Your experiences with FW v0.14.76.0 for 5806, 6000 and 7000 series (2011 models)
Please share your experiences with this new SW version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.
Discuss here all your experiences when upgraded to the new version: new, old, positive, negative...
PS: Changelog isn't available yet.
as far as I read in the comments in my blog, the following features are now supported:
- YouTube HD
- 3D over USB
- 3D in Net TV (YouTube, Videociety?)
- USB-HID (Keyboard)
Important: This software is NOT applicable to T-models.
• Support of USB keyboard and USB mouse.
• Support of USB subtitles (exclusively for file extension srt, sub and sami).
• Upgrade the YouTube application to the new YouTube Leanback application.
• You are now able to select the locked channels using P+/- keys.
• TV is unable to wake-up from Standby.
• Unable to select picture format when you [Browse USB] or [Browse PC].
• “No Programme Available” message appears onscreen when you switch channel.
• Ambilight lounge light turns off by itself.
• “No signal” OSD appears onscreen when you switch between channels. (Only applicable to country,
• Unable to playback satellite (DVB-S) recorded channels. (Only applicable to K-models)
• “Scrambled Program” OSD appears onscreen when you watch satellite (DVB-S) channels with CAM
inserted. (Only applicable to K-models)
Where is the Update?
a simple question where is the update? I see the Software file release date is from 07.10.2011 but the "autorun.upg" file is still the "Q5551-0.10.105.0"! This was my 32" 5806/K02 says to me, which can't either find a newer software on the NET.
THIS IS HUGELY DISAPPOINTING AND FRUSTRATING!
By all standards this experience is very poor!
maybe I was to fast and the 5806 series still remains on TV550R2 (10.105) for the moment... (also the 32PFL9606 hasn't been updated to TV550R3 yet)
I find that the new version include a not so nice part of Youtube.
I can not log on to YouTube and it's a shame.
Once you get the version for download, and then there's only September. Strange.
Google translator! german->english
regarding the login process - read: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...n-2011-devices.
Nice to read that srt subtitles are now supported. Big question is: how does it work?
Originally Posted by Philips - Thomas
I have placed an .avi file and an .srt file with exactly the same name on a usb stick nd I have tried to play the file. The video plays perfectly but no subtitles. I have used the subtitles menu to enable the subtitles but it does not work.
Found what the problem was. The srt-files were encoded as UTF-16. When I converted these files to UTF-8 the subtitle files play flawlessly.
Last edited by jeewee; 10-15-2011 at 03:18 PM.
does your remote has a subtitle button on the bottom? Or can you activate them via the option menu button?
It does have that button and I tried setting it to "subtitles on" but no subtitles are shown.
Originally Posted by Toengel
The Sound Bug, which is described here http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...on-55PFL7606-K is still alive. (There was another Post http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...DMI-interfaces
It happens after watching/ playing something (PS3, BD) over HDMI and switching between internal Sound (TV Speakers) and external Sound (AVR).
Sometimes the soud of the TV is gone or crippled and it is not working on any input at all.
Only Power OFF/ ON helps and brings the sound back.
The Bug that some of "Favorite" TV stations disappear from the "Favorite" List ist still there.
I am using the internal DVB-C Receiver. I have mixed digital and analogue TV stations on the favorite list.
Every 2-3 days the analogue stations have lost their "favorite" setting.
I've bought the TV 47PFL7606M/08 recently and the main issue are all sw problem.
I've also created a Thread on an external forum to discuss about the sw problem of this TV and I have to report that all the other people agree with the fact that they will not buy this tv if the known problems will not be fixed with a firmware update.
The following sw issue or limitation are not acceptable on such a TV:
- Not possible to play 3D files over USB
- Not possible to play 3D files from youtube/net tv
- Not possible to manage the second audio track on an mkv file
- Not possible to read subtitles embedded into mkv. (recently Philips added support for external subtitles, this is good but why you do not include also internal subtitles?)
- Most mkv's are not supported or play with artefacts.
- Poor support for multimedia files, please improve it.
- No DTS support. Why you do not support DTS audio?
Nice to have:
- Not possible to play a movie from the point where it has been stopped (e.g. you are watching a movie, then you stop the movie or you can even switch off the tv but then when you play it again the sw will allow you to start from the point where you had stopped).
- Info about the channel you are watching without completly obscure the TV channel. With the current sw if you want to see the info about the channel you are watching (e.g. title, year, actors, etc...) you press the button and the movie is obscured, you continue to hear only the audio. Many other TV supplier create a small window at the top of the TV and if you need more info you can enlarge it pressing a button.
Favourite analogue stations flag(star) lost
When I mark my analogue presets from 1 to 30 as favourites, then after a while (1 to 3 days), the favourites flag (star) is gone. Other favourites (digital presets 101 to 110) are preserved.
Issue still not solved.
Still no improvement on my main problem:
HDMI sound: sound drops occur in the following setup:
Blu-ray(Panasonic) OR Satellite Receiver(Technisat) - HDMI - 42PFL7696K02 - Toslink - PioneerAVR
-> Philips TV does not pass through HDMI sound signals properly
As well, no changes concerning my second issue:
HDMI-CEC: Technisat Satellite Receiver can control the Philips but not vice versa. It would be nice, if the Philips could at least switch the channels.