Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Diamond Member
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 407
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks

Thumbs up Your experiences with FW v0.10.94.1 for 6xx6T and 7xx6H/K/M/T series (2011 models).

Hi,

Please share your experiences with this new SW version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.

Discuss here all your experiences when upgraded to the new version: new, old, positive, negative.... (e.g. the "black screens during zapping" problem is solved!).
    Last edited by Philips; 06-20-2011 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Updated with the correct info and acc. to standard layout.

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Currently the 7-series does not support playback of 3D content via USB (according to the manual).
    Is 3D playback also not supported over DLNA?
    And are there plans to support 3D playback from USB/DLNA in a future firmware-release (if so, when?).
    According to a Greek review-site Philips told them this support is coming. See http://www.fullhd.gr/2008-03-14-21-3...12-review.html , you might need to use google translate

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 407
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

at the moment, you can use a 3D Blu-ray player to watch 3D contect from USB...

Toengel@Alex

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Toengel View Post
    Hi,
    at the moment, you can use a 3D Blu-ray player to watch 3D contect from USB...
    Yes, i can imagine that
    But i don't want to buy an extra 3D bluray player as i am going to use my PS3 for that.
    I have to decide if i want to go for the 7-series Philips or an LG 5500/570/650.
    LG can play 3D content from USB/DLNA.
    If Philips is going to add it (and there are rumours that they will) it makes the choice LG<->Philips harder (currently my plan is to go for LG).

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi TeunVR

None of our current TV Models is capable on 3d Playback either via USB or Network.
    3D Playback is possible via the Build in DVB-Tuners (S/C) or a HDMI Connection.

If you already have a PS3 for instance, you can use this one to Playback 3D(Games/Blu Ray) content.

Regards
    Thomas

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    No external subtitle support with USB?????????????????????
    Please implement this ASAP, every brand has this except for Philips...

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

improvements needed

I just received my 7906K yesterday and found myself confronted with a use model which I think could be improved in many ways.
    Here are my inputs:

* pressing keys in the lower rows one handed is very difficult. Either the remote should be longer at the bottom or the center of gravity should be lower so that it is balanced better.
    * The OK button should have the function of the search key when in normal viewing mode. Many other devices do it that way and it is ergonomic and intuitive.
    * ALL menus should circle around, i. e. if I am at the 1st item and go up I expect to get to the last item and vice versa.
    Instead most menus are like ladders which you have to climb up and down. That is a nuisance. The same applies to left/right menus.
    * When I set the language to German the next item was asking for the country. I'd expect that Germany would be selected as the countries default value by the previous language selection but that was not the case. Instead I had to search for Germany in an unsorted! list of countries.
    * The satellites were not pre-configured but I had to search for satellites first before I could search for stations. This was not obvious from the installation guide.
    * The station selection does not allow to de-select the search for encrypted stations. This clutters the station list unnecessarily.
    * Arranging stations is quite intuitive and ergonomic. Better yet would be if I could do it on my PC.
    * Marking stations as favorites is very awkward. It would be better if I could enter a favorite mode and then mark many stations as favorites before leaving the favorite mode again.
    * If I have marked my favorite stations and select to only show favorites I would want that I could sort that reduced list. This would be much more logical than sort in a cluttered list of 500..1000 stations.
    * It would be more intuitive to have channel up/down keys instead of channel left/right keys. Instead of having two rings around the OK key one ring and 4 extra keys would be better. The inner ring should be channel up/down and volume-/volume+ as on many other devices.
    * when I was playing with the settings I often ended up with a blank screen and the back did not get me out of it. I had to use the home key to get back to viewing mode.
    * the configuration screen should show more clearly which item is selected. It often looks as if SAT is selected but instead the cursor is somewhere else.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Sound drops

I have a Technisat Digit Isio S1 Receiver connected to a 42PFL7696K02 by an HDMI-cable. My AV-receiver is connected to the tv-set via toslink. With this setup, sound-drops occur on a regular basis (tv and internet media). No sound drops occur with a direct connection between Technisat and AV-receiver, so obviously this a bug in the signal processing of the tv-set.
    The sound format in the Technisat is set to Bitstream and Dolby Digital. I believe I have read about this issue concerning the 7...5-series but thought, it had been solved on newer sets...

Another issue is the HDMI-CEC-feature of the Philips. The Technisat can control the Philips but not vice versa. It would be nice, if the Philips could switch the channels at least.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Thomas View Post
    Hi TeunVR

None of our current TV Models is capable on 3d Playback either via USB or Network.
    3D Playback is possible via the Build in DVB-Tuners (S/C) or a HDMI Connection.

If you already have a PS3 for instance, you can use this one to Playback 3D(Games/Blu Ray) content.

Regards
    Thomas

Don't make any sense what you said, every 3D models of LG/Samsung/Sony/ (last update Panasonic) support the 3D playblack except for Philips apparently and if you can read the MKV 1080p you can read the MKV 3D.

3D playback is possible from the USB, you just don't want to update the Philips to make this possible

Like the 7xx6 can support the 2D->3D but you don't want ever to force the people buy a more expensive one tv..

Remember that, if you have this reaction, nobody would be interested by your product.

I have actually a 7xx6 and i regret to don't have the same support like the another company

Next time please to say wrong information

Add 3D playback, 2D->3D, support of subtitles, more settings for the colors, etc...

You would make happy the people and the people would make pub for free
    Last edited by Zikzik; 07-29-2011 at 03:16 AM.

Platinum Member
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 359
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zikzik View Post
    Don't make any sense what you said, every 3D models of LG/Samsung/Sony/ (last update Panasonic) support the 3D playblack except for Philips apparently and if you can read the MKV 1080p you can read the MKV 3D.

3D playback is possible from the USB, you just don't want to update the Philips to make this possible
    Please, be more accurate when you are writting something, as writting wrong information may be unfair.
    Both panasonic and sony TVs do not support NTFS, thus they can handle files up to 4 GB, which means they cannot support most of the files containing a 720p movie.

Furthermore, all sony TVs do not support at all the matroska (MKV) container. The HX920 (their top model) supports: AVCHD [mts, m2ts], MP4 (AVC) [mp4], MP4 (MPEG4) [mp4], MPEG1 [mpg], MPEG2 [mpg], DivX [divx, avi].

So, how can they play 3D from USB?
    (I don't know much about the Korean brands though...)

And with 3D, I assume you mention half resolution 3D (i.e. side by side files). The MKV container does not support a full resolution 3D format...
    Only bluray disks can provide that (which you should consider if you like 3D...)

Silver Member
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnolv View Post
    Sound drops

I have a Technisat Digit Isio S1 Receiver connected to a 42PFL7696K02 by an HDMI-cable. My AV-receiver is connected to the tv-set via toslink. With this setup, sound-drops occur on a regular basis (tv and internet media)...
    This is quite interesting as I thought this touches only the 2010 models and not the newer ones. I have a similar setup using a Technisat DigiKorder K2 connected via HDMI to the 40PFL9705 - latest fw - and still sound drops, esp. when having 5.1 sound.

The only question I have here is: Will that ever been solved by a fw update or as stated somewhere here around by a hardware upgrade?

Cheers,
    Gerhard

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by petasis View Post
    Please, be more accurate when you are writting something, as writting wrong information may be unfair.
    Both panasonic and sony TVs do not support NTFS, thus they can handle files up to 4 GB, which means they cannot support most of the files containing a 720p movie.

Furthermore, all sony TVs do not support at all the matroska (MKV) container. The HX920 (their top model) supports: AVCHD [mts, m2ts], MP4 (AVC) [mp4], MP4 (MPEG4) [mp4], MPEG1 [mpg], MPEG2 [mpg], DivX [divx, avi].

So, how can they play 3D from USB?
    (I don't know much about the Korean brands though...)

And with 3D, I assume you mention half resolution 3D (i.e. side by side files). The MKV container does not support a full resolution 3D format...
    Only bluray disks can provide that (which you should consider if you like 3D...)
    Panasonic/Sony do not support NTFS ? i try the GT30 for few days before i choose the 7xx6, just to let you know, the Panasonic have a full support NTFS and work good ! MP4/MKV container work beautiful on it !

And my friends have a sony 720 and this one (even the HX920) can play the MKV 3D and MKV anyway, DIVX HD Certification (un DIVX HD support MKV/MKV 3D) both (panasonic/Sony) support the NTFS and the MKV 3D.

This is unfair to say the true ? come on, stop lying and give the true information, if you want to have more people interrested to your product, make better update for your screen, every company support the NTFS and MKV/MKV3D

The Panasonic have the THX 3D Certification too, you don't have this one.

Like i said, i was thinking to give back my Philips 7xx6 (problem of clouding) and you don't give any good update support, you say wrong information, it's not because philips change the company than you need to be like that.

I can give you proof of what i say if you want about both screen

Even the LG LW4500 i saw support everything format of media and have the 2D->3D, i don't understand why philips lie like that about this possibility, when you know you use the same stuff of LG on your screen ! your screen Passive is from LG.

You know a bluray is a bluray... use the container MP4/H.264 etc... i probably know better than you that, because i work for it and i work on the movie industrie
    Last edited by Zikzik; 07-29-2011 at 11:17 AM.

Platinum Member
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 359
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Panasonic/Sony do not support NTFS ? i try the GT30 for few days before i choose the 7xx6, just to let you know, the Panasonic have a full support NTFS and work good ! MP4/MKV container work beautiful on it !

And my friends have a sony 720 and this one (even the HX920) can play the MKV 3D and MKV anyway, DIVX HD Certification (un DIVX HD support MKV/MKV 3D) both (panasonic/Sony) support the NTFS and the MKV 3D.
    For me, this info is not true. Panasonic & sony do NOT support NTFS, and sony does NOT support mkv.
    Can you please post a link to an official page, saying what you say?
    Or can you post a picture of a sony playing an MKV file, from an NTFS disk?
    Or a panasonic, reading an NTFS disk?

This is from the VT30B manual (page 116):
    USB Flash Memory (for playing back in Media Player)
    USB Flash Memory format : FAT16, FAT32 or exFAT
    • A USB HDD formatted by PC is not supported in Media Player.
    If your friend's 720 can play mkv from NTFS, I would like to see a photo that proves it...

I can give you proof of what i say if you want about both screen
    Yes, I would like that, because all owners report the opposite of what you report.

i probably know better than you that, because i work for it and i work on the movie industrie
    Ok, I am waiting for some proofs then, that support your claims...

To my understanding, Philips doesn't want to add new features, for any reason. I am not sure if asking to do miracles with a TV helps. A 2D -> 3D conversion needs hardware to do it, it cannot be added to a TV that doesn't already have it. Supporting MK3D is a reasonable request, but claiming that competition has it when its not, makes the claim less valid. MK3D is a very new protocol, that event media players do not yet widely support it. Let alone TVs...
    I think that you have mistaken the ability of some makers (i.e. the Korean ones) to select side-by-side when playing mkv files from usb, as mk3d...

Anyway I think that your request is:
    a) Add 2D -> 3D to 7606
    b) Support for side by side/up down when playing mkv files from usb

The Korean brands do these (the Japanese brands don't), and Philips should answer your request...

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    petasis :

You really don't know what your are talking about, i just said before i tested a GT30 few days (i have little problem with it and i don't like the 3D active) but every medias work good ! GT30 have a DIVX HD/THX 3D Certification like the VT30 or G30, they support the FAT/FAT32/EXFAT/NTFS !! how you explain my storage NTFS (1To) work on the GT30 ? how you explain the MKV etc... work good ?... tell me.

Like i said you don't know what you are saying, every actual brand support now the container MKV and even the NTFS, about the Sony the last update firmware make the NTFS possible.

Before i bought the Philips 7xx6, i have the GT30 and a LG before that and a C750 Samsung, only the Philips don't accept the NTFS/MKV and 3D playback, the 3 screens before Philips can read eveything without problem, the only problem actually i saw about the medias, it's the DTS ! this you can say don't have the support on every brand but whatever you can encode to AC3 o ACC.

About the 2d->3d conversion is not a problem hardware but software ! you need to update the algorithm of the passive, how you think you can make the dual gaming possible ?...

Come on this stuff is my work, you don't go explain to me how to do my job, thanks.

If Philips want to say wrong information for save customer, it's really a bad reason to show the philips have better product.

Now Philips again, if you want more people interested by your product give the same offer than the another company.

Philips use LG Passive screen low range on the 7xx6

And stop to show fake manual please and just before you say Panasonic don't support 4gb+, did you know the Exfat is like the NTFS ?...

Anyway the Panasonic support both... whatever about that and support every actual medias

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 248
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    I get the impression that Zikzik thinks that Petasis works for Philips, but is he really? What I read from his posts sofar, he is not.....
    But anyhow, if he DOES or DOESN'T work for Philips, let's keep the tone friendly, we are just here to help each other......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast