• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

The whole concept of "experience menu" is useless.

Yesterday evening I watched a music video. The Cure - Trilogy is a really cool ambilight show! I started the experience menu, changed the picture profile, turned on ambilight, changed it to "really fast", pulled up ambilight brightnessin configuration menu. Felt like a hundred clicks!

Why not put it all together? I want to cycle through complete (!) profiles with a click on the experience button, just like changing aspect ratio with a single button. How many profiles do you really use? For me it would be "music", "soccer", "standard", "standard with relaxed ambilight". Editable profile names would be nice, too.

I hope you know what I mean.

Carsten

PS: I agree, that the sleep timer should be placed on the green button, a more flexible wakeup timer should be placed in the root of main menu or maybe even in the home menu.

Platinum Member
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 359
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cmeyer View Post
    PS: I agree, that the sleep timer should be placed on the green button, a more flexible wakeup timer should be placed in the root of main menu or maybe even in the home menu.
    We have been asking this for about a year. I have no idea why it is taking so long to react to such a small change...

Platinum Member
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 401
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hello,

I think changing the Ambilight settings is not a thing one does very often. For me, I setup this once as I want to have it on most cases. So this is not changed as often as the aspect ratio.

So I think, it is good not to spend an extra button on the remote, if you meant this.

Why do you want to change your ambilight setting so often?

For the editable profile names I full agree. Changing that to customize it would be a nice feature.
    Or even more: edit the complete set of available profiles with all settings also on your computer and export exchange them with others...

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smart View Post
    I think changing the Ambilight settings is not a thing one does very often. For me, I setup this once as I want to have it on most cases. So this is not changed as often as the aspect ratio.

So I think, it is good not to spend an extra button on the remote, if you meant this.

Why do you want to change your ambilight setting so often?
    Well, why do you change aspect ratio so often? ;-) No, what I meant was that I want to save all (!) the current settings in a profile. No need for a special ambilight button.

I'm using "relaxed" for most movies or documentaries, "medium" for soccer and "dynamic" for most music.

Quote Originally Posted by smart View Post
    For the editable profile names I full agree. Changing that to customize it would be a nice feature.
    Or even more: edit the complete set of available profiles with all settings also on your computer and export exchange them with others...
    Okay, I will send you my music profile then ;-)

This feature could also help with sorting the channels.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hm, not so sure about my statement about it's use anymore ...

The "experience menu" COULD offer more flexibility than complete profiles. But then it has to be fully customizable. I always use the same sound setup and I never move the picture. For aspect ratio there is even a button on the remote! But I want to pin ANY main menu entry to MY "experience menu".

And, PLEASE drop the menu animation when wrapping around. Or just design it like the "home menu". No need for wrapping, and limited to a dozen entries. Should fit.

Thank you for your attention ;-)

Carsten
    Last edited by cmeyer; 07-22-2011 at 08:33 PM.