• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

why do philips assume were all software programers??

I dont know about the rest of you but I though I bought a TV, for Mr Philips thats the 56PFL9954H/12 not that it says it anywhere on the TV and dont ask me were the serial number is!! Oh lets see flat screen TV mounted on teh wall? Would it be on teh back?? On a post from Phililps they suggest you can ger this by simply, yes simply typing 123456 on the remote when on the TV screen, well Mr Phiilps come do it on my set three digits in and guess what its back to the start thats how simple it is.

My TV says its up to date but clerly is'nt as teh release date is 30/05/2010 and cant update via USB nor as I say will it do it on line. Now Im not stupid but not into computers either.
    But hay guess what I thought I bought a wide screen TV to watch movies with great picture and sound

Now wont fault the picture but sound too would be good? at least get the basics right!!!

Any one out there got any ideas, sure some clueless guy from Philips will be right back asing have I checked the HDMI cable or is teh sky box set to the right settings or somthing lame along those lines.

Damien
    Last edited by Damien; 08-14-2011 at 04:10 PM.

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,102
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

you can find your serial number by pressing 123654 in TV mode..

Latest firmware is 26.78...

Your TV is a 2009 model...

Toengel@Alex

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

Not sure why i should care what the software is or when it was manufactured? I bought it new in Feb 2011 so still under warrenty which i suspect will be geytting used a lot. I just exspect a TV to work as a TV ie sound and picture if it cant do that then thats Philips problem. Another point when you download the software to a PC you have to sign a user agreement. Funny i dont remember signing up to that when I bought the TV!!

You must be a software guy because as joe public Im no wiser A. as to how to get the software, B get in on the TV since it wont upload via the web nor recognise the file type on the USB. Even at all that I still dont know if it will fix the problem.

Damien

Tags for this Topic