07-15-2011, 11:22 AM #1
- Join Date
- Jun 2011
- Thanked 69 Times in 60 Posts
- Rep Power
Now/Next & IP-EPG Recording (PVR)
First of all I would like to thank you all for your comments and experiences on the “Now/Next” and “IP-EPG recording” subjects.
I understand that all of you are waiting on comments from us, so we will try to give you some answers.
I do understand and agree with you that “Now/Next” information is a kind of standard for all DVB-based transmissions.
It is maybe less convenient as before (where it was shown during zapping), but the feature is still there: you can find it via the “Option” button -> “What's on”.
IP-EPG recording (PVR)
There has been some confusion and also questions about the recording feature for our new 2k11 TV's. Here are some points for clearification:
- USB Recording is possible on 2k11 TV's from 6000 Series onwards (xxPFL6xx6).
Note: latest firmware has to be installed.
- USB Recording requires a USB stick (or external HDD) with min. 32 GB memory.
Note: as the USB stick/drive will be formated, all data on it will be lost.
- Saved Recordings will be encrypted and can only be decrypted with the same TV, so sharing movies will NOT be possible .
- USB Scheduled Recording requires an active internet connection on the TV (wired or wireless).
Specially on the last point, I have seen many comments/questions and I have to say, yes you must have an active Net TV to make “Scheduled Recordings” (not needed for Timeshift recordings).
This because the information about the recording (time, date, channel, etc.) will be stored on the Net TV servers, and therefore internet connection is required.
As this is a completely new feature on our TV's, we would very much appreciate your experiences here, to see how this is working.
This topic will be locked and updated when needed.
Last edited by Philips; 07-15-2011 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Corrected some typing errors.[many different Devices]-[many different Versions]-[Astra19,2°E/Cable Germany]-[50Mbit DSL]