Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Smile No sound on tv

Hi
    Does anyone encountred this type of problem. I have recently bought a Philips tv 46 inch, i connected my laptop HP pavilion dv7 1000ea via an hdmi cable to the tv and with all the settings and connections correct. I have picture but no sound from the tv. Recently i did try my laptop to another type of tv and it worked good . Can anyone help me solve this problem ?

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,102
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

first please state your TV model and firmware and also your PC OS (I assume windows)...

Did you setup your windows to use HDMI-Sound. Check that please...

Toengel@Alex

Silver Member
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Toengel,
    probably bbrincat already setup his windows to use HDMI-Sound, else it would not have worked on the other type of TV.

My question for him, instead, is: did you connect the laptop from HDMI port to HDMI port on TV via HDMI cable? Or did you use a DVI port on the laptop with an adaptor DVI-HDMI? It seems that HP pavilion dv7 1000ea has got an HDMI port, but just to be sure...

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,102
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

good point, pistoiaa...

Toengel@Alex

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 342
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Topic has been moved to the right Subsection.

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 212
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    hi pistoiia and toengel

actually you are both right. Actually that the PC audio works with a TV via hdmi and not with the other is not a good cross test in this case.

I have also a laptop and it "remembers" the audio output selection depending to which TV I connect it to. So maybe the first time you connect your PC to a TV, you will have to check the audio output selection is directed to HDMI and select it a "Default" so next time you connect to the TV it will work right away.

I tried to insert image but for some reason it doesn't work as it should so I leave a link to the HP support page where they explain how to do this audio output selection for different possible HDMI audio out interfaces.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...k&lc=en&dlc=en

Regards,
    Last edited by sngbcn; 07-15-2011 at 07:34 AM.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Red face no sound on tv

Hi

Thanks to all of you who replied to my post . I have entered in my video card settings (nvidia )and there i found that the card is not detecting the hdcp on my Philips tv, where when i searched on the tv it supports the hdcp . Can anyone help me with this hdcp (high-bandwith digital content protection)

Regards
    bbrincat

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 342
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi bbrincat,

please make sure that you use the latest drivers for your graphics card.
    There has been some trouble with older drivers but this should have been solved now with the latest versions.

Regards
    Thomas

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 212
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi bbrincat,

Did you check the guide I posted? HDCP doesn't cause this behaviour, if you really had an HDCP issue you would not have any picture either. Take note that PC content is not HDCP protected, so you can playback HD multimedia files even on a non HDCP compliant monitor.

Anyway, as Thomas says do update the g-card drivers

Regards,

Gold Member
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrincat View Post
    Hi

Thanks to all of you who replied to my post . I have entered in my video card settings (nvidia )and there i found that the card is not detecting the hdcp on my Philips tv, where when i searched on the tv it supports the hdcp . Can anyone help me with this hdcp (high-bandwith digital content protection)

Regards
    bbrincat
    Did you had any success by updating the Drivers?

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi all. I was interested to find this post as I have had the same problem but with a different TV and laptop. And I have had great difficulty finding any relevant information or help.

I have a phillips 47 inch lcd which works absolutely fine with both video and audio when I connect my laptop via hdmi (hdmi to hdmi). Yet when I try to connect to my girlfriends TV I get video but no audio (her TV is an AOC L42W781HS). My laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio x500 with Nvidia GTS250m and Nvidia high def audio version 1.0.10.0.

I have checked my sound sttings and when connected it shows that the sound default changes to hdmi as it does with my phillips so the problem isn't selecting the right output. Smart audio also show the sound going through HDMI.

I too thought it was a HDCP issue as windows properties shows the AOC tv's speakers as being non compliant. Yet Nvidia control panel shows both the audio and video on both tv and graphics card as being compatible. And the Tv instructions spec it as being hdcp compliant. Not sure why windows sound settings shows it as non compliant though. When I check on my phillips tv windows sound properties shows that as being compliant. I know sngbcn says it cant be this but that is the only variable I can find so far.

I did think the TV was faulty as a panasonic hd dvd player would also show video but no audio via hdmi on th AOC. but then I connected a PS3 and a hd sky box which both outputted fine on the AOC. So what could cause the laptop and a dvd player not to output the sound???

I have just seen another forum which someone had similar (not exact same as thiers didn't work on any tv) issues and what worked for them was to select spdif as default. I'm sure I have already tried this without success but will try again when I'm next at her house. I can't see it working for me as when I connect the sound auto defeaults from laptop speakers to hdmi.

I hope someone can help us figure out this issue.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Still looking for info on this issue and there is a suggestion that it may be because the TV not giving out audio may only accept 2 channel pcm audio and that the laptop may be giving out different. I'm not sure how to test this though as I dont know how to force the laptop into outputting 2 channel pcm audio. Any ideas?

Gold Member
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by timanfiya View Post
    Still looking for info on this issue and there is a suggestion that it may be because the TV not giving out audio may only accept 2 channel pcm audio and that the laptop may be giving out different. I'm not sure how to test this though as I dont know how to force the laptop into outputting 2 channel pcm audio. Any ideas?
    if still neccessary, contact the laptop vendor and ask for help on the config

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 196
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hi everybody,
    I am having the same problem with getting audio to work via the HDMI cable connected my LapTop to my TV. LapTop HDMI --> TV HDMI. Video works excellently but I can't get audio to come out of the TV. It is interesting that I used to have the sound earlier some times and it was not so easy to achieve. It apiered after doing number of resets of the notebook or TV, or both for several times and changing playback devices under "Sound" and I can not say what was helpful. Now it is impossible no matter how hard I try. And I have tried a lot of things. Installing, reinstalling drivers, reseting to default my TV and computer settings, updating TV's latest firmware, restarting computer and TV with HDMI cable pluged in or not pluged in a lot of times, tried to reset computer and TV switching diferent windows sound properties even uninstalled all audio under "Sound, video and game controllers" and uninstaled "NVIDIA Geforce 8400M GS" under "Display adapters" in the Device Manager and reinstaled back, tried to find answers on various forums and support sites. NOTHING... I have spent hudge amount of time on it. And as I can see I'am not alone with this problem. Thousands of people have the same or similar problem. But there is no concrete help. When looking at the driver version of NVIDIA graphic card it may seem it is out of date (10/3/2009), but when I downloaded the latest version (8/3/2011) I can not get even video on my TV. So I got back to the older version. I asked NVIDIA customer care for help. Above all that I mentioned they asked to check the BIOS options of the laptop for the changes that may be needed for the audio to be routed over HDMI on the laptop. I tried to check BIOS as they told. But there are nothing like audio options there in my laptop. So it is impossible to check anything for HDMI audio. After all these mostly computer works I started suspecting Philips TV. Can it be that somehow Philips TV's are guilty in these issues? Anybody have any more ideas, advices? I've lost all my hopes.

I am using:
    HP Pavilion DV6645en Notebook/AMDTurion 64x2/TL-58/1.9Ghz/15.4"/2GB/160GB/GeForce8400M/ WinVista HomePremium/Service Pack2/32-bit OS

Philips LED TV 32PFL9705H 81 cm (32") Full HD 1080p digital TV with Ambilight Spectra 3 and Perfect Pixel HD Engine

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Similar problem here too...

Hi!

I have a similar problem with my setup. I have a Philips 46PFL5605H/12 LCD TV (Firmware Version: 000.140.039.000, 2011-07-27). I want to hook up my PC to the TV, but I get no sound no matter what I try (the picture quality is perfect).

I have an MSI N9800GTX+ 2D1G (nVidia 9800 GTX+ 1GB), which has 2 DVI connectors. I'm using one for my regular monitor (Samsung 2232BW), and the other one is connected with a DVI-to-HDMI converter to the TV. I've connected my mainboard's (ASUS M3A78) internal S/PDIF Digital Out to the graphics card's "Audio In" and enabled the "HDMI - HTDV (Audio Enabled)" option in the nVidia Control Panel (Driver Version 275.33). I also set my sound card driver (VIA HD Audio 8.7.00.30) to HDMI Digital Out.

But unfortunately I get no sound on my TV as soon as I set the VIA (eg. the Windows Sound Output) to HDMI Digital Out.

Does anybody know a solution? I have been trying to set up my system for hours now.

Oh, and BTW I have Windows Vista Business SP2 on my PC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast