Still not possible to read subtitles (mkv or external like .srt or .sub). This is simply ridiculous, all other brand support subtitles.
subtitles are supported with the latest 14.x firmware - however, this firmware isn't released yet for T models...
not being able to play 3D over USB is really disappointing.
I have wireless keyboard (Logitech dinovo edge) and it doesn't seem to be possible to connect to the tv. Do you have to use a wired keyboard?
Those two missing features are the biggest problems for me with this firmware.
The sound disappeared sometime going from NetTV to watching tv and I also managed to make the firmware crash, dont remember how.
Any date set for when 14.x firmware is coming to T models?
I have a 47PFL7606T/12.
firmware 10.105 (which is the latest for T models) does not support 3D over USB/Net TV and also noch USB HID (keyboard) support. You need to wait for the 14.x release...
When will 000.014.076.000 firmware be available for 7606T models?
I have the 55PFL7606T
I have the following problems:
1. ARC don't work over HDMI1.
2. Lounge mode don't work, it turns off after 10 seconds.
You could enable playback of MKV and enable 2D to 3D.
Could anyone from philips please confirm that they are working on a software update, regarding 3D playback from usb/lan, subtitle support, and what else that have been reported "missing" from the current version ?
Yes same here I just got a 47pfl7666t/12 it`s got all the problems as above ,Please Pilips let us know what is happening about these problems.
Originally Posted by snorbury
What problems do you have? The same as me? HDMI1 ARC and loungelight?
Originally Posted by bojo
On monday a technician from Philips is coming to me and will bring the TV for repair.
having the following problems:
- scart connection signal dies for a few seconds (black screen) then returns
- random shutdown after a few minutes of turning it on
- subtitles out of sync (synchronized on PC) through USB
- problems with scaling sub 720p files (from 1280x544p to 1280x660p) picture gets stretched correctly horizontally but gets stretched vertically to fill the rest of the screen on any zoom mode
- 1080p mkv files have frame freezes/skip
Things I would like to see implemented
- subtitles displayed properly without that black bar none sense, select size of text
- support subtitle streams inside mkv, TS and mp4 files such as srt, ass, sub etc
- support dts, flac, vorbis and ogg
- increase cabac/ref frame number on h264 files from 8 to 13
- faster menu speed
The TVs IQ is very good for the price but the software of this TV is abismal, Philips is renowned for being a excellent TV brand but this is extremely poor/unacceptable...
Last edited by Kurono; 11-11-2011 at 10:38 PM.
32PFL7606/T12 UK BBCi Player. No programme downloads from BBC
New software downloaded in November and was able to get the UK BBCi application to work.
I seem to have full functionality but when I choose to download a TV programme i get a message about no server available.
Re registered on Philips, switched off/on but still the same. Tried some other Apps and they seem OK.
Looks like a BBC issue but I may be wrong.
So far I am really pleased with the TV. Can stop/start progs usin USB stick but Freeview program guide does not seem to offer recording.
Yesterday I downloaded new FW 37pfl7606t_12_fus with date 14.11.2011.
But today I can't see its in Philips's site.
What it was? Nightmares?
if you download the file it contains always the latest version and sometimes the websites are broken...
Latest firmware for 6xx6 and 7xx6 models: 0.14.088.0 (Date published: 2011-11-14)
Copy+pasted from release notes:
• Support of USB keyboard and USB mouse.
• Support of USB subtitles (exclusively for file extension srt, sub and sami).
• YouTube application is upgraded to the new YouTube Leanback application.
• You are now able to select the locked channels using P+/- keys.
• TV is unable to wake-up from Standby.
• Unable to select picture format when you [Browse USB] or [Browse PC].
• “No Programme Available” message appears onscreen when you switch channel.
• Ambilight lounge light turns off by itself.
• No sound during initial replay of paused programme (Pause TV)
Updating my 6606 tonight!
Q5551_188.8.131.52 (Publication date : 2011-11-04 )
- Activation of the BBC iPlayer for the UK.