• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Issues concerning DLNA on 52PFL8605K/02

As I have seen my issues have already been mentioned in a previous thread for the 40PFL8605H (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...s-To-Be-Solved!) but there was no public response by Philips but only a personal message.

Especially, the strong restrictions to playable formats and the via DLNA non-working FastForward or FastBackward functionality is a huge annoyance, since one of the major reasons for my decision to by the TV was the promised Media-Player capability. Both, the Data Sheet
    (Bildwiedergabeformate: JPEG Musikwiedergabeformate: MP3, WMA (v2 bis v9.2),AAC Videowiedergabeformate: Codec-Unterstützung: H264/MPEG-4 (AVC), MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, WMV9/VC1, Dateien: AVI, MKV)
    and the Manual
    (Wiedergabeformate MP3, AAC; WMA v2 bis v9.2; Standbilder: JPEG MPEG 1, MPEG 2, MPEG 4, H.264 (MPEG-4 AVC), WMV9, MPEG-Program-Stream und Transport-Stream, AVI, MP4, MKV, ASF
    Unterstützte Medienserver-Software: Windows Media Player 11 (für Microsoft Windows XP, Vista oder
    Windows 7), Google (für Windows XP), Twonky Media — PacketVideo 4.4.9 (für PC und Intel MacOX)
    (5.0.68 MacOX), Sony Vaio-Medienserver (für Microsoft Windows XP oder Vista), Sony PS3 Medienserver (für Windows XP), Nero 8 – Nero MediaHome (für Microsoft Windows XP), DiXiM (für Windows XP), Macrovision Network-Medienserver (für Microsoft Windows XP), Fuppes (für Linux), uShare (für Linux), Philips NAS SPD8020 (v. 1.2.9.47), TVersity 1.7 pro (für Windows XP), Nokia N82, N96, N95, Nokia N78, N80, N81, 8 GB, N800, N810, N92, N93, N93i,N96, Samsung SGH-i780)
    officially provided via the Internet very lapidary stated the playable formats and also the supported DLNA-Server Software. Thus, Philips obviously promised to play and interact correctly with these formats and servers. For a normal customer like me, it seemed that streams coded by all the mentioned codecs packed within the given container (of course if allowed by the particular container format) could be played. Furthermore, the list of supported DLNA-servers left a mark that they will interact correctly with the TV.

Now, using the newly bought TV I realized, that obviously there are a lot of limitations never mentioned by the official publications.
    An inquiry to the Philips Customers Service concerning the supported formats resulted in this list:
    MPEG (*.mpg, *.mpeg, *.vob): Video: MPEG-1, MPEG-2
    MPEG (*.mp2, *.mp3, *.mpg, *.mpeg, *.vob): Audio: MPEG-1 Layer 2, MPEG-1 Layer 3, LPCM, AC3
    MPEG-4 (*.mp4): Video: MPEG-4 AVC (H.264, L2-CIF), MPEG-4 AVC (H.264, L4-HD) Audio: AAC-LC, HE-AAC
    WMV (*.wmv): Video: WMV9/VC1 WMV9/VC1 SP mit einer maximale Bit Rate von 0,384 Mbps WMV9/VC1 MP mit einer maximale Bit Rate von 20 Mbps WMV9/VC1 AP mit einer maximale Bit Rate von 20 Mbps Audio: WMA
    AVI (*.avi): Video: MPEG-4 SP, MPEG-4 ASP maximale Bit Rate MPEG-4 SP: 3 Mbps maximale Bit Rate MPEG-4 ASP: 8 Mbps Audio: MPEG Layer 2/3, AC3
    MKV (*.mkv):Video: H.264 Audio: HE ACC, AC3

Interestingly, it differs from the List I have found afterward here in the Forum (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...S-and-Blu-ray). On one hand it does not mention TS and PS containers and on the other hand the AVI container is only given here but not in the list of the forum.
    Thus in retrospect, it would be helpful, to obtain an accurate and complete list of all playable formats (combinations of codecs and containers) mentioning all given restrictions for the 52PFL8605K/02 using the actual firmware (Q55xx_0.140.40.0). Nevertheless, there are strong restrictions to the playable files and this has to be announced clearly in the official publications of Philips!

Concerning the problem of non-working FastForward or FastBackward via DLNA and beside all the technical stuff discussed in a lot of threads here in the forum there applies the same criticism as above: The manual definitely states that Fuppes and uShare (among others which were concerned in the threads here but I did not try) are supported MediaServer-Software and thus the customer expects proper interaction and full operativeness!
    If there are some special requirements necessary for the server software to provide proper function, can someone please provide me the complete information about these settings.

In addition, the 52PFL8605K/02 is also concerned by at least the issues 2,3,4,6 previously described (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...s-To-Be-Solved!) and
    I hope that there will be a solution or at least an official response!

Platinum Member
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 166
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Fast forward and fast backward is working on my side with Philips TV 42PFL7695K/02 and Windows Media Player as well as Fritzbox 7390 Mediaserver. This seems to be a problem of a special combination of your used Mediaserver.