Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I'm having the exact same problem with the same model, pretty much all it plays is DVD's now however i managed to get 9 months out of mine. A quick google of the model number tends to suggest this is a common problem!

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I eventually got mine replaced but had to go to the very top before getting a satisfactory solution. The fact that returning it to the dealer is ignoring the fact that the goods were faulty (surely not the dealer's problem or mine),is a cop out in my opinion as the dealer may not have (as in my case) another model to exchange, especially if it was a sale purchase, neither does it excuse phillip's policy of not exchaging the model because it is 'not worth the money' to do so. As a customer of the company, there should be a standard whether I spend £60 or £600.
    I do have another model now and have the problem of HDCP not allowing HDMI leads to function even though my TV is only a couple of years old and supposedly HD compatable (don't know if this is a problem with the blueray or the LG tv so not going to cast aspertions this time), it is seemingly never ending the problems with todays technology.Gone are the days when things such as TVs, Washing machines etc had 10 year garuntees and would last seemingly way past that.

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I really cant be bothered with problems of getting the device fixed as i have lost the receipt and don't have proof of purchase, so i have jumped ship and have just ordered a Sony S380.
    It's Phillips loss however as my sister is getting a blue ray player as a christmas gift from myself and she is also getting a Sony unit!
    Disappointed with Phillips, i don't expect it to last 10 years but 9 months is not good enough.

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkangel View Post
    We have been experiencing some problems with our player not loading blu-ray discs. It plays DVDs OK. I have updated the software to the latest version and now even more discs are not loading, that have worked fine in the past. For example, out of the Dr Who specials box set, 2 discs work and 2 don't. This is really frustrating. i thought Blu-ray was supposed to be the way forward! Can anyone help with this?
    Most/all DVD players have a tiny adjusting screw on the circuit board very near the laser lens. It is used to properly "center" the lens so it tracks properly in relation to the DVD tracks.

Adjusting that very slightly will adjust the lens from side-to-side. It's a trial-and-error-process.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12