Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Bronze Member
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Another guy with the same problem as me so philips hurry up and fix this!

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    The problem with slow acting Net-TV is solved with the latest firmware (September 8, 2011: 000.140.040.000).

However, a new problem occurs: when approaching the Internet by using Net -TV, the TV spontaneously resets itself; in other words, the tv goes black immediately, and after about 10 seconds the TV restarts , but returns to normal broadcasting. This has occurred several times and I have read a reaction like this on the forum, but forgot who posted that reaction.

It is not unique that, by installing new FW I experience new problems because of the new firmware.
    I will send a message to Philips Helpdesk about this issue.

Regards,

Ed

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Niels View Post
    Leonos, I have been running 140.040 now for only 2 days on a 32PFL7605 and am satisfied with the NET-TV / IP-EPG speed, but have not seen the problem you describe here.
    Kind regards, Niels
    Hi,

Pressing the the Return-button (the curved arrow) on your remote solved this for me several times. I got the on-screen text back.

regards,

Ed

Silver Member
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Michiel1986 View Post
    I cannot find the older firmwares can u please give me a link, thank u.
    http://philips.samipupu.com/

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 155
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

new firmware version

Hi:

Philips team, when will be available the next firmware version ?

Regards

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EddyLake View Post
    The problem with slow acting Net-TV is solved with the latest firmware (September 8, 2011: 000.140.040.000).

However, a new problem occurs: when approaching the Internet by using Net -TV, the TV spontaneously resets itself; in other words, the tv goes black immediately, and after about 10 seconds the TV restarts , but returns to normal broadcasting. This has occurred several times and I have read a reaction like this on the forum, but forgot who posted that reaction.

It is not unique that, by installing new FW I experience new problems because of the new firmware.
    I will send a message to Philips Helpdesk about this issue.

Regards,

Ed
    Philips helpdesk advice (but I would not call this a good advice because the fact that I installed the latest firmware caused the problem. Restarting the TV is off-course what I have done in the first place.

"Turn the TV off, unplug from the current for a few minutes and start the TV again with no hardware attached and if that does not worked check your firmware if it has been installed in the proper way"

Platinum Member
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 359
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jaby View Post
    Hi:

Philips team, when will be available the next firmware version ?

Regards
    What are you expecting to be fixed by this?
    (I was hoping for EPG for Greece and fix for sound-drops, but none of these will be possibly there...)

Silver Member
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by petasis View Post
    What are you expecting to be fixed by this?
    (I was hoping for EPG for Greece and fix for sound-drops, but none of these will be possibly there...)
    I'm hoping for a completely redesigned Smart TV Home screen in which - underneath the skin - many other functionality is refactored.
    And I'm not hinting on keyboard support (althoug that would be cool), but just the already available functionality, only then 'version 2'...

But then again: still have to wait until my TV get's back from the repair.
    And belief me: I AM really missing it while watching currently on a 22inc Samsung DVB-T TV with horrible sound...
    (but all this time NO sound/pucture loss via HDMI)

Chris

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I own a 40PFL9705H/12 running the latest firmware and I am starting to get really annoyed with the audio drop out problem. I had 10 audio drops (1-2 seconds) when watching one film! This is just ridiculous. I am also having trouble with the backlight dimming problem. As many have suggested, regarding subtitles affecting the intensity of the backlight of the entire or part of the picture. When I am watching the Blu-ray of Inglourious Bastards, the subs are meant to be an orange colour, but they are yellow/green, depending on the colour/brightness of the actual scene, the colour of the subs change, this is very distracting, and is preventing me from enjoying the film. Another problem related to this is, is the end credits of any film. As they scroll up the screen, they flicker and change brightness, again very distracting. All this happens when the dynamic backlight setting is set to everything except off. BUT.. When set to off you loose the picture quality, along with the black levels which isn't what I want to sacrifice. Please Philips fix this problem or at least give us a solution.

I really like this TV, a lot, but these problems should not be occurring on a "flagship" model. This leads me onto another problem. Which is a high pitched noise. I have read this can be fixed via on-site support, but whats interesting is that it seems to be happening when the ambilight feature is turn on. Turn it off, the noise disappears. But if I mute the sound, it doubles the intensity of the high pitched buzz!
    Last edited by Tech-UK; 10-04-2011 at 11:54 AM.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 187
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jaccky View Post
    I've found problems in the image expetially when it's dark.
    The problem is that the image is blurry.
    I also see very eivdent vertical bands.
    In particoular scenes for example when an actor is speaking in a dark room, the hair and all the dark part of the image remains stady, while is face, but only the illuminated part, moves. It's awful.
    Same problem for me, everytime especially in dark pictures but not only, when moving objet the colours of them seem to be "black an white".

other problem : no more picture of the HDMI input in the right top (pip) screen when net-tv is working.

other problem : TOO MUCH gamma correction with the perfect contrast fonction (position mini, medium, or max). The faces of caracters are surexposed.

other problem : too much definition correction when activate "super resolution" fonction on HDMI (sat/hd receiver) in comparaison with DVB T/C (TV tuner)
    Last edited by christophexxx; 10-05-2011 at 06:23 PM.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech-UK View Post
    I own a 40PFL9705H/12 running the latest firmware and I am starting to get really annoyed with the audio drop out problem. I had 10 audio drops (1-2 seconds) when watching one film! This is just ridiculous. I am also having trouble with the backlight dimming problem. As many have suggested, regarding subtitles affecting the intensity of the backlight of the entire or part of the picture. When I am watching the Blu-ray of Inglourious Bastards, the subs are meant to be an orange colour, but they are yellow/green, depending on the colour/brightness of the actual scene, the colour of the subs change, this is very distracting, and is preventing me from enjoying the film. Another problem related to this is, is the end credits of any film. As they scroll up the screen, they flicker and change brightness, again very distracting. All this happens when the dynamic backlight setting is set to everything except off. BUT.. When set to off you loose the picture quality, along with the black levels which isn't what I want to sacrifice. Please Philips fix this problem or at least give us a solution.

I really like this TV, a lot, but these problems should not be occurring on a "flagship" model. This leads me onto another problem. Which is a high pitched noise. I have read this can be fixed via on-site support, but whats interesting is that it seems to be happening when the ambilight feature is turn on. Turn it off, the noise disappears. But if I mute the sound, it doubles the intensity of the high pitched buzz!
    I get similar problems, the ambilight when on and a high pitch noise, credits flickering but only the once, after a full set has gone to the top of the screen the flickering stops for the rest of the credits. No audio dropout but I am still using scart from a dvd player.Haven't had a problem with subtitles though.
    Wouldn't change tv though, picture and in particular the sound is outstanding.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 274
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jaccky View Post
    I've found problems in the image expetially when it's dark.
    The problem is that the image is blurry.
    I also see very eivdent vertical bands.
    In particoular scenes for example when an actor is speaking in a dark room, the hair and all the dark part of the image remains stady, while is face, but only the illuminated part, moves. It's awful.
    "In particoular scenes for example when an actor is speaking in a dark room, the hair and all the dark part of the image remains stady, while is face, but only the illuminated part, moves"
    Hi, looks like that this is coming from HD Natural Motion, which seems to have problems with dark scenes (and also upscaled SD material). At least with my TV those effects are eliminated by turning the Natural Motion off. Of course then the movements are not so smooth...

"I also see very eivdent vertical bands." - switch off mpg artefact reduction feature, this should help

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    prejudice to apologize for any errors, but I'm using a translator. wonder when there will be a new update since many of the defects of this TV have not been resolved malfunction 3d (3d controls with no depth etc.. isf lack of controls, recording via USB port) when all this? There will never be on this TV?

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,102
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by black_angel View Post
    3d controls with no depth etc.. isf lack of controls, recording via USB port
    Hi,

these are 2011 only features...

Toengel@Alex

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    you've read the features on 2011 models .. but you will have an update on my model 52 pfl 8605? I ask this because other manufacturers (Samsung and Sony) have implemented a number of features to enhance the 3D models on these functions and c8000 sony hx

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Tags for this Topic