Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Bronze Member
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 164
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Timebag View Post
    Typical. Their (well meant) action can also be read as a failure to recognise an error in the design of the software.
    Yes, that is exactly it.. The only thing that I got out of it was an upgrade of my model. Went from a 86x5 to a 9705 model, so that wasn't a bad deal for me But when this model had got exactly the same problem, then I knew that Philips Support didn't know what they must do to fix it
    I was hoping that other people (e.g. software developers) from Philips are reading these forums and know what is going on, so that there is a good chance that it will be fixed in the future. I try to explain several times to Philips support that it is a software related issue, but they didn't want to recognize that, they only want to replace hardware.. I think they always thought that this would solve any issue's .
    Also as this topic describes, I am not alone on this issue.. there are allot more people who experience problems with Popcorn Hour mediaplayers so hopefully this will help to get this bug fixed

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CronoS View Post
    Yes, that is exactly it.. The only thing that I got out of it was an upgrade of my model. Went from a 86x5 to a 9705 model, so that wasn't a bad deal for me But when this model had got exactly the same problem, then I knew that Philips Support didn't know what they must do to fix it
    I was hoping that other people (e.g. software developers) from Philips are reading these forums and know what is going on, so that there is a good chance that it will be fixed in the future. I try to explain several times to Philips support that it is a software related issue, but they didn't want to recognize that, they only want to replace hardware.. I think they always thought that this would solve any issue's .
    Also as this topic describes, I am not alone on this issue.. there are allot more people who experience problems with Popcorn Hour mediaplayers so hopefully this will help to get this bug fixed
    United we stand. Where are the others. Let them join.

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi guys,

I had the same problem with my HTPC HDMI connection (it is connected via HDMI cable to my 42PFL7606 tv), but I recongnized if I connect my USB tuner to HTPC then the problem is disappear.

The antenna cable is grounded by my cable tv service provider and it is connected to the TV. If my HTPC is also grounded via USB tuner (by the antenna cable) then no auido problem.

So I think the source of the problem can be the potential difference between the TV and the connected HDMI device.

I wrote this here, because this information probably can help to Philips and others.

Regards,
    GergoX
    Last edited by GergoX; 11-27-2011 at 11:31 PM. Reason: spelling

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    A new firmware is released V44.. Only I don't see any release notes yet of what should be fixed in this release.. Does somebody know them?

Also I am not sure if the Audio problems related to the Popcorn Hour are fixed, but somebody in the general topic still had some issue's with the Popcorn Hour.. I will also try it

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Tried it, audio issue's remains with the new V44 firmware release in combination with the Popcorn Hour....

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hello all... without any fix after almost ONE YEAR, I fear we are doomed!!!!
    GOING RIGHT NOW TO WRITE A NEGATIVE REVIEW ON AMAZON

Just bought a brand new 37PFL6606H/12.
    To begin with, troubles connecting my computer via VGA. Just NO video under WinXP.
    I bought a DVI to HDMI adapter, and got video... but no sound, in spite of the external audio cable connected to the Audio In DVI/VGA plug.

After numerous tests, it appears the Audio in DVI/VGA works ONLY when the source is VGA. When selecting any other source (for example the HDMI where the video comes in), the audio shuts down immediately.

Great buy... :-(

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Thumbs up Got it working, but that was not easy

Well, after lots of investigations I found a notice on the ATI (AMD) site stating that it may need to install the "UAA HDMI Audio Class Driver" piece of software to have the audio go out via the HDMI connector.

Trouble is that piece of software NEVER was publicly available from Microsoft, and one had to require it to get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Of course, nowadays, the link to ask for it is no longer working, so....

After some more investigation, it happens ATI/AMD provides it, but you have to search around good to get it.
    Go to http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx
    then select the type, family and product, plus the OS.
    Click on "Display Results" then on the "Optional Downloads" tab, and eventually you can see

-----------
    AMD HDMI Audio Driver for AMD Radeon™ products 24.7 MB 11.12 12/13/2011
    Description:
    Includes AMD HDMI Audio Driver and Microsoft UAA HDMI Audio Class Driver for English
    -----------

And it worked for my setting, which is, for the least, unconventional:
    -Apple MacPro 2007 (hardware not supposed to handle audio via HDMI)
    -Radeon HD 5770, but not official Apple, this is a PC card which has been flashed with an Apple-compatible BIOS
    -Boot under OSX 10.6.6 on one HD: video to HDMI with a DVI-to-HDMI converter, audio via external cable
    -Boot under WindowsXP Pro SP3 on another HD: video and sound from HDMI to HMDI

So to everybody out there, along with the guys at Philips, if you have audio troubles, try to grab and install that
    UAA HDMI Audio Class Driver

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    After more then one year of troubles it seems like it is finally working for me In the meantime I got a new TV, also the motherboard was replaced.. After some quick tests is seems like the V46 firmware finally did the trick with my audio issues and the Popcorn Hour

Silver Member
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmedina View Post
    Well, after lots of investigations I found a notice on the ATI (AMD) site stating that it may need to install the "UAA HDMI Audio Class Driver" piece of software to have the audio go out via the HDMI connector.

Trouble is that piece of software NEVER was publicly available from Microsoft, and one had to require it to get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Of course, nowadays, the link to ask for it is no longer working, so....

After some more investigation, it happens ATI/AMD provides it, but you have to search around good to get it.
    Go to http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx
    then select the type, family and product, plus the OS.
    Click on "Display Results" then on the "Optional Downloads" tab, and eventually you can see

-----------
    AMD HDMI Audio Driver for AMD Radeon™ products 24.7 MB 11.12 12/13/2011
    Description:
    Includes AMD HDMI Audio Driver and Microsoft UAA HDMI Audio Class Driver for English
    -----------

And it worked for my setting, which is, for the least, unconventional:
    -Apple MacPro 2007 (hardware not supposed to handle audio via HDMI)
    -Radeon HD 5770, but not official Apple, this is a PC card which has been flashed with an Apple-compatible BIOS
    -Boot under OSX 10.6.6 on one HD: video to HDMI with a DVI-to-HDMI converter, audio via external cable
    -Boot under WindowsXP Pro SP3 on another HD: video and sound from HDMI to HMDI

So to everybody out there, along with the guys at Philips, if you have audio troubles, try to grab and install that
    UAA HDMI Audio Class Driver

Can somebody confirm that this Audio Class Driver did the trick for them? @CronoS?
    Or was it the new TV SW that solved it?

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Can somebody confirm that this Audio Class Driver did the trick for them? @CronoS?
    Or was it the new TV SW that solved it?
    Sorry, but I fear this has no relation with the Popcorn Hour as used by CronoS
    It worked for me as clearly it was a problem in the Windows installation, as before using this driver I could NOT select the audio output to the HDMI...

Good luck!

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    No, my issue was solved with the latest software release of the Philips TV. Well, I do need to do additional testing, but at the moment it is looking OK

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CronoS View Post
    No, my issue was solved with the latest software release of the Philips TV. Well, I do need to do additional testing, but at the moment it is looking OK
    After an email from Philips repairteam I installed version 140.46. Initial testing with switching between HDMI-inputs it appears that the dreaded audio-problem disappeared. Will continue testing. Hope this thread will remain open for a while till we are 100% convinced that the problem is gone. In the meantime. Happy 2012.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123