• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Diamond Member
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 499
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks

Your experiences with FW v0.9.25.0 for 40PFL9715 and 46PFL9715 (2010 models)

Hi,

Please share your experiences with this new SW version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.

Discuss here all your experiences when upgraded to the new version: new, old, positive, negative.... (for example, the "NetTV connection error" is solved !).

Toengel@Alex

Diamond Member
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

the official changelog is still missing.

Philips, can you please post the changelog?

Toengel@Alex

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

first i wanna thank u for the new firmware. The old issue with NetTV is fixed satisfying.

But now i get the feeling, in 3D Mode my TV (40PFL9715k) has i very bad crosstalk behaviour. With the old version, i just see a few times crosstalk, but now every picture is bad.

I have tried to change few settings like pixel contrast and so on, but nothing realy helped.

Regards,

Falke

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 75
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hello

i recently updated to the latest firmware. (40PFL9715k) Now my TV is total useless.
    The tv turns black and looses sound. After 3-5 seconds the picture and sound comes back.
    Both happens in tv mode with CA interface and with a HTPC (HDMI 2 input)

Today my tv stoped responding to my remote control. I had to switch off the tv.

I'm "watching" tv right now. The picture stops every 10 seconds the tv turns black and after 20 seconds the picture comes back for a few seconds or so.

I tried different channels but no luck.

I have no clue it's firmware related or not. With the initial firmware i never had those issues.

Can anybody get me a link to the older firmware ? I found the latest only.

Diamond Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

Q5551_11.9.25.0 (Publication date: 2012-01-24)

• audio drops and mutes with both DVB-S boxes from Polsat.
    • Iron/Tin kind of sound heard when switching between HDMI-DVI and HDMI.
    • not always possible to activate netTV.
    • Movie stops by itself when you watch a rented movie from an online
      video
      store.
    • No HD+ services anymore possible when provider driven SW update is
      done.
      (Germany,Austria and Switserland)
    • TV550 sound drop outs / sudden volume changes on Bose HCS systems
      via
      SPDIF.
    • Visible Artefacts in picture.
    • Constant breaking sound heard throughout the whole audio playback.
    • Set startup with sound and AL but no picture.

Toengel@Alex

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Crosstalk

Quote Originally Posted by Falke View Post
    Hi,

first i wanna thank u for the new firmware. The old issue with NetTV is fixed satisfying.

But now i get the feeling, in 3D Mode my TV (40PFL9715k) has i very bad crosstalk behaviour. With the old version, i just see a few times crosstalk, but now every picture is bad.

I have tried to change few settings like pixel contrast and so on, but nothing realy helped.

Regards,

Falke
    Same problem here, though I don't know how it was before the update since I just bought the sender/glasses after the update. The crosstalk is clearly visible, for example in the Astra 3d demo chanel when looking at the astra logo / intro and very annoying ! Any chance to find a solution ?

Thomas

Silver Member
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    40PFL9715K and Q5551_11.9.25.0

Switched today from DVB-C to DVB-S. The TV set is pretty useless in satellite mode. Issues:

- Sound drops and mutes. Sometimes sound is lost completely. Then it only comes back after channel switching back and forth.

- Ambilight gets dark for a second every few minutes and sound drops in parallel.

- Pixels in picture (have an extremely strong signal using a large dish and a 32PFL9606K TV set at the same cable is very fine). Pixels occur in parallel with drop of ambilight and sound.

- Channel list (find button) logo apears only shortly for milliseconds, then it takes 2 seconds until program overview appears.

- Channel list (find button) crashes if moving forward from program to program.

- Channel list (find button) crashes if sorting programs.

- Some of the issues seem to depend on HDMI interface (if HDMI device is on or off).

- Remote control is sometimes completely lost. TV needs to be switched off by main power switch.

- Zipping channels results sometimes in tone without picture.

Found no mode which looks like a working TV. How can a SAT-tuner cause this mess of problems which i never saw using DVB-C up to now? A functional software update is more than overdue.

Regards,

Willi
    Last edited by dk8pn; 10-07-2012 at 11:43 AM.

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Snecx View Post
    Hello

i recently updated to the latest firmware. (40PFL9715k) Now my TV is total useless.
    The tv turns black and looses sound. After 3-5 seconds the picture and sound comes back.
    Both happens in tv mode with CA interface and with a HTPC (HDMI 2 input)

Today my tv stoped responding to my remote control. I had to switch off the tv.

I'm "watching" tv right now. The picture stops every 10 seconds the tv turns black and after 20 seconds the picture comes back for a few seconds or so.

I tried different channels but no luck.

I have no clue it's firmware related or not. With the initial firmware i never had those issues.

Can anybody get me a link to the older firmware ? I found the latest only.
    Hello,
    did you achieve a solution for these issues. Have observed similar effects switching from DVB-C to DVB-S after roughly 1 year of DVB-C operation without any problems.

Regards,
    Willi

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dk8pn View Post
    40PFL9715K and Q5551_11.9.25.0

Switched today from DVB-C to DVB-S. The TV set is pretty useless in satellite mode. Issues:

- Sound drops and mutes. Sometimes sound is lost completely. Then it only comes back after channel switching back and forth.

- Ambilight gets dark for a second every few minutes and sound drops in parallel.

- Pixels in picture (have an extremely strong signal using a large dish and a 32PFL9606K TV set at the same cable is very fine). Pixels occur in parallel with drop of ambilight and sound.

- Channel list (find button) logo apears only shortly for milliseconds, then it takes 2 seconds until program overview appears.

- Some of the issues seem to depend on HDMI interface (if HDMI device is on or off).

- Remote control is sometimes completely lost. TV needs to be switched off by main power switch.

Found no mode which looks like a working TV. How can a SAT-tuner cause this mess of problems which i never saw using DVB-C up to now? A functional software update is more than overdue.

Regards,

Willi
    Hello,

figured out now that the root cause for the whole bunch of issues in SAT-TV mode is the network logon. Use DHCP and network connection is setup in the background automatically if being on source "TV". In case of source switch on HDMI 1 or SAT-TV the network connection is never finished.

The TV set seems to be in software loops which never end and does finally not connect to the network. At the end of such a loop all the issues described above occur.

Will check for a static IP instead of DHCP as one of the next steps. At the moment (going through "TV" source the TV set is useless for the first 5 minutes. Switching on to SAT-TV and looking something isn't possible since a ethernet cable is plugged.

A static IP doesn't help. Behaves as with DHCP.

Regards,

Willi
    Last edited by dk8pn; 11-10-2012 at 02:52 PM.

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hello,

figured out now that the root cause for the whole bunch of issues in SAT-TV mode is the network logon. Use DHCP and network connection is setup in the background automatically if being on source "TV". In case of source switch on HDMI 1 or SAT-TV the network connection is never finished.

The TV set seems to in software loops which never end and does finally not connect to the network. At the end of such a loop all the issues described above occur.

Will check for a static IP instead of DHCP as one of the next steps. At the moment (going through "TV" source the TV set is useless for the first 5 minutes. Switching on to SAT-TV and looking something isn't possible since a ethernet cable is plugged.

A static IP doesn't help. Behaves as with DHCP.

Regards,

Willi
    Latest test results:
    The TV set does never connect the network if source is SAT, HDMI 1 or HDMI 2. This results in a bunch of mal-functions as described above which make the TV set useless.

The only way to overcome this is to connect network after switching the TV on and in TV (DVB-C) mode. After network connection is achieved once, the TV set can be switched to other sources without any remaining issues.

This procedure takes 5-10 minutes and is not acceptable at all for the long run.

Philips: please provide a new firmware with an appropriate solution.

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Latest test results:
    The TV set does never connect the network if source is SAT, HDMI 1 or HDMI 2. This results in a bunch of mal-functions as described above which make the TV set useless.

The only way to overcome this is to connect network after switching the TV on and in TV (DVB-C) mode. After network connection is achieved once, the TV set can be switched to other sources without any remaining issues.

This procedure takes 5-10 minutes and is not acceptable at all for the long run.

Philips: please provide a new firmware with an appropriate solution.
    After Philips promissed in early December to solve the issues by a local software update nothing happened up to now and the loop starts from zero again now.

Watching TV on SAT input means to start the TV-set on DVB-C input first, to spend a couple of minutes for Net-TV logon, to switch after that to the required input (SAT-TV or HDMI), means start of watching something after 5 or more minutes. Before switching off the TV you need to remember to switch back to DVB-C because otherwise you will run into the mess of various problems described within my threads above in case of next start of TV-set:

For all of these issues the Net-logon procedure is responsible which only works with DVB-C input.

If you forget to switch back to DVB-C before shutdown, you are in the loop of mal-functions again after next restart and wish to have bought a competitor TV-set.

This is not acceptable at all.

Willi
    Last edited by dk8pn; 01-03-2013 at 07:19 AM.

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Switching TV on in SAT-tuner mode

Found the following procedure to work arround Philips software bugs:

1. Switch on the TV set in SAT mode (same with HDMI).
    2. Press Net-TV immediately after a picture occurs.
    3. Net logon is performed @ 100% but it might take 1-2 minutes.
    4. After that the TV works fine.

Automatically Net-TV is never connected, with except to DVB-C mode and the TV shows bunches of mal-functions due to that fact (see various posts above).

A 3-4 minutes start-up time still is not what would be expected from a 2010 TV set but this seems to represent the maximum of Philips SW performance.
    Last edited by dk8pn; 04-28-2013 at 12:08 PM.