Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hello Folks,

my best friend does have the same problem, after updating her iphone to IOS 5 her DCM 580 does not recognize the iphone anymore.With IOS 4 there were no problems.
    She also tried to install the Firmware-Upgrade Software Version 43 for DCM 580 but the unzipped file (PHILIPS_DCM580_V43_20110808.MCS) was not recognized by the DCM, it shows "no file".
    I hope the people at Philips are working on this problem ! Until now we are really convinced from the Philips Quality.

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 365
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeas View Post
    Hi!

I have just spoken to costumer care, they called the group responsible for this dock a couple of hours ago, and said that they will probably not be able to reprogram this dock so it will work with IOS5. Also got a letter from them about this.. But when I posted my findings here admin Andrea removed them. I dont think its right to do so. Maybe my post was removed because I wrote that if this is the case we all should demand our money back because this dock was sold as IPHONE 3 and 4 compatible not IOS3 and 4 compatible!

So as of right now and what I was told in costumer care they are NOT GOING TO RELEASE A NEW FIRMWARE meaning there will not be a fix! I still hope that they will be able to resolve this issue and make this Iphone / Ipod dock work with Iphones and Ipods again!
    hi Pokeas,

thanks for your information from your local support team. yes, these docking devices are usually not designed for software upgrade by the customers themselves unless it's a real high end tweeter (almost spelt it twitter :P) model you can imagine there's not many thing deal with software in this kind of docking-just dock and play. but as mentioned by the forum moderator, they are now investigating this issue. i think they will try to give a solution possible as here we have quite many cases. maybe let's wait for a little longer for the team to feedback to us (what my experience in the forum (more on the blu-ray forum) tells me is that they are dealing with the team (product team/ software team etc) closer when compared to that through call centres. and when one calls call centre or use live chat, you can imagine, they have to give instant reply, so to me, that can be a more dated and standard answer (as this model doesnt usually hv SW upgrade)

ok.... long winded reply... in short let s see... if they cant do anything, they'll let us know...

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Angry Same problem

Have the same problem DCM580/12 +iOS5 =

How hard can it be?
    Fix this problem NOW!

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Kwinnie!

I understand that there is a loot of stress and confusion in support right now in the support section. But keep in mind that this device is sold as Iphone 3 and 4 compitable not as IOS 3 and 4 compitable, so now we should get our money back since Philips cant keep what it peomised, we dis not buy it to listen to radio or cds se bought it to use as a iphone dock. Also IOS 5 developers beta has been out for 5 months so theres no reason for Philips to say its new to them, they had a loot of time to make a new firmware or warn costumers not to update ios.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinnie View Post
    hi Pokeas,

thanks for your information from your local support team. yes, these docking devices are usually not designed for software upgrade by the customers themselves unless it's a real high end tweeter (almost spelt it twitter :P) model you can imagine there's not many thing deal with software in this kind of docking-just dock and play. but as mentioned by the forum moderator, they are now investigating this issue. i think they will try to give a solution possible as here we have quite many cases. maybe let's wait for a little longer for the team to feedback to us (what my experience in the forum (more on the blu-ray forum) tells me is that they are dealing with the team (product team/ software team etc) closer when compared to that through call centres. and when one calls call centre or use live chat, you can imagine, they have to give instant reply, so to me, that can be a more dated and standard answer (as this model doesnt usually hv SW upgrade)

ok.... long winded reply... in short let s see... if they cant do anything, they'll let us know...

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 365
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster

Level
    Thanks
    i can imagine how frustrated and disappointed you feel...
    i think they are clear of the issue here...let's see what philips come back to us first on this... maybe there s some sort of solution later... (I just hope and just the moderator is telling us to wait for more investigation results...)

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    only wait for their solution...after all, iOS5 is quit a new thing to us
    Last edited by Weensen; 10-25-2011 at 09:51 AM.

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Same Problem here

Hi Support

same problem too - i have lots of Philips products and this is probably my favourite of them. i will be very disappointed if it is not fixed as the unit is useless to me now - i keep all my music on my iphone

Please help get this sorted or i am afraid my loyalty to Philips will be lost.

best regards,
    Alan Kelly
    Ireland

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    We all who have bought DCM580 feel this way I think. I bought it the day before the IOS5 upgrade, could enjoy it one day! And 400£ is still 400£ cant throw money out of the window.
    I understand you want to help and appreciate it! Hope Philips will solve this issue really soon!

Just for fun my Philips products:
    Tv, vacuum cleaner, juicer, food processor, shaver, blu ray, mixer, fully automated espresso maker and now this!

Philips please dont dissapoint me!

Quote Originally Posted by kwinnie View Post
    i can imagine how frustrated and disappointed you feel...
    i think they are clear of the issue here...let's see what philips come back to us first on this... maybe there s some sort of solution later... (I just hope and just the moderator is telling us to wait for more investigation results...)

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Workaround

Have the same problem after upgrade to IO5, my solution is that I am playing throug Airport express and the MP3 link instead

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Richard!

I completely agree with you and will be more than happy to send you my name and mail address.

However we should wait a couple of days because they say they are working on the problem. Lets give them a chance!

But if they continue to be this unclear on if they will solve the problem or not yes we should take further steps!

Also I have to warn you, Your post will probably be deleted, my post where deleted where I said we all should demand our money back and posted a letter from the Swedish support where they said there will not be any firmware upgrade.
    However admin who took my post down messaged me that this information is not true they did not know what they said in the Swedish Philips costumer service.

Also I would recommend to start a facebook group on this so we dont have to fear the admins taking down our posts, will email you about that!

Im sure they will take this post and your post down as well!

Sincerely
    David.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    The problem is known: iPhones running on iOS5 are not recognized by Philips soundtower DCM 580.

At Philiips obviously none is capable solving the problem or communicating clearly what we consumers can expect. I already had other problems with this device (the soundtower, not the iPhone) nobody was willing to solve, even though it was under guarantee.

Now is time for action:
    Please send me your names and addresses, I will go into a class-action lawsuit. Send them to richard2@bluemail.ch

In addition you can warn other consumers NOT to buy any thing from Philips any more!

If you are very angry, start a shitstorm. Write posts on Facebook, Twitter etc.

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Dear Philips!

You said you where working on the problem since the IOS5 came out. Still you have given us no clear answer if there will be a firmware fix or not. You had time now to look in to the problem, even if you did not do so under the 5 months IOS5 developers beta been available to you. Sony, Bose and other brands made their docks compatible with IOS5 the day after developers beta came out 5 months ago!!

So I believe I speak in all DCM580 owners names;

Give us a clear answer, can you fix the problem with a firmware update or not!?
    You said you where working on it, we know, we don't want to hear the same again, we want a clear answer WILL THERE BE A FIX OR NOT and if so WHEN, how long do we have to wait?

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Angry this dock was sold as IPHONE 3 and 4 compatible not IOS3 and 4 compatible!

I to have exactly the same problem with my families 5 apple devices.
    Philips need to get a handle on this ASAP before many loyal people like me return the device to the shop and demand a refund. Speculation is rife and I would also like to know simply, will it work or not? This is not a trick question philips should, as an innovator of products been trailing os5 and known about this, then either recalled or fixed the problem shame on you for frustrating so many loyal customers like me. I wasted hours messing around thinking something was wrong did not expect it to be this.

You should have emailed all retailers and customers immediately and let them know the problem, come on now philips sort it or say you can or can not and do not waste our time please!!!!

I will contact BBC watchdog and the dti together with trading standards if this problem is not resolved with a statement of conformity by the end of the week

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Post on facebook

Everyone unhappy with the incompatibility of Philips DCM580 soundtower post your experience on Philips facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/philips?sk=wall&filter=1

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Level
    Thanks

Exclamation Update

Dear all,

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused by this iOS5 incompatibility issue.

Please be reassured that we are looking into this as a top priority!

We will keep you all informed on the progress.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.
    Forum Mod

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Got a call from Philips Singapore Customer care. The guy said their team is working on it and will get back to me latest by end of next week with a solution. But I noticed that there are other docking devices having problems as well, like Bose and few others. So, Philips is not alone. Not good news for any of us, but I think Apple flipped something causing all these devices go kaput. There are discussions in Apple forum also on this topic.

Bottomline, some one has to fix it and we will raise noise at every place.

Nainar

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast