Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Net TV not working on my BDP-5100/12

Hi,
    I bought this BDP just over a week ago, and updated to firmware level 1.53 that got me a nice Net TV button on my menu.
    However since then I have not managed to access it. So far Philips support have not managed to give me any answers to the problem.
    I registered for Club Philips through the BDP, so the internet connection from there must be OK.
    I see the screen saying that I have been sent and e-mail and to follow the instructions in that.
    If I do that and click on "OK" I then get to a page saying "Thank you for registering with Club Philips..."
    The only button available is "OK". I click on that and it takes me back to the "Thank you for registering with Club Philips" page.
    Each time I click OK it takes me back there.

I tried reflashing the firmware: No change.

I tried changing my Net TV country setting to "International", and clearing my Net TV memory, then putting in my e-mail address again on the BDP Net TV registration page, clicking OK, getting to the "Your Club Philips registration has not yet completed" (Because I haven't done anything with the new e-mail I was sent). If I power off the BDP at that screen, power back on, and try again, *occasionally* I have managed to get a little further: twice to the Net TV screen showing the icons for "App Gallery" "Youtube" etc, but I cannot access any of them: If I try I just get the swishing progress bars at the bottom of the screen for a while, but it never enters any app.

I don't know if this is a problem with my BDP, or my Club Philps registration, or anything else!

Any help would be much appreciated.

T.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Update:
    Still no response from Philips support. I tried calling them today again and was told they were busy and would call me back. Nothing though.

In the meantime I did some more troubleshooting:
    I tried connecting my TV directly to a separate modem, bypassing my usual modem/router. This worked! I could access everything and it proved that Club Philips registration is not actually required to access the Net TV functions.

However I do need to use my router, and currently my Bravia TV and my Humax Foxsat can both do their internet stuff fine through it, but the BDP with the same settings in there cannot.

It can do all the Club Philips parts it seems, but not the Net TV, they must be using different protocols or something.
    So now I need to know: What exactly do I need to tell my router to allow, in order for Net TV from the BDP to work?

The router firewall allows me to set my one user-defined application with the following configurable settings:
    Protocol: TCPUDP
    Port (or Range): From:To:
    Protocol Timeout: TCP default 86400 seconds, UDP default 600 seconds
    Map to Host Post: Default/blank = same port as above
    Application Type:

My modem/router is a BT2700HGV made by 2wire. It seems to be highly configurable so I think I just need to know what to tell it to get this to work.
    I'm sick of seeing the Club Philips registration screens!

T.
    Last edited by TiggerT; 05-31-2011 at 09:43 PM. Reason: added info

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 776
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Dear TiggerT,

We are simulating your device to see if we can reproduce the strange behavior that you describe.
    Your BDP5100 is successfully connecting to the portal.
    Club Philips registration has no effect to the Net TV performance, you can also choose to ignore Club Philips registration.

Perhaps you can achieve more stability by choosing static IP address, instead of using a dynamic IP address.

Regards,
    Net TV support.
    Forum Mod

Gold Member
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TiggerT View Post
    Update:
    Still no response from Philips support. I tried calling them today again and was told they were busy and would call me back. Nothing though.

In the meantime I did some more troubleshooting:
    I tried connecting my TV directly to a separate modem, bypassing my usual modem/router. This worked! I could access everything and it proved that Club Philips registration is not actually required to access the Net TV functions.

However I do need to use my router, and currently my Bravia TV and my Humax Foxsat can both do their internet stuff fine through it, but the BDP with the same settings in there cannot.

It can do all the Club Philips parts it seems, but not the Net TV, they must be using different protocols or something.
    So now I need to know: What exactly do I need to tell my router to allow, in order for Net TV from the BDP to work?

The router firewall allows me to set my one user-defined application with the following configurable settings:
    Protocol: TCPUDP
    Port (or Range): From:To:
    Protocol Timeout: TCP default 86400 seconds, UDP default 600 seconds
    Map to Host Post: Default/blank = same port as above
    Application Type:

My modem/router is a BT2700HGV made by 2wire. It seems to be highly configurable so I think I just need to know what to tell it to get this to work.
    I'm sick of seeing the Club Philips registration screens!

T.
    So far the Firewall in the Router should only block whats comming towards you not whats going out so that shouldnt be the problem as you can see the registration screen, this is already internet.
    what you can try is to make sure that the BDP is directly connected to the router which has the internet connection.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Thanks for the replies. Actually I had tried setting a static IP but it hadn't made any difference, and yeah, I doubted the Firewall was stopping it working as it didn't log any blocked attempts and even setting the BDP to DMZ didn't help.
    But the good news that the modem/router did some sort of factory reset on it's own... and when I'd set it up again Net TV worked fine through it!
    So no idea why it wasn't working before, but thankfully it's working now.

Tags for this Topic