Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeroen87 View Post
    What happens if you set the color saturation to 0, i.e. make a black-and-white picture ?
    The Essence has an external box for the signal processing, and a thin panel-only, right ? Could the cable between the 2 parts be damaged ?
    Have taken set to TV repair firm. They suspect the TCON board, but are having to go to Honk Kong to obtain replacement components. They have made no promises so we will see how it pans out and the overall cost.

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelb View Post
    Have taken set to TV repair firm. They suspect the TCON board, but are having to go to Honk Kong to obtain replacement components. They have made no promises so we will see how it pans out and the overall cost.
    Hi, can I have some news? I have the same problem after 2,6 years so out of warranty. It seems that all 42pes0001d has the same problem. Here in Italy Tv support said that seems to be video board (tcon?) but it is very difficult to find out.
    Someone that fixed problem can help me?
    Thank you

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Excatly the same problem after...

...three years. Does this model have a built-in self-destruction timer?

Funnily, when the colour problem first occurred I brought the TV to a local TV repair that called me after three days and told me that the picture was fine from the moment they switched the TV on. I collected the TV and hang it back to the wall. After three weeks the TV began to flash and flicker.

The TV is currently with the TV repair again. Has anyone found a solution yet or heard from Philips? I guess/hope they are following the forum...

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    The same is true for my TV (probably all the 42PE0001D/10 show this defects, according to the large amount of complaints found in the internet). After about 3 years (TV is seldomly on), the panel shows defect colors.

I read in a German post about the defective Philipp's TVs that one panel is defect. There it is posted that an electronic part "AS-15F" which is a 48pin SMD IC, and which could be purchased via Ebay from HK. Depending on one's skill the poster of the German post said, it could be easily replaced - if you know how to do so. It seems that the cost for reparation in Germany is about 500 Euro.

I am very dissapointed about the quality of the Philipp's product, particularly as the TV was in the higher price range and you would expect a longer life time as just shortly after the end of the warranty (which is really nasty!).

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    At least this souds somewhat promising. Can you post the German link and the instruction/poster, please? I am German and will hopefully understand it.

Best
    Stefan

@Philips: If one of you guys is following this forum - a statement or an indication of help woud be appreciated by all of us here who paid more than 2k for the TV a few years ago. I thought about buying a Philips TV again, but as after sales/CRM seems poor, I will probably not...

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Info about the alleged solution to the off color error

Quote Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
    At least this souds somewhat promising. Can you post the German link and the instruction/poster, please? I am German and will hopefully understand it.

Best
    Stefan

@Philips: If one of you guys is following this forum - a statement or an indication of help woud be appreciated by all of us here who paid more than 2k for the TV a few years ago. I thought about buying a Philips TV again, but as after sales/CRM seems poor, I will probably not...
    -------------------------------------------------
    Stefan,
    I was on vacation- the reason for the delayed answer.

The link to the German website is: http://www.hifi-forum.de/viewthread-152-9043.html
    Look at the post dated July 26, 2012;

alternatively just google "42PES" and "Fehlfarben" and you will find the post on the "hifi-forum.de" website.

I will now going to order the circuit chip and request at a shop the replacing of this part in the TV (the spare part itself is quite cheap, so I don't care if the solution doesn't work- hope that the service is not that expensive). Will see. Keep all of you posted about the result. Might take a few weeks, though.

@Philipps: I am also very dissapointed about the quality of the electronic parts Philipp put into its electronic appliances and that that there is no qualified response from Philipp's end how to tackle the problem. Customer support is hiding and I wonder why this forum is set up? Maybe to assist the consumers finding a solution for replacing bad quality electronic parts.

It is obvious that the collapsing of the chip or whatever this is, is an intrinsiv problem of this specific TV. So, you can imagine that my next product will not be a product from Philipps.

Keep you posted anze

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Thank you Anze. I solved changing AS-15F smd on tcon board. 5 minutes at all. I ordered it from eBay in hk for about 10$ . Now is working as new. Friend that made work is suggesting to put 2 big fun on the rear panel. I will make this work and a full report and I will post here.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Thanks for letting me know. I have asked the local TV repair here in East London. They told me that they are not able to fit the chip as it is a very fragile one where you need special tools for.

Thus, I gave up. I have just ordered a SAMSUNG TV (@Philips -> yes, a Samsung, because I didn't here anything from you) and I will sell my Philips on ebay.

Bye bye, Philips. You have lost a customer...

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi, i wrote some weeks ago a reply but was never published. I try again.
    I bought from ebay seller in hong kong an "AS15-F" smd and i changed it on Tcon board and now TV is working again perfectly. I want to thanks Anze for finding this solution on web and it make me save a lot of money and time. Replace smd is very easy for a professionist, 5 minute to change test and close the monitor. That's all.
    My friend that made sdm work suggest me to make a mod on the back of the monitor mounting two big fan for keep out heat and now my panel is a little bit cold.
    I don't know if this mod is the reason why my last reply was not published and so i ask to moderator of this forum if it was the problem and let me know. If not i will publish some image of the work.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
    Thanks for letting me know. I have asked the local TV repair here in East London. They told me that they are not able to fit the chip as it is a very fragile one where you need special tools for.

Thus, I gave up. I have just ordered a SAMSUNG TV (@Philips -> yes, a Samsung, because I didn't here anything from you) and I will sell my Philips on ebay.

Bye bye, Philips. You have lost a customer...
    I was there when my friend made work and he use a simple welder, not a special tool for sure they have to know how make this work but i think it is not so difficult. To be sure i ordered 3 as15f smd for about 4$.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

TV operates again

I promised an update on the TV repair.
    It was quite a hazzle to find someone who is able to replace a chip on the platine, but I finally found one who did a great job!
    Now the TV is working again. My expert was saying that the cooling body which is attached ontop of the chip is too small (which might be the reason for the early break down of the chip) and he replaced the one originally present with a bigger cooling body.

I was removing the platine from the TV and mailed it to my expert. Was very simple for all of us.

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Just wanted to mention that I'm currently having the same problem with my 42PES0001D which I bought in January 2009. Same color problems. The tv was sent to the service center, but they want to charge 300 Euro for the repair, since they want to replace the complete display (to which I disagree looking at all the info about the AS15F chip).

Since it is a common issue with the model, it seems to be a construction error which makes things worse.
    I hope my supplier will come up with a satisfactory solution.

Good thing we in Holland have got the "conformiteitsvereiste" and "recht op een deugdelijjk product", which means that if a product does not live up to what may be expected of it, you've got the right on repair, a replacement, or undo the sales contract. That goes beyond the standard two year guarantee, since you may expect a tv (bought for 2.250 euro) function for more than 3.5 years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12