• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Exclamation Please Add Missing Functionality

Hello I just purchased a 32PFL4505D/F7 (32" 1080p LED) TV with newest firmware (108).

So far I have found no problems with the image quality, and I was quite happy with the TV.

Unfortunately I have one issue with the TV that is a deal breaker for me, and is going to force me to return this nice TV.

The problem I have is that I cannot quickly switch between Antenna to Cable, (or Cable to Antenna) without being forced to do a lengthy 20+ minute scan each time.

In our household we have an outdoor antenna tower that picks up several very high quality High Definition (1080i) over the air signals, and we also have low quality standard definition Cable that provides more channels. We often quickly switch between the two systems with our other TV's by selecting either Antenna/Cable in the TV's menu.

All my other LCD TV's ( Sony, Toshiba, Samsung, Even no name brand Seiki) don't have this issue.

On my other TV's i just go into the menu and select either cable or antenna, and the TV quickly switches from one to the other as it remembers the previous scan, thus not forcing me to perform a lengthy scan each time.

For some reason this Philips TV will not allow me to quickly switch between Cable/Antenna without performing a 20+minute scan each time. This appears to be an oversight on the menu design as all the other TV's i have ever used (even old CRT TV's) do not have this issue. It would be nice if Philips could call back their engineers and ask them to correct this oversight (through a firmware update) and include a way to allow people to quickly change from Antenna to Cable without requiring a full scan each time. The TV should only have to scan each list once and then remember it and allow one to quickly change between the two ( just like every other TV ).

I have 30days to return this TV, so i plan on holding onto it for awhile in the hopes that you correct this oversight. If i don't receive such an update, i will unfortunately have to return this nice 32PFL4505D/F7 TV and buy a competitor model.

Thanks
    Last edited by Fernando; 09-12-2011 at 04:06 PM.

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 426
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

Unfortunately at this time, this model is only capable of saving a single channel map, either Cable or Antenna. We appreciate your feedback and will provide this information to our engineering team to evaluate the feasibility of an upgrade to allow for a secondary channel map.

Regards
    Thomas

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Thomas View Post
    Hi,

Unfortunately at this time, this model is only capable of saving a single channel map, either Cable or Antenna. We appreciate your feedback and will provide this information to our engineering team to evaluate the feasibility of an upgrade to allow for a secondary channel map.

Regards
    Thomas
    Any word on if this feature (secondary channel map) has been added yet? I was just looking at buying one of these, but would need it to be able to do this to be worth my while. Just came across this forum while searching for info on this tv, and glad I did, because if it cannot have a secondary channel map then this TV would be useless to me.
    Thanks

Tags for this Topic