Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!7 days registered

Level
    Thanks

(one more) NAS Connection Problem

Dear Forum
    Dear Philips-Support

I have a 42PFL6008K TV-Set which ist a nice TV - and a very troubled display for the movies played by my iOmega-NAS. I am loosing connection (the NAS) after some 20 to 35 minutes of playing. The TV-Set is trying to find the NAS again but is not successful. Needless to say that the NAS is up and running and can be used (as well for playback of movies) e.g. with a computer. Funny enough in these moments I still can stream music on my Philips MCI500 - with a NAS that according to my Philips-TV does not exist. Funny, as I said.

My questions now is: is there a way to have my 42PFL6008K working for streaming purposes without installing other devices like additional switches and routers? Btw: obviously I have all the newest Firmware on all attached devices.

I would be greatly thankful if somebody could tell me what I should do - other than buying a TV-Set from another brand. Thank you in advance from Switzerland.

Edit: I have the problem with WiFi- AND LAN-Connection. Turning off HbbTV did not help. The TV's Firmware is up to date (000.173.053.000) - I checked as well the online availability of a new firmware even if the actual firmware got installed through the usual auto-install without manual USB-action required.

Update: no answer so far from Philips. Not too surprising as the problem is known since 2010 and the company was not able to solve it. They are right to be slightly ashamed. Well, anyway: I did some more research online (no worries Philips, you will not get charged for that customer effort. It might just be that my next electronic gadget will carry another brand name) and ordered yesterday a LAN-Switch. According to some posts in various forums the problem might be the communication rhythm between the router and the TV-set. Obviously this is neither confirmed nor denied by Philips. And obviously the problem does not occure with all my other electronic devices using my NAS (Philips (!) Stereo MCI500, Samsung DVD-Player, Macbooks, Samsung Tablet, iPhone, HTC-Phone, etc.) The company is doing it's best to remain very, very silent. Never the less I a) would be very happy to hear/read from Philips and b) will try the "Switch-solution" and will report the outcome here.

Update September 4th, 2014:
    @Philips - Ina: I would not mind if you or one of your co-workers would take care of my technical problem. I realy would not.

And for the rest out there here the latest update about my "quest to the philips nas connection heaven". As mentioned before I found a post with the idea to add a switch between router and TV-Set. Unfortunately the solution did not work here. But now I have at least a brandnew 4-port switch. You never know - might come in handy one day. Anyway: after the first failure with the new switch and the unfortunately very reliable lost connection error I did factory reset the TV-Set. The next test with the switch was (wait for it......) without success (what else did you expect, its Philips). Never the less I uninstalled the switch and was now able to watch a series of 23 minutes. Is there hope? Unfortunately not. After I startet a full grown movie the TV-Set lost connection after 5 minutes. Shame on me that I was slightly hopeful. Again: If @Philips - Ina or somebody else from the company which took my money for a tool advertised as NAS-worthy would reply I would be delightet indeed. Or to put it with the words of Pink Floyd: "Hello, hello, hello! Anybody out there....?"
    Last edited by thomas.grond; 09-04-2014 at 08:29 PM. Reason: additional information provided

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!7 days registered

Level
    Thanks
    Dear Forum
    Dear Philips

I finaly found a SOLUTION to the problem - withouth the help of Philips (everything else would have been a surprise). But now the system works and I will make sure that my next brand decision will take into account the performance of Philips in this forum.

Anyway - what did I do? I did use the brand new switch I got the other day and connected the NAS via LAN-cable to the switch. From the switch I put a cable to the TV-set and another cable to the router. And now I can access the NAS from my Philips TV without any loss of connection. Great and easy. Would have been nice to hear that from Philips. For better understanding I attach a plan of my setup.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Setup_NAS.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	124.7 KB 
ID:	2775

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I think I have a solution. I have published it in a new thread. Please take a look

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I think I have a solution. I have published it in a new thread. Please take a look Thomas.grond and sccerrato