32PFL9604H (firmware 000.026.078.000 unstable with CI+)
I experience a lot of very annoying issues on my 32PFL9604H (firmware version 000.026.078.000 / release: 2010-07-15) in combination with my CI+ card/module (Cablecom/UPC Switzerland):
- CI+ card/module (i.e. hardware) is sometimes not detected by the TV set at startup (reboot required)
- "VerschlŁsseltes Programm" (encrypted program) is shown very often and randomly either on all TV channels or at least on some of them (after startup or during runtime / reboot required)
- Extremely slow re-arrangement of TV channels
- Slow menu navigation
- Startup of the TV set is very slow (takes approx. 1 min.)
In some forums, user complain about the same problems with that firmware especially in combination with the CI+ card/module from Cablecom/UPC. Without the card/module the above issues don't occur. Replacing the card/module didn't solve the problems.
Furthermore there are the following issues:
- IP-EPG: The clock that shows the current time is missing (only today's date and day is available)
- IP-EPG: TV-preview (in the left upper corner, above the advertisment) is missing and there is no sound
- Program/channel guide (INFO button): Slow information update in program/channel guide: Clock remains on 02:00-02:01 and there is no text available for approx. 10s.
- Program/channel guide (INFO button): No vertical navigation available in program guide. Text is cut after three lines and has three points at the end of the last line.
- Pop-up bar with program/channel information at the upper screen area (the one that is displayed every time the channel is switched) is sometimes empty (i.e. clock remains on 02:00-02:01 and there's no text).
Philips, please release a firmware that fixes these issues! The firmware is already one year old!
Last edited by mhermann; 06-18-2011 at 05:02 PM.
Is there someone who experienced some or more of the above mentioned problems? Will there be a new firmware for that TV set, soon?
Unfortunately, there is still no new firmware available that solves these problems. Especially the CI+ card issues are extremely annoying!
Please get in contact with your local call center http://www.philips.com/global/index.page
I've already done that serveral times since February 2011. Philips always told me that they've sent the list of problems to the developers, but never received a solution. Additionally, they told me that they don't know if any new firmware will be published for the 2009 TV-models anymore.
In my opinon the 32PFL9604H with FW 000.026.078.000 isn't compatible with the CI+ module of Cablecom/UPC (Switzerland). I had almost similar problems with a 8000 series model (2010), told it Philips and they fixed it in a new firmware. So why don't they solve the issues for an older TV model, too?
Originally Posted by Philips - Remko
Last edited by mhermann; 07-17-2011 at 11:10 AM.