Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Here are a few pages from this brochure, it is in dutch. but it states very clear that Smart USB is the feature that makes it possible. There is nowhere any notice that this is a fututure feature, not is mentioned that it is only availeble on selected models. Although it is no productsheet this brochure is very confusing.

By nand0l at 2011-06-27

By nand0l at 2011-06-27

By nand0l at 2011-06-27

By nand0l at 2011-06-27

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,111
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

from the 4 Smart TV pillars (Program, Control, Net TV, Simply Share) only Net TV and (partly) Simply Share are parts in the 2010 series... (but maybe Philips will spend the 2010 9000 series a nice firmware update ,-)) See also http://58pfl9955.wordpress.com/2011/...lips-smart-tv/

Toengel@Alex

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Planned obsolescence at its best...

Another thread designed to reassure me that I made the wrong choice, it seems... Oh, sweet "planned obsolescence"...

So well known nowdays... Have very same issue with my brand new Pioneer receiver, when they decided just not to support it with their iPad app.
    Just how exactly this will reflect their sales? Lets see:
    1. I won't buy new TV in 2011 after buying one in 2010. Just won't happen. I neither print money, neither is environmentally friendly. So no money from me anyway in 2011!
    2. On the other hand I will most definitely spread the word about this company approach. And I'm already doing it and am happy to report that two friends were helped to chose better TV than mine. So LOST potential sales for Philips.
    How clever you have chosen to skip new functions for your current clients. How well this relationship is going, I just see the care after I pass the cashier in the store... It's like a giant hug!

If i buy an iPhone/iPad (and I have now many of these), I KNOW that all new functionality for the years to come WILL come to me. For free! And I'm glad to continue to buy, as I'm secure in my investment. Until the hardware copes with the load, I get everything. And do not tell me that the 2k11 series 6000 will have so much better hardware than 2x10 Series 8000! btw I have a $50 cable receiver, which dumps the transport stream to a usb - no problems for replay watching, it must have way better hardware than my €1800 TV. Or - it is produced by a better company?...

The approach Philips (and Pioneer in that matter) have chosen, is the road to insolvency! I will never buy another product again from these brands if I'm treated like this, just for the sake of making your 2011 product look better than the 2010 one in the brochure. This is 21st century, every product is upgradeable by software, we're not morons to not know that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Topic