View Poll Results: [POLL] Did the upgrade to FW v14.95 solve the "Flashing Ambilight" issue for you?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes: FW v14.95 solved the issue for me.

0 0%
  • No: v14.95 did NOT solve the issue for me.

6 100.00%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Bronze Member
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    About one week ago, I posted a request regarding the current status report on the ambilight issue. Still not a single reply by philips, neither here, nor via email or PM.

Also realized another problem with my tv which is not related to this issue here. Philips told me they will make a phonecall to me about my issue the same day. (Chat was 3 days ago).... They didn't call me.

I really must say, I'm really disappointed about philips although I WAS a big fan of the ambilight feature. Thought to fullfill myself a little wish, of a telly with ambilight feature.
    But with all those disappointments, I certainly won't buy any further philips television and also have to think about boycotting any philips products. Be sure, already after the first two philips models which i were able to try and both having this problem (thou it was the same model)... If ambilight wouldn't be restricted to Philips only, I wouldn't even have bothered anymore to evaluate other possible Philips TV-Models.

I'm sorry, but all those firmware-issues on this forum, which aren't really solved, some even for YEARS. Then the bad service which I got and also read about here and elsewhere online.... this really no good advertising for your products.
    When someone in my circle asks me about my opinion when planning to buy a philips tv, I can just recommend to go for a different brand. To be fair, I won't mention names here, but there are brands that offer good tvs, with hardly any problems, even good online features AND 3D!
    I'm sorry, but this is just my honest statement regarding my own actual experience. Please don't blame me for my criticism but work on these issues to improve the quality of your products for the aim of satisfied customers and better advertising for yourself.

Best regards,
    D

morma
    Hi Dyna,

i totally agree with you. I'm sick of this "support" so i've already taken measures, i talked to my retailer and he will give me a refund.
    So next month, when the 2012 models of an certain Korean brand (LG) will be released, then i'm released of this pain.
    So the retailer's gonna give me a new 2012 TV with the same options as the Philips TV, even a few more.

It's been 3 months now that i wait for a solution, they had 2 chances to fix the TV (i'm talking about the technicien who oppened the TV), several tries to solve it with firmware updates and to solve it over Phone and Internet (remote control over NetTv).

I don't want to wait 3 more months, because europeen law says that i have the right to return a defective product during the first 6 months following the purchase, i don't even have to bring any evidence of the defect. And the retailer has to give me a new product of the same value.

In my case i wanted a TV which is a little more expensive.

When the time limit of 6 month's over, then ive got to proof that the defect existed already since the 6 month period. If i cannot proof this, then they will not give me a refund but repair the product, unless the product is irreparable. Like i mentionned in a earlier post, i've spoked to the ULC (Union Luxembourgeoise des Consommateurs, the luxemburgish consumer protection) and they explained me my rights.

So even when it costs me more money, it will at least not cost me any more nerves .

So far

Morma
    Last edited by morma; 03-21-2012 at 04:35 PM.

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Dyna and Morma,

Dyna I totally agree with you. Morma thank you for your usefull information regarding our rights. I bought the TV late January so I will wait a bit more for Philips to fix this HUGE MALFUNCTION. Otherwise I'll try to get a refund, buy an LG as you correctly mentioned and NEVER buy a philips product again as Dyna even more correctly mentioned as well.

Best Regards,
    Gallerian

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    @ Philips:
    I really must say, I'm highly disappointed about your customer-support here.....
    What is the use of an official and "supported" forum, if you simply just ignore your customers.
    I've requested if you could keep us updated about the current status with this issue and if the user-feedback was useful to you.
    This is not a huge deal but would help to know if there is any hope that this issue will still be solved. (Honestly, just the plain fact that the issue hasn't been solved after about a half year is more than embarassing.).

As you are still answering to other issues, I honestly really wonder, if you deliberately ignore your customers.
    Just as an information: Paying an amount over 1000€ for your tv and getting absolutely no feedback about an issue like this one is simply rude.

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 816
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Guys,

We do not delibarately ignore our customers. The fact with this issue is that we at first could not reproduce this behaviour in our lab, and therefore we contacted some of you directly via PM for additinal information. Some of you did indeed give us that feedback. Tnx for that!

Even after that, it was quite difficult to reproduce. In the meantime we have a clue where to look for the cause, unfortunately this will require to return the TV to a workshop for repair (cannot be solved by a customer SW upgrade).

However, before triggering this action, we first would like to get some additonal feedback from you: Please send us your TV model number and serialnumber (via PM !). This can be found on the rear sticker or via the CSM menu (key in "123654" on the remote control).

After your feedback, we will come with a final advise how to solve this. Tnx for your patience and cooperation.

Regards,
    JuAn
    Last edited by Philips; 03-31-2012 at 02:00 PM.
    Forum Mod

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi everyone,
    I found a solution for ambilight flashes during playing on PS3. The solution was given on a French Playstation forum by a user who called Phillips hotline.
    Here is the solution that could resolve the problem:
    (All describs actions are about the PS3)
    Go to Audio parameters and into numeric audio output section: choose "dts 5.1", "dolby 5.1" and "aac"
    save settings
    Staying in audio parmeters, goto "mutiple audio outputs", choose "yes" and save.
    That's all ;-)
    I hope this'll resolve your problems with ambilght and PS3. That worked for me on a 42pfl7606h TV

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Mediaplayer Dune HD. Setup - Audio Section - Digital audio output mode - PCM. It Work!!! No flashing!!!

morma
    Hi Willou and Vitkazu

Well thank you for joining, but this if you read the thread from the beginning, you will see that we already know this "solution".
    (I was even the first to discover it) But sometimes i still had the flashing, not to mention the other problems, which aren't connected to this problem.

But still thats not the right way to fix it, it has to be fixed on the TV itself.

Regards Morma

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi all!
    I'm have same problem on my 42PFL7606H. I buy his in december, in russian federation.
    I try use two different HDMI cable, cheap and expensive, but ambilight not work correctly in both cases.

Update v14.95 not help me in this problem.

I think, that Phillips can't solve this problem, differently it would be resolved long ago. Probably a problem "hardware", and the one method for resolving this problem - method from morma

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 196
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vitkazu View Post
    Mediaplayer Dune HD. Setup - Audio Section - Digital audio output mode - PCM. It Work!!! No flashing!!!
    Were you able to fix this problem by yourself?

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    yes, no flashing!

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 816
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Solution for flashing Ambilight in 3D mode.

Dear all,

As promised, I would notify you on the solution we have found for this issue.
    If you want this to be solved, you must take the following steps:

1) Contact the Philips call centre in your country. Please start here to find the right contact information: select your country and language, then on the support page, click on "Contact" (in upper right corner).

2) Inform the call centre that you have this "Flashing ambilight in 3D mode" issue, and that you've heard from the forum moderator (in close consultation with development) that there is a solution.
    This solution means that your TV's small signal board (SSB) must be upgraded with new "Ambilight CPLD software". This can only be done by special workshops that have the correct tool.
    If necessary you can refer to "Symptom/Cure" document "SCC_92185", that describes the repair instructions for these workshops.

3) The call centre agent will then advise you on the necessary actions: in some countries this can be handled by a home visit (where the engineer swaps this SSB at the consumers' home), in other countries this unfortunately means a Pickup & Return action, which means that your TV is away for some time (maybe you can negotiate a replacement set during the absence....).

This is the only way this problem can be solved!
    As you all have 2011 TV models, I guess this is a guarantee issue.

Best regards,
    JuAn.

PS. If any problems, please contact me via PM.
    Forum Mod

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 379
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

thanks for this solution - I blogged it, so that German reader are knowing what to do!

Toengel@Alex

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 61
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips View Post
    Solution for flashing Ambilight in 3D mode.

Dear all,

As promised, I would notify you on the solution we have found for this issue.
    If you want this to be solved, you must take the following steps:

1) Contact the Philips call centre in your country. Please start here to find the right contact information: select your country and language, then on the support page, click on "Contact" (in upper right corner).

2) Inform the call centre that you have this "Flashing ambilight in 3D mode" issue, and that you've heard from the forum moderator (in close consultation with development) that there is a solution.
    This solution means that your TV's small signal board (SSB) must be upgraded with new "Ambilight CPLD software". This can only be done by special workshops that have the correct tool.
    If necessary you can refer to "Symptom/Cure" document "SCC_92185", that describes the repair instructions for these workshops.

3) The call centre agent will then advise you on the necessary actions: in some countries this can be handled by a home visit (where the engineer swaps this SSB at the consumers' home), in other countries this unfortunately means a Pickup & Return action, which means that your TV is away for some time (maybe you can negotiate a replacement set during the absence....).

This is the only way this problem can be solved!
    As you all have 2011 TV models, I guess this is a guarantee issue.

Best regards,
    JuAn.

PS. If any problems, please contact me via PM.

Hi Everyone, just came across this thread after setting up my TV (47pfl7606T, with latest firmware) and playing some Gears of war 3 in 3D on the xbox and noticing that the ambilight flashed (white) every now and then.

Very disappointed to be reading all the posts.

But was just wondering has the problem been sorted by doing as the Philips guy says above?

Also was wondering if this problem exists with any other 3d content such as via a blu-ray player, as I haven't bought one yet to test it.

Thanks

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hi

I'm having the same problem as all of you posting here, model 42PFL7606H. Is anybody helped with the solution given by JuAn? The thread seems quiet so I'm hoping its solved...

thanks

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast