Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Philips - Cassandra

Question Share your wish list here: What features would you like your audio equip to have?

If you could build your own ultimate Philips audio device, what features would you include to experience the best sound and performance?

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 365
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster

Level
    Thanks
    To be the first one to summarize some suggestions here

On Streamium :
    1. Russian language improvement: Russian letters 'В' and/or 'Г' cannot be typed separately. (NP2500)
    2. No way to switch the backlight off (NP2500)
    3. Expect no break in between tracks, esp when streaming (NP3500)
    4. Set more than 1 alarms (NP3900) > this one I really like since in my iPhone i have to set at least 4 alarms to wake myself up
    5. Bookmark folders as favourites (NP3900)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Docking :
    1. Ok, this is from me myself. I think the fabric surface of the docking speakers is rather difficult to clean, quite dust-magnet. My friend taught me to use sticky tape to stick the dirtiness/ dust out.

are there other better ways to clean your device? and if there's other better material for the future products, i think that will be better. what you think?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kwinnie For This Useful Post:

rigormortis (01-31-2013)

Platinum Member
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 401
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I wish to have no gap between different tracks, when playing over network (streaming). There are applications like live concerts, classic concerts, Mix-CDs from DJs which are seperated in different tracks to allow some navigation, but should be listened seemless without break between the tracks. Audio-CDs allow to have no gap between different tracks.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to smart For This Useful Post:

rigormortis (01-31-2013)

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Cassandra View Post
    If you could build your own ultimate Philips audio device, what features would you include to experience the best sound and performance?
    built a 96xx Series 2.1 Stereo system with the components built in the CRT Philips TV 32PW9618. (year 2003) i donīt need 5.1 or 7.1! or tube and aluminium case like MCM906

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/d...uctInformation
    but including the subwoofer (incredibly small but outstanding sound quality!) also the left and right speakers i think itīs 2 ways isnīt it?

further with
    -2x coaxial digital IN
    and at least
    -1x optical digital input... two would be better too. Now itīs year 2011! left right analog stereo also use my Tandberg Receiver... but they were made in 1976!!

- 5 band equalizer like the 32PW9618 CRT PHILIPS has. (i have to say this is the first Audio equipment i donīt feel the need of bass enhancement and Treble adjustment. listen to 3000 series Philips flat screens!!! not only I think something must be wrong with your ears! but NO itīs what we got in the low entry segment ...no words)
    - maybe Lip Sync correction duo to the input output lag, some FLAT TVs have..
    - maybe UKW and DAB+ tuner
    - colour: precision silver NO glossy case please like Philips HTR-9900
    http://www.areadvd.de/hardware/2009/...tr9900_1.shtml
    glossy, glare finish is a NO GO

but WITHOUT a bluray player... i also donīt need a CD player but this shouldn't be to expensive? if with CD player than with MP3 including fast forwarding not only skip to next MP3.

cheap Pioneer Car radios DEH-2300UB for 70 € can do this, but 200-300 Philips MCM 2.0 sound systems canīt do a fast search in a mp3?? Patentproblem isnīt it?

-price should be between 500-900 EUR
    -ships from and sold by Amazon !!!

thatīs all... just want to listen to TV and digital Radio over DVB like i can do with the 32PW9618 This TV sounds nearly as good as my Tandberg, but the 2.1 sound system is much smaller. Further Tandberg radios wonīt produces anymore Philips is still here and itīs made in EU (at least the 9000 series i hope)

bye bye a hugh Philips Matchline 2.1 Sound Fan

by the way i donīt use the 2 wireless slim speakers very often...
    Last edited by bugmenot; 08-23-2011 at 01:41 PM.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 108
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    My favorite audio gear is Winamp 2.9. My Philips ViBE 4Gb is almost perfect for in-car use (except for a Shuffle oddity we're investigating in another thread), especially that it resumes play with a single touch. Beats putting a laptop in the glove box! But I'd add these features:

1. A command to end play (and power off?) when the current song finishes
    2. An option of fade-out instead of stop play abruptly, including when switching to a different song
    3. The choice of whether to play regardless of power, or to stop when external power is switched off (like turning off the car)

I wish the various displays had more to do with one another. If I switch to the "clock" screen-saver, why not continue to use a small part of the screen to show the battery status and song now playing? If I turn off the unit and keep it plugged in, why use the screen (despite my power-save choices) to tell me the unit is charging, or is fully charged and should now be unplugged? What if I kept it plugged in because I want it to just become a wall clock? While playing and charging, could the "charging" animation also show how nearly charged it is? When resetting the clock, the current time should be the default for Hours and Minutes; also, it seems there is no way to zero the seconds.

I would love the unit, and buy five more for when they wear out, if I could really customize it: put my own .FON fonts into it, customize the displays by writing HTML, and write my own programs in the language of your choice to decide what songs to play when. Of course, these steps might make customer support a nightmare!

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hello,

Definitely AirPlay support for the Streamium sets (by the means of a software upgrade; I'd even pay for that !).

Best regards,

Citro

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredNew Achievement!5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Dear Citro,

I have sent you a private message. Please check your inbox for more information.

Thanks & regards,
    Philips Moderation Team
    Forum Mod

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Dear Philips support team,

Thank you for your message and your helpful hint.

I'll check this out ASAP.

Integration in the iPhone is somewhat less intuitive (as it's a separate app), but it sure is much much better than nothing at all !

I guess DNLA and AirPlay may be implemented together; the Denon network device seems to have both (but I admit I didn't take time to check it in detail).

Kind regards,

Citro

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 365
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster

Level
    Thanks
    to me, i think it's more or less similar - to use apps or to use airplay...
    i personally have tested... when using apps , the distance between the iphone and the device can be longer... when using airplay, the distance have to be closer...

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 108
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Here's a suggestion. There are several miniature products for home hobbyists; most connect to a PC. You write a program for it on the PC and then burn it into flash memory on the product. But if you want it to blink lights or operate devices, you get a soldering iron. A popular one in the US is the "BASIC Stamp" because it is the size of a postage stamp and it contains an interpreter for the old BASIC language. I've just learned about a more powerful one from Italy called Arduino for which you write programs in a "C-like" language.

These sell for several times the price of a ViBE player--which already has a USB interface, a color screen, a rudimentary keyboard, and sound output. And the ViBE probably has a much higher powered processor in it.

So produce a variation of the exact same hardware, for which the customer can write programs on a PC and load them into it through the USB port, and offer it to the hobbyist market. Make it easy for such programs to play MP3 files and to put custom stuff on the screen (perhaps by outputting HTML). Provide a framework for the user to write menus that would display like the ViBE menus.
    Last edited by Spike; 12-05-2011 at 01:34 AM. Reason: delete redundant word

Philips - Gary
    Hi Spike,

Thanks for the suggestion, this sounds like quite a good idea for the enthusiasts out there . As always your feedback is much appreciated and valued.

I have passed the details of your suggestion to our development team but cannot confirm if this is something we will implementing in the future.

Kind regards,

Gary

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Cassandra View Post
    On the NP3500/12, in random order:
    1. gapless playback.
    2. a real text search function in the current directory (because the list has already been downloaded, it can be implemented in the Streamium client, independent of the search capabilities offered by the upnp-server).
    3. directory sorting order should be alphabetical, insensitive to case & accents, so "pachelbel", "PADEREWSKI", "paganini" and "Pärt" should end up next to each other (in this order).
    4. show cover art in flac files.
    5. show multiple images in music files as a slide show.
    6. mark directories as favorite, not only single tracks.
    7. add internet radio stations locally, not on the philips website
    Last edited by kwetal; 01-04-2012 at 11:44 AM. Reason: add Streamium model type

Silver Member
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 258
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    About point -4-, My NP3900 shows my cover art and I only use Flac.
    Make sure the cover art is in a file called "Folder.jpg" that needs to be in the album folder.
    Some ripping tools do that automatically (example: dbpoweramp).

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi Kwetal,

Some good suggestions for the NP3500- I will pass your feedback to the development teams for future consideration.

Kind regards,
    Andrea
    Forum Mod

Platinum Member
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 401
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I fully agree with all points from kwetal. Except for Point 4, I currently don't use flac. I would even expect everything from todays streaming products. EspeciallY adding streams locally is a very important point. Who wants to depend on a single server for radio functionality.

I support that list, since some points makes me waiting with buying for a proper streaming solution, like play without break between records.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast