Topiced View

Silver Member
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran

Level
    Thanks

PTA01 USB dongle with/without extension?

Hello all,

I am using a 32PFL7605 with PTA01 USB dongle now for 11 months. Yesterday a mechanic replaced the main board, since I was not able to use NetTV or IP-EPG anymore.
    The mechanic advised me NOT to use the 0,5 meter USB extension cable on my PTA01 dongle. It might give problems.
    However, without this extension cable the network speed for NetTV seems limited to 11 Mbps.
    With the extension cable and the dongle positioned on the standard of the TV it reached 65 Mbps.

In a previous (closed) topic Toengel stated that it was due to my network range, while others also confirm the problem I describe. My laptop reaches 300 Mbps on the position of the TV, so I don't believe it is the network range.

Since 11 Mbps is not sufficient for streaming video (like 'uitzending gemist') I want to reinstall my USB extension.
    What are your experiences with an USB extension cable?

Kind regards,
    Niels

Additional information:

Last week another technician came since I had some spontaneous auto-resets of my TV. This technician advised the contrary: he advised to use an USB extension cable to prevent problems with interference.
    Now NetTV and IP-EPG work fine
    Last edited by Niels; 10-10-2011 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Additional information