Hybrid View

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Easylink not working

I have a 37pfl7605H and a HTS9520. Both are connected with HDMI (on the TV HDMI1 ARC) I configured Easylink both on the TV and HTS9520 and everything works fine.

Now I connect an IPSTB Amino 532 to the TV (HDMI2). The easylink is not working anymore resulting HTS9520 is not switched on and the sound is on the TV speakers. When I manually switch to amplifier in the TV menu I get an OSD message Connection to amplifier fails.

When I connect a Amino 130m to the TV (HDMI2) easylink works fine.
    How can a device on HDMI2 influence the Easylink communication on HDMI1 ARC.

The difference could find is Amino 532 HDMI 1.2a and Amino 130m HDMI1.1. but could this be the reason?

Aad
    Last edited by vgerwen; 05-26-2011 at 06:27 PM.

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    He Aad,

I'm having the same problem with my 46PFL9705H and the Amino 532. Removing the Amino from the HDMI input solves all my easylink problems. As soon as I reconnect it, the HDMI-ARC and easylink don't work anymore.
    Did anyone give you a good solution to your problem? According to a mechanic, who tried to fix my not broken TV, the HDMI protocol of the Amino is corrupting the other HDMI ports. I'm suspecting it even influences the scart inputs.
    If you have the solution I'm very interested!

Michiel.

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Michiel View Post
    He Aad,

I'm having the same problem with my 46PFL9705H and the Amino 532. Removing the Amino from the HDMI input solves all my easylink problems. As soon as I reconnect it, the HDMI-ARC and easylink don't work anymore.
    Did anyone give you a good solution to your problem? According to a mechanic, who tried to fix my not broken TV, the HDMI protocol of the Amino is corrupting the other HDMI ports. I'm suspecting it even influences the scart inputs.
    If you have the solution I'm very interested!

Michiel.
    Hallo Aad,

Today my service provider came with a solution. I now use a HDMI-DVI cable with a DVI-HDMI converterplug on the DVI end. Apparently the Amino sends a signal on one of the pins in the HDMI cable which causes the problems concerning CEC and ARC signals, thus Easylink. DVI doesn't support the CEC-ARC signals hence my problems are gone.
    Maybe this helps you too?

Houdoe, Michiel.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Michiel View Post
    Hallo Aad,

Today my service provider came with a solution. I now use a HDMI-DVI cable with a DVI-HDMI converterplug on the DVI end. Apparently the Amino sends a signal on one of the pins in the HDMI cable which causes the problems concerning CEC and ARC signals, thus Easylink. DVI doesn't support the CEC-ARC signals hence my problems are gone.
    Maybe this helps you too?

Houdoe, Michiel.
    Yes my provider also gave this solution. The Amino 532 does not support CEC easy link and keeps pin 13 of the hdmi low. Some other boxes like the ACRyan playOn and Eminent media players have the same problem. The proposed solution by OnsBrabant net works perfectly

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vgerwen View Post
    Yes my provider also gave this solution. The Amino 532 does not support CEC easy link and keeps pin 13 of the hdmi low. Some other boxes like the ACRyan playOn and Eminent media players have the same problem. The proposed solution by OnsBrabant net works perfectly
    Hello, you sure helped me alot with the line: Some other boxes like the ACRyan playOn and Eminent media players have the same problem!

Since i had problems connecting my Philips 40pfl7605h TV with my Sony HT-SS370 AV reciever via HDMI ARC. I was looking for a sollution for a long time! I coulndt get it to work. Since i also got a AC-ryan Playon HD Media player connected to my Sony HT-SS370 AV reciever, i followed your post en disconnected it from the reciever and hoppa! ARC is now working! I got the audio from my TV on my reciever via ARC! So the Media player is causing the interference. I wil connect the mediaplayer to the reciever via the same sollution u used. I never expected that the Media player was causing the problem because it was connected to the reciever and not directly to the TV! But even then it is causing problems! Thanks for your sollution!

Houdoe! Een mede onsbrabantnetter
    Last edited by FlashBack; 09-06-2011 at 01:49 PM.

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Update:

Above suggestion works! Finaly i can use HDMI ARC! Got the following configuration:

HDMI Output on AC-Ryan Mediaplayer>HDMI to DVI adapter>DVI to HDMI Cable>HDMI Input on Sony HTS>HDMI ARC Output on Sony HTS>HDMI Cable>HDMI ARC Input on Philips TV

The sound of the mediaplayer goes via optical TOS Link to the HTS.

I got the sound of the TV on the HTS via HDMI now, the mediaplayer was indeed causing the interference!
    Last edited by FlashBack; 09-28-2011 at 01:51 PM.