Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Bronze Member
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Just to keep this up to date:

Finally Philips opened a new case for the TV... Home repair service twice, power supply and Mainboard changed, of course nothing happened. (everybody thinks this is a software problem)

Now they have it in their service center, almost 10 days and tell me they keep checking it - just ridiculous cause they know the problem and it is easy reproducable. And of course I cant get a TV for the repair time, so the consumer is the looser again.

I really start to think about buying Philips products ever again...and about informing my lawyer.

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Service Center found out nothing after 16days, problem could not be reproduced! Well, they did test it with other HTS (7 and 9 series) but that is not the problem, so...

I am loosing a litte patience now, I get my TV back and Service Center says the Backoffice will call me...I hope so...It has been almost 4 months now...

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Backoffice call was...well, how shall I say? It was nothing.

They said it is a compatibility issue...nothing about the thousand mistakes they made, nothing about the time I spend, nothing about wrong information and so one. All they offered was giving my money back. But that is ridiculous cause the TV and the HTS were pretty cheap when I bought them and now I would have to spend 70€ more for the same HTS (that would not work) and even more for a HTS that might actually work.

He even said they do not have any replacement HTS, but they host an online shop on their homepage .

I will now inform the press, the media and my lawyer about this. This is the worst support and service I ever got in more than 20 years!

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    That's very unfortunate.

Might be a stupid question after all, but - for the record - what action do you expect precisely? Since the HTS is obviously the faulty component here and you can get rid of it AND get your money back - where's the problem? The more interesting question is: what's your lawyer gonna do about it?

Maybe I didn't get your point here...

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Well, the question is not that bad.

And I am not really the one that wants to get benefits, coupons or something else. But I am somebody who thinks about justice and responsibility, so the offer is no offer...thats what they could have told me after 1 phone call, no problem, I would have had my products and I could have lived with the problem, but they said I could get rid of the problem - thats what I expected.

"If you buy a car and some parts dont really work, you want to use it but its in the garage for weeks (so you cant use what you bought) and after almost 4months (of repairs, phone calls, mails, holidays for home repair etc.) you get the offer to return the car but the prize for new cars has increased and so it is impossible for you to buy a new one without loosing even more money..."

I would have expected that Philips says they are sorry. Its their product, it was their advertising, it is original equipment and it is recommended to work together. It doesnt, they agreed that there is an error - they couldn´t find it...I had no product at all, I did all I could and now all what they are offering is the same thing Amazon would have done all the time? They could make some "special price" in their online shop for a working HTS, they could extend my warranty for the months I lost, they even could send me some free stuff as excuse, but they actually did nothing. Thats my problem, I am not the pet you throw things at, I know from many other companys the slogan "the costumer is the king"...

You maybe right, my lawyer will just check the thing for me, it should be legal what they´re doing here but the consumer obviously has no rights after buying the product and you couldn´t trust in Philips advertising or product explanations anymore...

P.s. And when you look at the internet, you see cases that are similar where Philips reacted more user friendly, changed products, even gave free Blueray-Players etc. Why not here? What have I done wrong to get these reactions?

Btw. the people on the phone handled me like a teacher does to a stupid little child, that makes me even more angry...
    Last edited by quick-mick; 08-20-2011 at 08:02 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12