Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Bronze Member
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    ....find a standalone DD/DTS decoder box which also has stereo SPDIF output.

I AM UNABLE TO FIN THIS DECODER BOX... ¿do you know any? thank tyou

I have COAX and OPTICAL INPUTS in my HK990 AMP and HD990 CD PAYER, but only for PCM stereo signals.
    Last edited by tiomiguel; 11-06-2011 at 10:12 AM.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I haven't looked for ready-made solutions, but if you want to build something yourself, take for example a Netbook (or a Beagle Board with Linux if you want it smaller), hook up a USB Soundcard with S/PDIF input & output and do all the resampling and filtering you feel like.

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Optical to digital audio converter, König KN-OPTRCA10
    Will cost you about 60 euros
    Input : Toslink or Coaxial
    Output : analogue stereo signal
    I used it to connect my Yamaha Hifi set to 37PFL9606, only issue was no sound when playing HD content (PS3 and Humax decoder), problem solved by changing setting in these devices from DD to PCM.

Other problem is that the minijack sometimes gives a signal and sometimes it does not.
    Biggest problem (my 2nd device after changing the 1st one because of the same problem) is that there is nothing on my screen ... Ambilight works as it is supposed to, but the screen remains black!

Waiting for an answer, if not solved quickly ... I will change it for another brand (however I will not have Ambilight which will be too bad)

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hello friends, I recently bought 46PFL9705H/12 and I am now strongly disappointed with (mainly) two issues, which are NO PROBLEM on ANY other producer TV products... except fot Philips, unfortunately...
    I would like to stress, that there is NO information related to these items in ANY of info materials published on Philips websites, leaflets, manuals etc . So the customer who decides to invest quite a lot of money to so called up-to-date technologies of Philips have no chance to find the problem, before he buys the product:-( Only, if he has time and will to read a lots of posts in user forums like this...But, I am sure that 95% does not read forums before buy.
    1. In this thread mentioned problem with analog audio output... The sound from the TV speakers is not good enough for me, and I DO NOT want to use a multichannel receiver. I have a nice stereo amplifier, and I want to use it also for TV sound amplification. Problem is, that like other "classical" amplifiers, this one does not have digital input, only analog inputs. YOUR TV DOES NOT has ANY functional analog output !!! Even the SCARTS audio outputs are not functional (WHY THE HELL?!?). And yes, the original poster is right: it is A PURE NONSENSE to use headphones output as a source for analog input of a high quality stereo amplifier !!! Well, I may have found another solution - but a bit complicated: My CD player has diigtal input to its decoder...So, theoretically I can have my CD on, bring the TV´s digital audio output to the CD converter, and use its output to my stereo amplifier. But again - CD has optical input and the TV has coaxial output...so I need some conversion between these two.... Dear Philips engineers: why do you make things so difficult? Do you really want to loose your Market share? Any other TV (non-Philips) has this, let´s say - features... It is simply a must !!!!
    2. Another problem - but only briefly- as this is for another thread: No subtitle support !!! What a SHAME on Philips!!!! Claiming a wide support for video formats from externel sources like USB and missing this basic feature? In 2010 ? If only I had this info before buyI SURELY would not have bought this machine... You can bet!!!

And that´s why I really can not nowadays recommend Philips TV to any of my friends.... Even Philips is still the only one having Ambilight.... but this is the only one feature that other makers cannot do ...BUT PHILIPS AS TECHNOLOGY LEADER (?) is really really losing its position and the recent poor results of its TV division say clearly.

I still hope that somebody in Philips will reconsider some decisions and if some problems can be solved by software updates, the WILL DO.

Thanks in advance

Jan

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    A small success story for those having a simple setup and problems w/ stereo sound: Yesterday I had a go at getting rid of the cable from the earphone jack on my 47PFL7606T to my ancient (but good) stereo amplifier. I got myself a S/PDIF to Analog converter from a local store, a cheap one that could not handle anything else than two channel stereo. After some testing I realized that about one third of the broadcast TV channels I had gave no sound to the amplifier and I started searching first in the menues and then in the forum. I found michaels informative post in this thread about the more or less hidden option to turn off "advanced" sound and it solved my problem. My bluray can be connected directly to the amplifier to get stereo sound, so whatever it sends to the TV and what's fed back through the digital sound link is not an issue, the problem was with the broadcast channels and thanks to the information in this thread, this is now solved. I realize that downsampling to PCM in software would be nice to have, but for more simple setups, the current functionality seems to be OK.
    Thanks michael!!

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hello bufflig,

can you post which model of spdif-analog converter you used? Post the link to the product if possible.

Thanks, Jan

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Jan!

It's a cheap noname converter from a Swedish shop:
    http://www.kjell.com/sortiment/ljud-...ledInformation
    - but I think this (for example) is the same one:
    http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Optica.../ref=pd_cp_e_3

Please note that the quality was not astonishing... For example I had to replace the external power supply with another one as it had a really loud high pitched sound when operating (and bear in mind that it was inside a closed cupboard and i could still hear it from several meters ). After replacing the power supply with a generic one, it worked nicely for stereo signals though...

Cheers!

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Strange but great discovery

I had problems with digital output through toslink to my dac converter, which produced no sound from digital tv channels, but worked on for example youtube. To get the tv-sound I had to enable "week sighted" direct translation from danish from the menu. Strange!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12