View Poll Results: What is your preferred german video store?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • KabelBW Videothek

2 14.29%
  • Vodafone Videothek

0 0%
  • Maxdome

11 78.57%
  • Videoload

4 28.57%
  • All, the more the better

2 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Platinum Member
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 401
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Other Video Stores for Philips NetTV in Germany

Since Videoload seems to have difficulties to provide an application for Philips NetTV, I was asking me, if there are no other video stores which might be able to provide a Philips NetTV video store.

Maxdome provides an application for LG and Samsung TVs. Why not for Philips? Maybe their application is easy to port to NetTV.
    Vodafone also provides a video store. But you need special hardware. Maybe they are interested in providing a NetTV app?
    KabelBW also provides a video store. It is nearly the same as for Vodafone. Special hardware is need for using it on TV.

What do you think? What is your favorite video store?
    Maybe it helps if the users here in the forum contact the video store providers suggesting to provide a NetTV app.

@Philips: Is there some work done to get other video store providers on NetTV platform?

Edit: Also Amazon is working on a video on demand solution. Currently Amazon Instant Video is available for Samsung and Panasonic TVs. I think there is no german version until now. But I'm sure they will provide one in future.

Edit: For LoveFilm, this is available on Sony and Samsung TVs. Looks like Samsung is the best for video on demand.
    Last edited by smart; 03-07-2011 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Added Amazon Instant Video

Platinum Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Samsung TVs can access maxdome

Samsung TVs are now able to use maxdome as a videostore!
    http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldu...g-1226557.html

As announced on IFA 2010, they have a working solution now.

What a pity for german Philips clients, there is just Viewster.

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,102
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

I think we have to blame Videoload... they said something that they are not finished yet... blah blah...

Toengel@Alex

Platinum Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Sure, I did not want to blame Philips regarding that. Just wanted to point out the facts.

There is also maxdome, lovefilm, vodafone, kabelbw and other video stores which does not make use of the available NetTV possibilities and adapt its software for NetTV.

To be more general:
    Today it is easier to get a video film on illegal ways, store it in the network and view it on the TV than rent it on legal ways to watch it on the TV. Except you want to buy seperate receiver boxes (one for each video store) or bring your PC next to the TV to connect it via HDMI.

This might change in future and LG, Samsung and Philips are starting to provide the technical ways on their TVs. But currently it seems that video stores are a little slow.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    How should it work, if I neither a customer of Vodafone nor KabelBW? Philips could integrate the Apps, but I wouldn't get access...

And: Please add a choice "not interested in commercial video on demand at all" or "other"

Platinum Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Not sure why your are meaning, this won't work and you are not a customer of the two telco companies.

Videoload was also triggered from T-Online and allows access from everybody.
    Do you mean, if you are not a client of vodafone or KabelBW offers for Internet, Phone or Mobile Phone, you won't be allowed to use the video store? Not sure if this is the case, but I think this does not have to be the case.

Since the poll already started I do not want to add another option. Also, I think this poll should be only for users interested in video store to get a feeling for the most popular ones. It is not intended to ask all useres in general if they are interested in commercial video stores. But feel free to open such a poll, asking all users if they are interested in commercial video stores.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Seems in your opening posting you mind the same way I did before Toengel in German Hi-Fi Forum pointed me to the difference between Videload (T-*) and Videoland (Philips).
    And may be the smilar name is a reason why Videoland isn't started in Germany yet...

And indeed, I think portals of KabelBW, Vodafone, Videoload others are directed to own customers even if some of them are open to others. At least it is more difficult or more expensive to get access from other providers. For example I could every month free film from Maxdome if I'm a customer of a United Internet company but I can't use it, 'cause they need special software only running on windows or on special hardware.

So, for all of that I think it's an issue of content monopoly but not of the interests of customers...
    Last edited by ahasver; 04-14-2011 at 11:46 PM.

Platinum Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Maxdome for NetTV?

Hello,

as announced here:
    http://www.newscenter.philips.com/de...Funktionen.wpd

It seems, that maxdome is planning to support NetTV!

I really support that!