10.Although I'm really happy when this happens because subtitle works.Almost every time.
    Last edited by Adriano90; 06-29-2015 at 11:05 AM.

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Same for me, subtitles not working and also there is no Romanian language in the subtitle one.
    Please update soft to resolve issues.Thank you !

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered250 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Thanks
    Hello Tugsay and welcome back to the forum!

I am sorry your movie night was ruined, it does not sound like much fun to have to do so many things in the middle of a movie right after dinner and with friends waiting. Do you get a message that says something like the following: ‘’… to start playback from the beginning of the file press stop…’’?

Would you mind telling me if the files you want to watch are stored on a media server or a device that is directly connected to the HMP.

With kind regards,
    Philips – Katerina

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Thanks
    Hello Ovyd!

Welcome to the Philips forum!

What kind of subtitle files are you using? Have you tried analyzing the files with the MedianInfo Tool? If you haven’t can you please perform an analysis and share the file’s info that is not displayed here?

Regards,
    Philips - Katerina

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Thanks
    Hello Adriano90!

I’d like to start by welcoming you to the forum. I do feel sorry that you are not satisfied for your purchase.

In some newer versions of .mkv files there have been problems with playing chapters and even showing the correct playback time. Maybe that is the case of the issues you are describing.

Regards,
    Philips - Katerina