• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

The new NP3900, great sound but...

Wednesday i got the NP3900

I connect to my W-LAN and update the firmware directly.
    After that i choose a channel from the Internetradio, the sound is very great

But why i must accept the connection to the Internet at every time, when i start the Player from the Eco Power Standby?

And why the player do not remember the last radio channel or song and start playing, when i starts from the Eco Power Standby?

Why i can't sort the favorite list with my NP?
    Certainly, you want to push the user to register their device! (not nice, but ok)

Overall i think the NP3900 is the best kitchen radio that you can get on the market at this time
    Last edited by Philips; 08-05-2011 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Added link to model page.

Philips - Cassandra
    Hi Role,

Welcome to our sound support forum!

It's Great to hear you are enjoying the sound of your new NP3900.

Please can you confirm for us if you lose all of your internet connection settings each time or if you receive a pop up invitation asking if you would like to connect to the internet when you turn on from eco standby?

To answer your other questions - If you are in Eco Standby, it is not possible to store the last radio channel as in Eco mode less power is used and can not store/remember all settings. To resolve this switch the unit to active standby as this will help remember last radio channel.

You also had a question about sorting your favourites list – this would not be possible with your NP3900 as this is not a feature of the product and the favourite list.

Kind regards,
    Cassandra

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I receive a pop up invitation asking if i would like to connect to the Internet, but not longer at every time, i think the Problem is solved.

The active Power standby is okay, but it take too much power, so i want try to avoid this mode.
    I think it couldn't be a so big Problem to remember the last radio channel, please forward the feature request to the development department.

Thx for answering my questions

Philips - Cassandra
    You are welcome!

Glad to hear that you no longer receive the pop up every time and that the problem is resolved. If it happens again let us know and we will be happy to help.

We are always looking at ways to improve our products your feedback about remembering the last radio channel will be passed to our development team.

Hope that you continue to enjoy using your player and the sound forum!

Tags for this Topic