Hi Philips Support,

this forum has a wish list part.

in short:

I was and i´m a big Matchline CRT TV Fan. Not only duo to the picture quality. It was the SOUND that these TVs offers without the need for additional equipment...

In my living room I still use a 32PW9618. This offers Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound,too. but i don´t use this very often...

What i really miss is the sound of the subwoofer and the left & right speakers . The sub is really small (i estimate 16-18cm) but sounds outstanding... great work!

So what i am looking for my next TV (maybe 660x series) is a Philips 2.1 960x Series Sound System like it was built in the Philips 32PW9618...

I would prefer precision silver as colour. No glossy black please.
I need at least 2 digital Audio in ports better 2 coaxial and one optical + 1 analog in
Further a need an 5 band Equalizer like the 32PW9618 offers. the Philips AVR 9900 only offers 2 band.

what i don´t need is

- a "on screen menu"
- a built in DVD/bluray
- a separate power supply for the subwoofer. (if possible)

so the engineers can concentrate on the sound quality! (quick response membranes etc.)

Maybe Philips will create a 2 channel Matchline Sound System for all NON cinema fans, who just wants outstanding Stereo sound with the subwoofer that old Matchline Philips CRT TV´s from late 90´s and early ´00 years had.

target price range i would recommend 500-900 EUR.

Best regards
a former matchline fan