NP3900 - a few questions
Dear NP3900 users
I am interested in buying a NP3900 but have a few questions:
1) Is it possible to stream MP3 from my NAS (Netgear ReadyNAS) without installing Twonky Software?
2) Is it possible to save playlists (maybe on the NP3900)?
3) Is it possible to enter an url for my favourite internet radio station?
4) What's the range of the WiFi connection? I have my router placed in another room and there are 2 walls between.
(currently have a Chumby for Internet Radio and sometimes the signal is too low)
thanks for answering my questions,
1) MP3 streaming from NAS is possible without using twonky server . We bypack Twonky server for streaming from PC/MAC.
2) No, Playlists are not stored in the device.
3) For this you can use streamium management which is part of Club Philips. It cannot be done via the device.
4) Just the number of walls is not the problem. It is also the amount of metal used in the walls. With a proper placement of router & NP 3900, you could solve any signal issue. The signal strength is indicated on the NP 3900. As an alternative you could consider a wired connection to your router.
Hope this answers your questions.
many thanks for answering.
really think that I will buy an NP3900 soon.
Tags for this Topic