Bronze Member
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Exclamation REVIEW: Why didn't Philips moderators actively inform us about the NET TV problems??

Just one simply question: why didn't Philips moderators actively inform us about the NET TV problems?

We had to wait many weeks to get an official message from Philips customer manager Diane de Vaan:

Dear Customer,

You have a problem reported on the operation of NetTV of the Philips TV. Firstly, our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. We realize how annoying it is to not take advantage of the NetTV option.

The Philips development team is working with might and main to reach the correct solution to this problem. Currently, the test software, both internally and by a consumer panel tested. Before the software is officially released, however, more testing should take place. We expect the latest in week 36 to be ready for the new software to send and you easily back and carefree on the Philips NetTV enjoy.

I hope to have informed you sufficiently. If you still have questions, our customer happy to help you on the free number 0800-0230076.
    You can also visit www.philips.nl / support for other contact options.

Sincerely,

Diane de Vaan

Philips Consumer Care Manager Benelux

================================================== =====================

Hopefully, the Philips moderators understand that forum members expect support. We are an active test panel and work for free.
    Last edited by StefanTV; 08-20-2011 at 11:44 PM.

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,111
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

on the other side Philips can only say "we have a problem with Net TV on certain TV series and working hard on it" - but more they cannot say. Developing and debugging needs much time and one cannot fix a time line when the bug is found an fixed...

But an end is near... some people have version 140.40.x on their TVs after repair... and Net TV is working again.

Toengel@Alex

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I did post it myself that this issue was not the blame of my TV-set's hardware, but caused by firmware or faulty servers. We can rule out the servers for now, because on other equipment NetTV does work.

The only thing I can think of is that in a previous firmware release (example .036), there was a bug that caused the NetTV memory to get full, too full to perform actions like connecting to NetTV or clearing the NetTV memory or the ability to change things with firmware. That could explain why new motherboards with later firmware work just fine. Philips probably tries to find a work-around to clear this memory through some backdoor ways. I wouldn't be surprised that we have to perform two or more steps (two or more files) in that upcoming release to achieve the NetTV to work again.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Leonos View Post
    I did post it myself that this issue was not the blame of my TV-set's hardware, but caused by firmware or faulty servers. We can rule out the servers for now, because on other equipment NetTV does work.

The only thing I can think of is that in a previous firmware release (example .036), there was a bug that caused the NetTV memory to get full, too full to perform actions like connecting to NetTV or clearing the NetTV memory or the ability to change things with firmware. That could explain why new motherboards with later firmware work just fine. Philips probably tries to find a work-around to clear this memory through some backdoor ways. I wouldn't be surprised that we have to perform two or more steps (two or more files) in that upcoming release to achieve the NetTV to work again.

Thanks for your analysis. Sounds logical!