• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Question BDP3100 poor Media player support via USB

Does anyone know if it is possible to upgrade the browser of the BDP3100 to play more file format e.g. VOB.IFO files.

Iím disappointed to find out that it is not possible to play the VOB.IFO files from a harddisk via the USB connection resulting in no menu and audio support.
    The same files (which are in the Video_TS folder) run directly from DVD in the blue ray player supporting the audio and menu options.
    It seems that the correct software is in the blue ray player but that this software is not accessible through the browser which you us to access the USB connection.
    I expected that when you equip a blue ray player with a fast USB connection that you also give it functionalities to work as a multimedia player.
    To me it seems that the hardware and basic software would allow this but is again simply a matter of some software missing to do this job.

Philips, why not directly ensure that it works well (and charge a few euro more for this blue ray player) to be able to use all potential of the hardware as multimedia player!
    Now I need a separate multimedia player as well. The extra money is not what really irritates me but that I now need more equipment with more remote controls.

I have been looking at the specís of the Philips MHP3000 multimedia player. To me it is unclear if this player supports IFO files. It seems not to be the case!
    Does anybody know how VOB.IFO files are supported on the MHP3000?

Platinum Member
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsOverdriveNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

In this link you can find the supported formats http://download.p4c.philips.com/file...12_pss_eng.pdf and there is no mentioning about the IFO files but yes VOB ones. By the way never heard about these IFO files.....

For supported formats on the BDP range check this link http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...lu-ray-players

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 814
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience Points25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

as far as I know the IFO files are some kind of "table of content" for a DVD: with chapters, menues etc. If one opens only the VOB one has only the main video stream...

Toengel@Alex

Tags for this Topic