loss of volume control via remote
I have a 2 yr old 42 in Philps LCD TV in which I just lost the ability to control the volume via the remote.
What I CAN do.
1. I can manually adjust the volume with the buttons on the side of the set.
2. As of yesterday , I can now mute the volume from the remote.
3. I have a volume status bar that moves on the screen as it should except it doesn't effect the actual volume.
4. ALL other remote functions work 100%. I can change channels with no problems.
What I CAN'T do.
1. Change the volume with my Comcast remote.
I have had Comcast service for a while with no issues. I added HD and got another cable box and all was well for months. For reasons I can't explain , I simply lost the ability to control the volume from my cable remote.
I have changed batteries. Changed remotes. Changed cable boxes , cords etc. All connections are tight. All other remote functions work fine. I have been on the phone with Comcast tech Support for a couple of hours all together. I have changed codes , changed options of how to control the volume and by unlocking the volume control , got the ability to now mute the sound. I went in the sound menu of the TV and adjusted the minimum sound level up but that made no difference. I am not using any external speakers.
Comcast says there is nothing more that they can do short of sending a service tech to my house $$$$$.
Any suggestions ?
The original remote of your TV, can change the sound level?