• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share

Topiced View

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

YouTube on BDP3200/05

Just bought the BDP3200/05 and upgraded firmware to V1.63. Maybe I was being naÔve but I assumed the Youtube functionality would be like http://www.youtube.com/leanback, set to TV mode. I found the menu quite unusable, so much so I've given up on it.

The first thing I noticed was I launched straight into a video clip on Hacking-gate. Couldn't it start at a different landing page, not the video du jour?

The next thing was it was very difficult to see which category was being highlighted. Looking carefully, and comparing to leanback, the red box was missing on selection, and all that showed was a *very* faint glow.

In leanback, when you click on "Discover" you get a really good interface, especially with the menu on the left. The poor interface was made worse because I found the remote keypad very slow to respond (and requiring quite firm presses, though not noticebly so during set up)

Lastly, and I don't really know if this is practical, are there plans to allow sign-in? Having your own playlists is really essential.

I can only hope there will be further development, and further upgrades soon. I noticed the firmware for BDP3250/12 includes Picasa.
    Last edited by Philips; 07-22-2011 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Changed Picasso into Picasa :-)

Tags for this Topic