• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Bronze Member
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

52pfl9704 firmware bug and questions watching HD sources

Hello to all

I am new to this forum and would like to describe a 9704 (0.26.78.0 currently) firmware bug.

I have a 52pfl9704 television connected to my pc with HDMI port by AMD radeon 6850 graphic card.
    the bug is: well i connected to new graphic card last Christmas to play some games and the windows7 screen became cyan and pink after a while working fine. I suspected to have bought a wrong graphic card and exchanged it with a new one, same model, again I had the same cyan/pink screen after about 40 min...

The new radeon driver can change the hdmi protocol so: from the default chroma+brightness+.. I set the driver to send RGB (4:4:4) in the HDMI and the TV bug is "dissipated". All works fine now, I never had cyan screen.

I would like the Philips will resolve this bug on my television and improve DLNA from 1.0 to vers:1.5 in my TV for customer loyalty.

questions:

- who knows what is "deep color" ? is it implemented in our 9704 television?
    - to watch better a movie connected to our TV is better to use 24,25,50 or 60Hz refersh? ( I am using 50Hz now)
    - why natural motion has minimal and full settings, what are difference watching HD movies?

Platinum Member
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 482
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Dear Matteos,

I've not understood: which firmware version are you meaning?

You can obtain it pressing (on your remote control in sequence) the knobs 1-2-3-6-5-4, there'll be the firmware verison installed.
    Try the latest and let us know if it'll remain or not.

regards

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    hello

I installed the last one available in philips italian site (the version is 000.026.078.000 )
    I am e engineer and happy to help you, my tv is in Padua :-)

Platinum Member
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 482
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    so you're refferring to the 140.27.0.0, isn't it?

regards

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    no

My television is 52PFL9704 (model 2009 ) and not a 52pfl9705 (model 2010 that maybe you suppose to be).

Have you seen a 52pfl9705 sold in italy?

The firmware version of my television is 000.026.078.000. bye

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by matteos View Post
    Hello to all

I am new to this forum and would like to describe a 9704 (0.26.78.0 currently) firmware bug.

I have a 52pfl9704 television connected to my pc with HDMI port by AMD radeon 6850 graphic card.
    the bug is: well i connected to new graphic card last Christmas to play some games and the windows7 screen became cyan and pink after a while working fine. I suspected to have bought a wrong graphic card and exchanged it with a new one, same model, again I had the same cyan/pink screen after about 40 min...

The new radeon driver can change the hdmi protocol so: from the default chroma+brightness+.. I set the driver to send RGB (4:4:4) in the HDMI and the TV bug is "dissipated". All works fine now, I never had cyan screen.

I would like the Philips will resolve this bug on my television and improve DLNA from 1.0 to vers:1.5 in my TV for customer loyalty.

questions:

- who knows what is "deep color" ? is it implemented in our 9704 television?
    - to watch better a movie connected to our TV is better to use 24,25,50 or 60Hz refersh? ( I am using 50Hz now)
    - why natural motion has minimal and full settings, what are difference watching HD movies?
    how do you set 4 4 4 on radeon card ?

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by enzo View Post
    how do you set 4 4 4 on radeon card ?

You need to install the full catalyst driver package (about 100Mb)
    and control panel gives you more alternatives for hdmi protocol interface to television

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

I had this problem to!!

Talked to a guy with a great knowledge about electronics and he told me the only difference between the new models is the software and the new ones are a little less energy hungry and a little less bulky, meaning thinner.

However thanks to the 200Hz display they could even give us active 3D not the cheap one with colors, we would only need to buy glases. But this will never happen since they prefer selling us another tv. Before this one I had a 42PFL0803 which I almost had to give away to buy this one, wanted to buy the super wide philips this year but when I almost gave away this one I stoppped myself. I will use this until it breaks and after that I will really look after a manufacturer who updates their firmware and really gives people something new with each update. It's a joke it can't play MKV in 1080p and when I pay like 500 Euro for an AMD based Mini HTCP I get that HDMI error, Thanks for the tip by the way, should have known it wasn't the Mini HTCP. Almost returned a great peace of tech. Now it works but Philips should atleast fix that. Almost lost a great deal of money on postage.

They don't sell this modell anymore so they don't care, the warrantys are almost out and you can't fix a software deffekt without a software on warranty, I bet they say it's a compatibility problem and the tv isn't broken. however if it work with any other tv it should work with this super expensive peace of sh..t.

Philips was great pre year 2000. Now they just want to make money and they let the chinese do the most of the work since they are cheap. They fooled me once but they wont fool me twice, I was a Philips nerd, loved everything Philips even the super expensove remotes, today you get a Harmony for a chunk of the price of a Pronto and they still won't learn. They will soon die out since the others atleast know they have costumersz and they are living thinking people not apes. And philips stuff aren't bnananas...
    Last edited by Skevast; 08-06-2011 at 07:59 PM.