I've bought the TV 47PFL7606M/08 recently and the main issue are all sw problem.
I've also created a Thread on an external forum to discuss about the sw problem of this TV and I have to report that all the other people agree with the fact that they will not buy this tv if the known problems will not be fixed with a firmware update.
The following sw issue or limitation are not acceptable on such a TV:
- Not possible to play 3D files over USB
- Not possible to play 3D files from youtube/net tv
- Not possible to manage the second audio track on an mkv file
- Not possible to read subtitles (mkv or external like .srt or .sub). This is simply ridiculous, all other brand support subtitles.
- Most mkv's are not supported.
- Poor support for multimedia files, please improve it.
Nice to have:
- Not possible to play a movie from the point where it has been stopped (e.g. you are watching a movie, then you stop the movie or you can even switch off the tv but then when you play it again the sw will allow you to start from the point where you had stopped).
- Info about the channel you are watching without completly obscure the TV channel. With the current sw if you want to see the info about the channel you are watching (e.g. title, year, actors, etc...) you press the button and the movie is obscured, you continue to hear only the audio. Many other TV supplier create a small window at the top of the TV and if you need more info you can enlarge it pressing a button.
USB keyboard and USB mouse are not recogniced by the TV (42PFL7656K) with firmware 10.105. What type of keyboards and mouses are planned to support? I'd like to buy a wireless keyboard with integrated mouse like "Tastatur KeySonic KSK-3200 RF". Will it be work with this keyboard and mouse? Is ist possible to extend the number of USB connectors of the TV by a USB-hub? In my case I have attached the wireless USB PTA01, a USB memory stick and need to connect a wireless keyboard. But the unit has only two USB ports.
you should be able to use a usb hub (external power might be necessary).
The USB keyboard / mouse need to be USB HID compliant...
I have a TV 47PFL7606M/08 and despite all the other contries if I look in the Philips site under the Italian localization the firmware available is still the previous FW v0.10.104.0 .
Can you please clarify when the FW v0.10.105.0 7xx6M series (2011 models) will be released for the Italian market?
Originally Posted by vincer
and why can i not record a Tv-Show without an internet connection ? Please fix this...
and the recording function is very buggy..
Originally Posted by Tnolv
Do you guys get sound drops over HDMI and S/PDIF? I had the exact same problem with my older 5605 and an Onkyo 708 but it works fine now with the 6606.
Originally Posted by SevenW
Is this problem related to CEC? The old TV didn't work but the new one does.
Originally Posted by meme80
FW v0.10.105.0 is STILL not available in ITALY for 47PFL7606M/08
All the other countries have received the new firmware except italy.
In addition, there is not DTS support for mkv files and this is definetly not acceptable on such an expensive TV.
I have a 42PFL7666K/02 an my Audio Problems over optical Output are still there.
The menu is a little bit faster.
And one thing:
I cannot understand why the menu is reacting so slowly?!?!?
Who is programming this source code?
Or why don´t you use a faster CPU?
This speed looks like from the 1990 years of my C64!
Mayby use a simpler graphic but make it faster.
At the moment philips is disgracing themself!
Last edited by Haubada; 10-07-2011 at 12:36 PM.
First two weeks after buying this 32PFL7606H were great. After that sound drops, pictures freezes for 1 of 2 seconds, screen goes black and comes back again fully working.
Anyone else experiencing the same issues ? Latest software-versions installed, directly after installing the set.
the latest firmware for your TV is 14.76.0 - try that one.
I'm having a nightmare with this tv, audio dropouts, switching itself off, is this a joke philips ? it needs to be sorted quickly. Toengel it might help if you list who your talking to, as above you mention the latest firmware, for what model ?
I just bought the 42PFL7606H tv.
I have a question because there is some clouding present in the upper left corner of the screen.
Is this normal and acceptable and is there any solution to get rid or minimise the backlight bleeding?
How is Philips reacting to these complaints?
I would appreciate any info to solve this issue, many thanks.
yesterday I installed Version: 000.014.076.000 on my 42PFL7666K/02.
The Audio dropouts are still there.
RTL HD and RTL2 HD are the worst.
PRO7 HD worked yesterday fine, but if I try to change something in the
menu I get dropouts. For example, I tried to change the Smart TV settings.
After change from Standard to Film, i get a droptout. And so on.
If I change from Film to Spiel, I get another dropout.
What causes this problem????
Guys is 014.076 firmware is also for 7606 series?? Because my tv support page says its 010.105 ... If yes where I can download it plz?
it depends - if you have a H or K model version 14.76 is the latest. If you have a T model, version 10.105 is the latest.