• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Support for 2008 models

Hi there,

i read the note "only supported models are from 2009 and above"-
    but where can i get my support for my 32PFL9603 then?

I mean, this model is not too old and i wanted to use some features i never did before:

- To get HDTV i'd need a CI card, my provider offers CI+ only, how far is this compatible, is it at all?

- When streaming from my pc i can watch all kinds of filetypes (are they converted, and where?) quite well, but all in a very low quality. If i switch to small window, they are all the same size. Are they streamed in only one size?

- Should i update to get better file support oder better not change a running system?

Any help is appreciated, there must be a place for an outfashioned tv user like me.. right? Just move me somewhere or tell me where to get help please. Thanks in advance

Flier

DerShortyy
    Quote Originally Posted by flier View Post
    Hi there,

i read the note "only supported models are from 2009 and above"-
    but where can i get my support for my 32PFL9603 then?

I mean, this model is not too old and i wanted to use some features i never did before:

- To get HDTV i'd need a CI card, my provider offers CI+ only, how far is this compatible, is it at all?

- When streaming from my pc i can watch all kinds of filetypes (are they converted, and where?) quite well, but all in a very low quality. If i switch to small window, they are all the same size. Are they streamed in only one size?

- Should i update to get better file support oder better not change a running system?

Any help is appreciated, there must be a place for an outfashioned tv user like me.. right? Just move me somewhere or tell me where to get help please. Thanks in advance

Flier
    Hi Flier,

please visit:
    http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/d...&slg=de&scy=DE

it is in german, but that sounds good for you :-) (Berlin)

if you don´t find the information you are looking for please call the customer support.
    If there´s only CI 1.0 installed on your device there might be problems with receiving CI+ please visit: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_...uch_CI_Plus.29

How do you stream the pictures to your TV? have you tried to get media connect? you have to call the costumers service to get a registry code.

Maybe the resolution of the pictures also depends on the device with which the pictures have been taken...

So far
    best regards

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Shorty,

thanks. I did look at the manual as well as at the description online as you proposed.
    That's why i asked these questions here, i could't find any answers in there.

I did check wikipedia as well but didn't look close enough, now i found out that CI slots do support CI+ cards- great!

Quote:
    "How do you stream the pictures to your TV? have you tried to get media connect? you have to call the costumers service to get a registry code.

Maybe the resolution of the pictures also depends on the device with which the pictures have been taken..."

I connect my TV to my local network so i can access files directly from the TV menu.
    I can't tell how it works exactly, my neighbor helped me installing it after i gave up..

I activated the windows media player streaming options but i don't know if this has anything to do with the TV- because windows media player does not have to be running when i play files from the TV menu.

I tried severel different videos, several file formats and various resolutions. Therefor different devices as well.

The TV does only support Mpeg1 and Mpeg2 videoformat but plays all kind of format i start via network.
    And all in the same size- quite a bad quality in fullscreen, a good quality in small screen (always the same size) but way(!) too small..

----

Ok, it took me some time to answer. I downloaded a full hd trailer in format mp4. No problem streaming that (even if mp4 should be not supported by TV) but it's in a very low quality.

Seems like the signal is converted on the computer before sending the signal to the TV.
    But i can't find any options within win media player..

??

DerShortyy
    Quote Originally Posted by flier View Post
    I activated the windows media player streaming options but i don't know if this has anything to do with the TV- because windows media player does not have to be running when i play files from the TV menu.
    Hi,

yes it has something to do if you are able to let the PC stream content to other devices automaticly. But i think thats not your problem, because the streaming seams to work fine with your devices.

In my opinion, its really the quality the pictures have been taken. I´ve experienced the same problem with my 32pfl9705 when I stream pictures which i have taken with my mobile phone´s camera. They are really small on the screen of the TV because i had chosen a small resolution on the phone. When I watch pictures taken with digital camera they are much bigger on the screen it is still no HD but SD and of course no full screen. When you have a smartphone like Samsung Galaxy S 2 you can try to set the resolution as high as possible. E.G 8 megapixel has an resolution of 3264x2448. 0,3megapixel only has 640x480.

Have you tried to put some pictures, where the problem occures, on an USB-Stick an connect the stick to the TV just to cross check that it has nothing to with the streaming options?

Best regards

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Thanks,

no, i haven't tried using a USB stick to check differences. I'll do that later.

But i downloaded a Full-HD-trailer in mp4 format. There was no problem streaming even that- but the quality is reduced as well. It seems like they are all converted to the same resolution..

I'll try to play some different file types on the TV via USB stick. If the resolution changes or the TV does not play some formats at all it's the source which converts the output before sending it to the TV.

Btw, plugging in my Nikon D5100 with a resolution of 4900 by sth. was a reeeeally bad picture as well when plugged into the s-video port. This would probably change with the use f a HDMI cable.

Best,

flier

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I copied various files onto a USB drive. The implemented media player played only one very old Mpeg2 videos (don't know which codec), the others (new Mpeg2, Mpe4, Mov) didn't show up at all. Jpeg were played correctly.

So i think it's clear that the media has to be converted in some way before entering the TV. But how does the PC know? I haven't changed any options, i even still don't know where i could do so..

Any ideas?

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 478
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    [closed, due to no activity]