Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Diamond Member
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 75
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Loneship View Post
    By the way: Is there any reason that BDP8000 no longer is listed on Philips´s Homepage?
    Is it already End of Life? Will there be future support with Firmware-Updates?
    Hi,

always use the search on the Philips homepage: http://www.philips.de/c/blu-ray-dvd/...dp8000_12/prd/

Often some devices disappear and after several days they are back again.

Toengel@Alex

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Servicing as only solution

Karel,

Same here. The problem is solved for me, but as in the case of Loneship it took servicing (mainboard change). Since then and so far stable on 1.56. I don't think it's software related, it seems more to be memory or I/O failure.

Best is to contact local servicing and describe the problem (e-mail worked fine for me). I referred to this (and other) thread concerning this problem. Put emphasis on the fact that the player forgets settings although power was not disconnected for a prolonged period, otherwise you might get discussion that this is normal behaviour (see manual). It is not. Once I send it to servicing, everything was solved within a week. Although it sucks that some devices have this defect, service from Philips was great. FYI: I only paid shipping costs to servicing agent (< €10).

Good luck!

Regards

Karel,

not to scare you, but the only way for me to get it back working was to send my player to service. According to them mainboard was changed and since then it works fine. Even with 1.56 firmware.

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 365
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajran View Post
    Hi all,

I'm having this problem on simple power off (standby). Firmware 1.56. The BDP8000/12 loses all settings, not only Wifi but also NetTV region is reset to Austria (the first on the list). In my case, the device is in standby mode so still connected to the power grid. Apparently, putting the device on standby forces a full reset.

Although it's okay that a machine forgets the settings after a prolonged period of being disconnected, this should not occur in the case Ralf describes nor in my case (standby). The manual clearly states that "When disconnect your player from the power supply for a long time, your player can lose the network settings. Set up the Wi-Fi network again." (source)

Ralf, could you check whether your NetTV settings are also forgotten completely? Perhaps we're having the same issue. The NetTV functionality is completely useless as it is now.

Regards, Ajran
    If your net tv settings are reset after satndby/ power off, can you try deleting the NET TV memories? tried this before and this works for me...

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 365
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender

Level
    Thanks
    Karel,

not to scare you, but the only way for me to get it back working was to send my player to service. According to them mainboard was changed and since then it works fine. Even with 1.56 firmware.

By the way: Is there any reason that BDP8000 no longer is listed on Philips´s Homepage?
    Is it already End of Life? Will there be future support with Firmware-Updates?

Regards

Tom

In the support page, all the players will be there. home page > support >search BDP8000/12
    for the blu-ray home page, they show those newer models (but to me bdp8000 is quite new)...

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinnie View Post
    In the support page, all the players will be there. home page > support >search BDP8000/12
    for the blu-ray home page, they show those newer models (but to me bdp8000 is quite new)...
    kwinnie,

i know that it was always "searchable", but the fact that it is not longer listed in the "Front-Page / Product-Page" means to me, that it seems to be not longer promoted.

Try to buy one online @ amazon.de for example....

Tom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12