• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

7500/S2 problems

- Sound and image out of sync
    When I use the speakers on my TV (Philips 46" 9705) and the 7500 is connected through a HDMI cabel, the image and sound is in sync. But when I have the 7500 connected to a Hegel HD10 DAC (thorugh SPDIF) that is again connected to an amplifier, the sound is before the image.

- Auto startup
    I hate that when I turn the player on, it autostarts the disc. It should be an option if I would like this to happen.

- Icon not working
    If I for example playing Xbox and then turn on the bluray-player. I get an icon in my "home menu" on my TV (Philips 46" 9705), that says "play current disc". When i press this the TV switch to the HDMI channel where my bluray player is connected, and then the bluray player freezes. I have to cut the power to the bluray player to get it to work again.

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,111
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

1) during you play the "out-of-sync-movie" - press the option key. At the end, there is an entry called "Audio Delay". Set it (for example) to 120-140ms.

2) I also like to have an option to set up this behaviour

3) Did you wait some time, cause the BDP needs time to finish his starting procedure. If not, it seems to be a bug

Toengel@Alex

Achievements:
    1 year registered1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    3)
    I can see that the disc has started playing, and the timer on the display is ticking. When I then press this "Play curremt disc" icon on my TV:

1: the TV switch to the correct HDMI channel
    2: The timer on the bluray player freez on the time when i clicked the icon.
    3: Only the bluray players background image can be seen on my TV.

Platinum Member
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsOverdriveNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks
    To be clear. Did it work when pressing the audio delay option or not? I don´t see this back here since it looks you only answer question 3 ( or maybe I miss it )

Regards

Diamond Member
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

I'm not sure if the audio delay option is present on the 7500MKII... It seems only a feature of the BDP9600 (I learnt a while ago that the BDP8000 does NOT have this function).

Toengel@Alex

Platinum Member
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsOverdriveNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks
    No it doesn´t have it ( at least that is what the DFU says ). Does your Hegel not have this option then?

For me the problem is nor in the TV nor in the BDP....

Regards

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    The only option I have is setting the distance between the speakers and listening position. I don't know if this is effecting the delay, but I don't notice a difference. Shouldn't the delay also happen when the it's connected through HDMI?

Other problems:
    - The player makes a lot of noise. Not all the time, but mostly there is a high frequent sound from the disc spinning. Why can't it be quit all the time when it can be sometimes?

- The remote is crap! I don't know the different method used in transferring the signal from the remote to the player, but with some remotes you can point them in in the wall and still the receiver-end gets the signal. The 7500 is not like that. Most times I have to push the buttons two times before something happens.

- The few times when I want the player to start the disc that is currently in the player, the player can't remember where i stopped the movie, and it starts the disc from the beginning. The only movie I can remember where this actually work, is Avatar. I don't know why.

Diamond Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

resuming - it depends on the BD. Not all BDs (mostly with BD live) don't supprot resuming.

Toengel@Alex

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 292
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Frezzaldo View Post
    - The player makes a lot of noise. Not all the time, but mostly there is a high frequent sound from the disc spinning. Why can't it be quit all the time when it can be sometimes?
    Never had this issue. The noise depends really on different factors. The worst part with support is we do have to provide the steps to reproduce the issue.

- The remote is crap! I don't know the different method used in transferring the signal from the remote to the player, but with some remotes you can point them in in the wall and still the receiver-end gets the signal. The 7500 is not like that. Most times I have to push the buttons two times before something happens.
    Another one complaining for the remote control. So I am not the only one in the planet having such a bad remote ...
    I do have a 2009 made Philips TV which (universal) remote control works VERY VERY well. But guess what: the universal control is incompatible with BDP7500...
    Philips Support just confirmed they are incompatible because BDP7500 came later that TV. A universal remote control cannot handle a device of the same brand. That's what we call friendly devices and friendly support...

- The few times when I want the player to start the disc that is currently in the player, the player can't remember where i stopped the movie, and it starts the disc from the beginning. The only movie I can remember where this actually work, is Avatar. I don't know why.
    All the DVD/Blu-rays I have played so far never had this issue. When restarting the BDP the disk starts playing when it stops and a message to press a button (button OK if I am not mistaken) to restart the disk from the beginning.

Tags for this Topic