Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by killjoyxp View Post
    Alright, I did a small test on my newly arrived replacement unit to see if maybe it was the player and not Songbird. I tried powering on in repair mode without doing anything else. Not plugging it in, not checking for firmware update. Just doing it cold to see what would happen (Vol+ & Power on). Same kind of thing would happen as with the firmware update, wouldn't power on, looked dead. Hit reset with a paper clip and then powered on normally and it came on fine. I all these similar issues might has something to do with the player trying to go into repair mode.

I really hope this issue can get resolved soon as the player has some amazing sound quality.

(I do have to say, though, that the bundled earphones are some of the best sounding bundled earphones I've heard)
    I don't think the player should be responsive in repair mode, have you tried updating this new player? using the songbird that installs when you first plug in the mp3 player? i.e uninstall your songbird and just plug in ur muse, install songbird off muse, update songbird to latest, then try updating muse, when it gets to"device must be connected in repair mode" do that and see if you still get an error. I will try all this when mine arrives, finally you could try using a different pc.

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 365
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzar View Post
    I don't think the player should be responsive in repair mode
    i think so...
    let me tried with mine on the newest FW...

Diamond Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender

Level
    Thanks
    ok... i can repeat the same prob and mine is not responsive now ,
    i m using v2.5.4 songbird,
    that's why I think it doesnt matter with the songbird version... it's more the fw ...

normally, when doing an upgrade, you wont be advised to go into the repair mode... and when it's in repair mode... mine devices are quite weird... i press the second button on the top thinking it's the volume +, but it happens that the volume + button is the left one... maybe in this way, i make it corrupted... reset doesnt help

Diamond Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender

Level
    Thanks
    as mentioned by sync, the latest version is 2.5.4 for muse 3...
    so ... 2.5.6 is not applicable for muse 3 specifically

update: mine is magically waken up by pressing reset i tried few times ... and then i was like helpless and pass that to my friend, he did the same (using the same pen to insert to the reset button) and the my muse woke up... well... like magic)
    Last edited by kwinnie; 10-10-2011 at 08:33 AM. Reason: added "update" part

Philips - Cassandra

Exclamation New Firmware update to resolve issues

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your feedback and for providing details about the problems you are experiencing when trying to update your players to the latest version of firmware.

The great news is that our technical team have been working hard to resolve this issue and are uploading a new firmware version shortly to resolve the problem.

Please only update the firmware of your player from tomorrow to reflect the changes. We hope this resolves the issue and let us know if you need any further help!

Kind regards,
    Cassandra

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Excellent, For a while there I considered defecting to team Apple, my own replacement should arrive 2morrow/ Wednesday, I had sent an email to philips tech support and they told me that the player shouldn't go into repair mode in order to update, so please could somebody post back on their own progress with the firmware coming out 2morrow?

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Firmware Version #?

Hi Cassandra,

Since there has been a fix, could you announce the official version number for the firmware with the patch?

Thanks!

Diamond Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender

Level
    Thanks
    from past experiences, this will still be v1.38 as they should be using the same firmware (with the same fix) but with a more stable build.

just my guess.

tried this morning here in Hong Kong. i m still having the same issue.
    so if you overcome the "repair mode" pop up, just do not upgrade further as this is really unusual (you wont lost all your information by performing an upgrade)... in case you still experience the "repair mode" thing... just stop... unplug it and wait a bit longer to see if there's upcoming firmware...
    Last edited by kwinnie; 10-11-2011 at 03:40 AM.

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    One last question. This is slightly off topic but if I wanted to get a pair of spare earphones like the ones that come with the SA3MUS, which ones are most like them? I was originally thinking about getting the SHE9000, but after hearing the bundled ones I think I might like them better.

Philips - Cassandra

Exclamation Customer Update: Error When updating SA3MUS

Hi Everyone,

We have just received an update from our technical team who are still currently working on the new firmware version to resolve the error when trying to update the firmware. Please do not update your firmware for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

We will continue to keep you updated and will let you know as soon as this is resolved!

Kind Regards,

Philips Moderation Team

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    One last question. This is slightly off topic but if I wanted to get a pair of spare earphones like the ones that come with the SA3MUS, which ones are most like them? I was originally thinking about getting the SHE9000, but after hearing the bundled ones I think I might like them better.
    Hi,

I bought a pair of SHE9000 headphones along with my GoGear Muse, and in my opinion i think they sound much better than the ones bundled with the device which also sound good

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Do not update, listen to mod, updating will render your player unusable

, Listen to the mod!!! don't update right now, you'll end up with a non responsive player, I tried updating my old one, now it won't turn on, when connected to the pc it won't even register, it only connects when you plug it in repair mode and even then all you get is RKS8USB device connected. Received my replacement, it's running firmware 1.3.0 !!!! Hopefully most bugs have been fixed: Improvements ive noticed: When connected to pc, gogear shows memory available, number of songs, pics and videos, theres a new parental lock feature for safesound, still some issues, my player reset itself after I disconnected frm pc (i.e set time and date etc),

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Cassandra View Post
    Please do not update your firmware for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.
    I try/update my device a week ago during a "repair my philips device" session after a device full lock (player is freezed on main menu, no sound. After reset keep going freezed...).
    Songbird report me to use the "repair mode", report an error during repair, then device died, no reset no power button..
    Philips italia gave me the name of a repair center, and now my player sleeps here from last friday. Technician say me that if repairable, I have back my device in a week, but in case of substitution, it takes over a month long to get my player back.

There is a possibility to restart my - I think - bricked device at repair center, or I should wait 15 november for a substitution from Philips italia ??

Thanks.
    Fabio
    Last edited by adam01; 10-11-2011 at 10:32 PM. Reason: grammatical/typing errors

Diamond Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender

Level
    Thanks
    SHE9000 is great indeed. My brother likes it and I just gave that to him
    and then I bought a pair of SHE9750, it's the same structure of the muse one (like hook better) but of coz with more sturdy build and superb sound quality

http://shop.philips.co.uk/store?Acti...ctID=166861300
    Last edited by kwinnie; 10-12-2011 at 10:04 AM.

Philips - Cassandra

Exclamation New Firmware update available - please follow below instructions for songbird

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we had a look into the problem you were experiencing.

I have just received confirmation from our tech team that the latest version of firmware is now available to download and you can update your players.

It is important that you have the correct version of songbird for your MP3 player installed on your PC. Without this your player may not complete the new update that has just been released. For everyone who has experienced this issue please follow the steps below:

1. Completely remove Songbird from your PC by uninstalling the software.

2. Download and re-install Songbird directly from your local support page for the SA3MUS (ver. 2.5.4) only.

http://www.philips.co.uk/c/mp3-and-m...drp2?t=support

Once the support version of songbird is installed- upgrade the firmware as usual and the update will complete successfully.If you had previous problems you may need to reset your player by holding down the reset button for about 10 seconds with a small pin before connecting to your PC.

This should do the trick and you can continue to enjoy using your SA3MUS! We will continue to monitor this closely for you. If you still continue to have further problems please let us know by replying to this thread!

Kind Regards,
    Cassandra

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast