Your experiences with FW v0.140.39.0 for 8xx5 and 9xx5 series (2010 models)
Please share your experiences with this new SW version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.
Discuss here all your experiences when upgraded to the new version: new, old, positive, negative.... (for example, the "sound drop at HDMI problem" or the "black screen during zapping problem" is solved !).
no changelog available at this time...
Haha, for my TV, even the release notes of 140.37 are still not available !
Originally Posted by Toengel
See here . I'm not expecting the release notes of 140.39 any time soon to be honest..
Still no ip-epg at dvb-s!!!!!
Failure to HDMI audio is still, after installing fw audio cuts out in the first minute a total of 11 times. I feel that Philips does not address it, since interruption of the sound is the same in all the recent firmware. I am disappointed and returned to the TV business ...
hei MOD thomas you have closed the thread from 5000 series saying that: the new one was open but no, there is only one for the series 8000 and higher!
Originally Posted by theflyer1972
thats true, thanks for the hint. The other one is reopened and free for Discussions on 5/6/7 Series.
Stil no IP-EPG with Ziggo and CI+ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Still no now/next box when zapping.
I would give up on this. Think about your blood pressure
Originally Posted by Erikrijnders
So many firmware releases without any proper updates/improvements...and not even being capable to repair major bugs like the audio drops.
i guess still no subs via usb....
I have seen some (minor) improvements:
1) I think that they have fixed the problem with "no channels found", introduced in 140.36. I need more time to test, but the fact that I haven't got it (despite the many restarts I have done) is a promising start.
2) They have corrected a typo in the Greek menu. 2 more corrections are required though.
3) They have changed the startup behaviour. The user settings are respected from the very first frame shown (the philips logo).
4) I have the feeling that they tweaked somehow DNM. But it my be my impression only.
No fix for: sound-drops, DVBT-EPG for Greece, sleep timer in the green menu, now next.
I don't use the multimedia features/NetTV at all, so no info from me about them.
But I like this firmware because of the changes in startup, and the "no channels found" fix. Not like he 140.36 & 140.37 firmwares that had this annoying bug...
Sound drops occur when you have the wrong motherboard. That nothing that a firware update can fix!!!!
List so far of things not fixed:
- no Subtitles via USB possible
- still no now/next box when zapping (alle Philips customers want that because its THE standard nowadays!!, and not as Philips mentiones a kind of standard). Philips wake up, listen to your customers instead of anoying us with information we already know that the now/next is hidden behing buttons. When I zap i donot want to go through all these steps to see whats on en whats next!!!!!! Philips laks all feeling of what a tv-consumer wants and is not willing to take steps to solve it.
- DVBT- EPG for Greece
- Still no IP-EPG for Ziggo/UPC-users in the Netherlands with CI+
- Still no IP-EPG for DVB-S
- sleep timer in the green menu.
It is the second day with the 140.39 firmware on my 46PFL9705 tv, and I haven't received the message "no channels found" when opening my TV. I have done many tests in order to see if the bug is still there, and all failed.
So, I assume that this "no channels found" bug has been fixed in 140.39.
Has anyone seen this "no channels found" after upgrading to 140.39?
Originally Posted by petasis
I think I've seen quiet a bit of reactions from you when a new firmware was released that yet again the Greek translation was not corrected...
How do you know?
Originally Posted by Erikrijnders
Did you had sounddrops that are fixed after that replacement? An how long did that take?
As soon as they post the prel. changelog I'm upgrading it...
Installed the .39 version today and did some testing with 3D. The effect is a lot stronger now, items seem to come further out of the screen. Unfortunately the cross talk problem is a lot worse on my set! Dept, middle and out coming effects, on all these levels I experience the cross talk. With previous firmware versions the cross talk was only visible when something came out of screen, but in dept it was mostly gone.
Can some confirm this increase of cross talk?
Tags for this Topic