• Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Htep View Post
    Ok ok... So waiting an answer from Philips.
    Maybe common lawsuit will quicken the answer and reaction from Philips

Silver Member
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!500 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uki1985 View Post
    Maybe common lawsuit will quicken the answer and reaction from Philips
    I already wrote an e-mail to the costumer service summarizing all the bugs...

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    TV Mobili doesn't work with avi. I've checked all media servers that are existing - free ones and paid. None of them works fine with subtitles (even PS3 mediaserver has some issues)
    How about Wild Media Server?
    Untill now this is the best server I tried.
    Tried TVersity, Nero Media Home and Plex Media Server. XMBC is still on the TODO list.
    Wild is not the easiest program, but you can adjust almost everything. You even can change settings per movie via the TV, so eg. you can select audio track and subtitle track.
    Must say did not try AVI.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vanderkoppel View Post
    Tried TVersity, Nero Media Home and Plex Media Server. XMBC is still on the TODO list.
    Wild is not the easiest program, but you can adjust almost everything. You even can change settings per movie via the TV, so eg. you can select audio track and subtitle track.
    I've tried to do this via WMS and it was not working for me. I'want just to find a way to play all DLNA formats with subtitles: mkv's .avi's, .mp4's etc. For now I'm able to run only mkv's via DLNA with subs. I've started to consider buying Android dongle but I didn't buy "Smart TV" to buy external devices and connect them to TV. Especially, that I don't want impossible things, as competitors have these features in standard.

If you were able to play this via WMS I'll try to do it again when I come back home, and if I will not manage, can you send me some tips about configuration?

Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I've tried to do this via WMS and it was not working for me. I'want just to find a way to play all DLNA formats with subtitles: mkv's .avi's, .mp4's etc. For now I'm able to run only mkv's via DLNA with subs. I've started to consider buying Android dongle but I didn't buy "Smart TV" to buy external devices and connect them to TV. Especially, that I don't want impossible things, as competitors have these features in standard.

If you were able to play this via WMS I'll try to do it again when I come back home, and if I will not manage, can you send me some tips about configuration?
    I did not figure out how it should work via the configurationm of WMS. Most likely I have to configure it for each movie.
    But at this moment I do it via the following way:
    On my TV (after selecting Connect to PC and select WMS ofcourse) I go to the folder movies, than to the folder transcode, than highlight the movie and go to settings. Here you can select the subtitles you want.
    Than go back and start the movie.
    It always has to go via transcode and it works for MKV and VOB. But as said before, did not try AVI.
    Maybe this evening I will try XBMC, else next week.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to vanderkoppel For This Useful Post:

uki1985 (01-09-2013)

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I did not figure out how it should work via the configurationm of WMS. Most likely I have to configure it for each movie.
    But at this moment I do it via the following way:
    On my TV (after selecting Connect to PC and select WMS ofcourse) I go to the folder movies, than to the folder transcode, than highlight the movie and go to settings. Here you can select the subtitles you want.
    Than go back and start the movie.
    It always has to go via transcode and it works for MKV and VOB. But as said before, did not try AVI.
    Maybe this evening I will try XBMC, else next week.
    I don't catch how to do this: I'm in transcode folder then i go to subtitles folder and there is only file subtitles off and second is file with path of movie and both of them on preview have 00:00:01.096, After trying to play this I have white checkmark on green circle and it turns off after second.

EDIT: Ok I've figured it out this checkmark means that subs are on and when you play movie they will appear. Thanks a lot for your help. The only thing that bothers me that total time of playback is either 00:01 or 00:0-1 and you actually cannot fast forward or rewind, the only possibility is pause/play. But yet WMS seems to be the best solution at the moment. It supports every format known to humanity (avi, mp4, mkv, vob, with dts, without dts with AC3, all movies that I have are played without problems.

Yet this fact does not allow Philips to stop working on native support for subtitles via DLNA because:
    1. WMS is pretty expensive
    2. I want full functionality (FFWD, and REVIND) what is impossible on transcoded files

If anyone have questions how to run movies with subs via DLNA + Wild Media Server do not hesitate to ask
    Last edited by uki1985; 01-09-2013 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Problem solved

Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I don't catch how to do this: I'm in transcode folder then i go to subtitles folder and there is only file subtitles off and second is file with path of movie and both of them on preview have 00:00:01.096, After trying to play this I have white checkmark on green circle and it turns off after second.

EDIT: Ok I've figured it out this checkmark means that subs are on and when you play movie they will appear. Thanks a lot for your help. The only thing that bothers me that total time of playback is either 00:01 or 00:0-1 and you actually cannot fast forward or rewind, the only possibility is pause/play. But yet WMS seems to be the best solution at the moment. It supports every format known to humanity (avi, mp4, mkv, vob, with dts, without dts with AC3, all movies that I have are played without problems.

Yet this fact does not allow Philips to stop working on native support for subtitles via DLNA because:
    1. WMS is pretty expensive
    2. I want full functionality (FFWD, and REVIND) what is impossible on transcoded files

If anyone have questions how to run movies with subs via DLNA + Wild Media Server do not hesitate to ask
    That is what I already said about Wild MS, pretty complex. On the other hand you can change almost eveything you want. For example just found out that the rather complex menu structure you get on the TV is the same as the menu structure on your PC. So you can simplify the menu structure on the PC and so also simplify the menu structure you see on the TV.
    What I also noticed is that Wild MS changed my "movies''. Now I see the movie name and a chapter indication. If I select this file I get the correct play time. I only do not see the tumbnails of the movie, but I also was not able yet to get these thumbnails in Wild MS on my PC.

I aslo tried XBMC. But that is not even supporting transcoding. So exit XBMC.
    Last thing I want to try is Plex. Plex via TV and connect to PC was no success.
    But I want to see what is happening if I connect to PLEX via SMART TV.
    Will keep you updated.

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I purchased this Philips LCD and having issues with DLNA/Streaming...I am able to connect to DLNA Windows 11 media server from this Philips TV 32PFL4907/F7... and Mp3 audio file (stored in PC) is running fine via DLNA ... But I can not run any video files - I tried avi, mpg, mpeg, etc. and all the time TV is complaining that it can not run those files whereas if I try windows media player in PC, it works like a champ...I tried couple of media streaming server including Serviio, PS3, etc. with different formatted Video files.... My other Pioneer TV as well as Blue-ray player is able to run those files without any issues so far... and so, trying find what exactly issue with this Philips LCD model.... Sent two emails to support team and still waiting for resolutions....

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    dear ndutta,

did you use the wifi connection of by cable.
    SInce today i discoverd all works (home netwerk, smart tv, windows media plaer, the remote app for android) fine when i connect the tv by wfi to the network. (but a bit slower than by cable),

sucess

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Thanks for your reply... This Philips TV I connected via wifi/wireless via their USB accessory as it came with the TV...Which type of Video file you tried... I can try to convert the DVD extract accordingly....

Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ndutta123 View Post
    I purchased this Philips LCD and having issues with DLNA/Streaming...I am able to connect to DLNA Windows 11 media server from this Philips TV 32PFL4907/F7... and Mp3 audio file (stored in PC) is running fine via DLNA ... But I can not run any video files - I tried avi, mpg, mpeg, etc. and all the time TV is complaining that it can not run those files whereas if I try windows media player in PC, it works like a champ...I tried couple of media streaming server including Serviio, PS3, etc. with different formatted Video files.... My other Pioneer TV as well as Blue-ray player is able to run those files without any issues so far... and so, trying find what exactly issue with this Philips LCD model.... Sent two emails to support team and still waiting for resolutions....
    Please keep in mind that the TV does only supports a few file formats.
    I do not know how the new manuals are, but in my manual this is not described.
    Via via I found that my TV (37PFL9604) supports:
    AAC LC - MP3 - AC3 - LPCM - WMA
    JPEG - GIFF - PNG
    MPEG1 - MPEG2 - MPEG 4 - AVI H.264 / MPEG4 AVC - WMV9 / VCI
    Windows Media Player has all codecs to transcode every file into a format suitable for your PC screen.
    If you stream to the TV than the TV must have these codecs, and as you see the TV is limited.
    So your Pionees and Blueray player have more codecs available (or a more complete codec).
    You can solve this by using streaming software which is able to transcode.
    This means if the software sees a file which is not supported by the TV it will convert this file into a format which can be handled by the TV.
    This sounds easy, but is not. Also the available streaming software does not support all codecs (formats).
    For example Serviio does not support embedded subtitles, only subtitles which are in a seperate file, and for example most ripped and regular DVD''s have embedded subtitles.
    But if you play a file via transcode to the TV it should show you the file and you should not get the messsage ""cannot read or find the file"".
    If you are not interested in subtitles, than TVersity is a good program. Easy to use, and plays everything without special actions. So it knows by itself if it has to transcode or not.
    If you want subtitles you could use Wild Media Server. Disadvanatge: It is not for free (also not expensive, but) and it is a rather complex program.
    But for what I noticed (and heared, see entry above from UKI1985) it handles everything, including selection of audio track and subtitle track.
    Be aware that transcoding is done ''on the fly'' (so during the streaming to the TV) and needs some CPU power. If you do not have enough CPU power the transcoded movie on the TV will start the stutter (movie will not run fluent).
    This again can be solved by pre-trancoding. This means you transcode the file (movie) on your PC, so you will get a new file in a format which is supported by the TV. This file than you can play.
    And as you can guess, not all streaming software supports this pre-transcoding option.
    Last edited by vanderkoppel; 01-14-2013 at 12:25 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to vanderkoppel For This Useful Post:

chrisham (01-14-2013)

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hey.

To solve the problem with no subtitles from NAS-hardisk simply download AVIAddXSubs from
    http://aviaddxsubs.blogspot.com.

Its very easy:
    - make a map with the moviefile (e.g. avi) and put the .srt file in it too
    - it must have exactly the same name (e.g movie.avi and movie.srt)
    - the program will convert it to a .divx file with subtitles

For my old IBM (1 GB RAM) it lasted 6 minutes !!

My Phillips LED-Smart TV can now show the movie from NAS with subtitles, and I have tried
    it on my Samsung LED-Smart TV. It works !!
    Just use the Options/Tools on your remote, and you can switch subtitles on and of.

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

solution

I was also really disappointed with Philips when I learned that there was no subtitles support over wifi. Anyway the workaround is called PS3 media server (has little or nothing to do with console). APP is free, subs are encoded on the fly and work like a charm...

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Please reconsider

I came tonight to the forums seeking for help. I advised two of my best friends to buy philips led tvs. I own my self one, two years old, with no lan connection. I thought it would be a nice idea to do so, because I was satisfied by mine. They both NEED the subtitles feature, as English is not our native language and they don't own a media player, either.
    Due to my job, I can see others people's tv's and I can say that the most serious manufacturers have no problem at all on playing subs. Maybe with some limitations, but they can.

I can no longer suggest to any one of the people who ask my opinion on buying a tv, to buy a Philips. I can't face them later. And believe me, they are not few.

Philips please reconsider and act as we, your customers, supporters, enthusiasts, remote friends - lets say- expect.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Achievements:
    OverdriveNew Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by magnussen@stofanet.dk View Post
    My Phillips LED-Smart TV can now show the movie from NAS with subtitles, and I have tried
    it on my Samsung LED-Smart TV. It works !!
    What model of Philips TV do you have?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast