• Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi Jomsp,

If you say that this happens always on the 8th, 16. or 24. position, I would say that this is independed from the content itself.
    So now it is very important to check if it is the Server(PC) or the Client(TV).
    So please test it via USB and also, install an alternate UPnP Server on the PC:
    In this case i would recommend fuppes. It is an easy to use server, after installation, just share the folder with the images and check if this behavior is still present or not.

Thanks
    Thomas

Silver Member
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 271
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Thomas View Post
    Hi Jomsp,

If you say that this happens always on the 8th, 16. or 24. position, I would say that this is independed from the content itself.
    So now it is very important to check if it is the Server(PC) or the Client(TV).
    So please test it via USB and also, install an alternate UPnP Server on the PC:
    In this case i would recommend fuppes. It is an easy to use server, after installation, just share the folder with the images and check if this behavior is still present or not.

Thanks
    Thomas
    Hi Philips - Thomas,

I found that the problem occurs with any folder that has subfolders and images. If I delete the subfolders the problem does not occur.

I guess we could say that this is a bug in the player from the TV.
    On each screen of the TV shows eight "pictures" (elements). If we include a subfolder with the images appear crossed out in the eighth image thumbnails and multiples of eight(16, 24, 32, etc) would be the first element of the next "page" in position 9, 17, 25, 33 etc.. If we include two subfolders appear crossed two images with the same logical sequence, if we include three subfolders appear crossed three images, and so on if we include more subfolders. Crossed many images appear in groups of eight as the number of subfolders are included.

Having clarified in which cases the bug occurs, I suppose it's easily corrected. No?

We look forward to your communication.

Regards

Pd. I do not think that on Windows there is a media server that has less bugs than Windows Media Server. If there is a bug, by default, Windows Media Sever "never" be the problem... right?

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

for DLNA and UPnP the TV (or any other compatible Device) only shows whats delivered by the Server.
    Therefore im sorry but i can not agree to your Point at this Stage.
    Even as it is working now in the way you have described, it is not said that this is related to the TV.
    Please dont get me wrong. If at the End we can say that it is the TV, we will get into it but at this moment this is still the Question.
    To see where the Issue comes from i have to repeat, check via USB and via an alternate Server with Folders and Subfolders.

Thanks
    Thomas

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I´m sorry but i can not agree to your point at this stage.
    Please dont get me wrong, but:

The clarity of my test is more than enough for Philips to take good note at least, considering that there are many possibility that the problem is with the player from the TV. Windows Media Server is a DMS the most widely used by customers of Philips, DLNA 1.5 certified.

If it works via USB will not serve to prove anything, since in this case is the communication between Windows Media Server and Player Philips TV via DLNA.

Check with fuppes is not a conclusive test because it is not even a DLNA certified.

In any case, think that most customers are users of Windows Media Server and this is supported by one of the largest software companies in the world.

With all due respect, what more reason do not need to take my test as fairly conclusive?.

Thanks

Gold Member
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    o_O
    what exactly did you "test" as you call it?
    you say "it doesnt work with wmp, has to be the tv"...

im sorry to say but even if microsoft is THE largest software company doenst mean that they do everything right... Windows is the best example

short note, i could test your setting with fuppes, twonky and Tversity, works fine on all 3 servers with my tv...

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by a_Tom View Post
    o_O
    what exactly did you "test" as you call it?
    you say "it doesnt work with wmp, has to be the tv"...

im sorry to say but even if microsoft is THE largest software company doenst mean that they do everything right... Windows is the best example

short note, i could test your setting with fuppes, twonky and Tversity, works fine on all 3 servers with my tv...
    No comments.

I hope the comments of Philips - Thomas ... someone responsible … Who are you in the world of software? ... why not learn to read better?... Grows a little

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12