Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Maxdome on NetTV

Hello!

I have read in the web, that philips will support maxdome videostore. While searching google with the keywords philips and maxdome i found a link to the maxdome homepage (www.maxdome.de/service/philips). On this page i found the information that i can add the maxdome app to my TV. I search for the app along all pages on my tv, but i could not found any maxdome app.

Does anyone has access to the maxdome app (i think it is only available for germany). My TV is a 2011 6606k

Thanks for your help

DerShortyy
    Quote Originally Posted by bjoernwolter View Post
    Hello!

I have read in the web, that philips will support maxdome videostore. While searching google with the keywords philips and maxdome i found a link to the maxdome homepage (www.maxdome.de/service/philips). On this page i found the information that i can add the maxdome app to my TV. I search for the app along all pages on my tv, but i could not found any maxdome app.

Does anyone has access to the maxdome app (i think it is only available for germany). My TV is a 2011 6606k

Thanks for your help
    Hi,
    this looks like the normal Maxdome app for Smart TV´s. Maybe you can test it on hbbig.com there´s a link to Maxdome. Or you try http://mini.maxdome.de/mini-2.0/login. I´m not sure if there is a special implemantion for philips which isn´t validated yet.

My question is, is the upcoming Maxdome app also available for 2010 TV sets or is it due to hardware and software limitations only available on 2011 TV sets?

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DerShortyy View Post
    Hi,
    this looks like the normal Maxdome app for Smart TV´s. Maybe you can test it on hbbig.com there´s a link to Maxdome. Or you try http://mini.maxdome.de/mini-2.0/login. I´m not sure if there is a special implemantion for philips which isn´t validated yet.

My question is, is the upcoming Maxdome app also available for 2010 TV sets or is it due to hardware and software limitations only available on 2011 TV sets?
    Hi,

on hbbig.com you must use the "mini" url for maxdome. When you select the Entry "Maxdome" the tv show me the message, that the page could not be loaded. The Mini is working, I can log in to maxdome and can watch films. till now i have only tried free movies and tv-series (i dont want to pay for a movie and can not watch this film cause of a not certified or tested tv).
    I also seems that the movieplayer of maxdome does not cache anything on the sd-card, the movie beginns to play as soon as i press the play button. My DSL-Speed is ok (16K) during my test i could not detect any lags or failures, but the movies are all SD, what about HD-Films....?

Platinum Member
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 401
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    The question, if maxdome will also be supported on 2010 TVs is also interesting for me.

Please let us know!
    Last edited by smart; 11-23-2011 at 08:52 AM. Reason: typo

DerShortyy
    Quote Originally Posted by bjoernwolter View Post
    Hi,

on hbbig.com you must use the "mini" url for maxdome. When you select the Entry "Maxdome" the tv show me the message, that the page could not be loaded. The Mini is working, I can log in to maxdome and can watch films. till now i have only tried free movies and tv-series (i dont want to pay for a movie and can not watch this film cause of a not certified or tested tv).
    I also seems that the movieplayer of maxdome does not cache anything on the sd-card, the movie beginns to play as soon as i press the play button. My DSL-Speed is ok (16K) during my test i could not detect any lags or failures, but the movies are all SD, what about HD-Films....?
    There is also HD content, maybe you try "Kokowäh Making of" its free and in HD.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    There is also HD content, maybe you try "Kokowäh Making of" its free and in HD.
    Ok, but what is about the caching of these movies. Other videostores require a sd card to cache the content....
    When hd is available in Maxdome I would use it without any problems or restrictions...

DerShortyy
    Quote Originally Posted by smart View Post
    The question, if maxdome will also be supported on 2010 TVs is also interesting for me.

Please let us know!
    Hi smart,

the philips hotline (chat) says that it will work on 2010 TV sets as well. Maxdome wrote me back that, as far as they know, only 2011 TV sets will be supported. In my opinion the answer of Maxdome is correct, because 2010 TV sets got a limititation regarding DRM.

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 677
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience Points25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

the content of the webpage mentioned in the first post was removed. I post a screenshot of that page in my blog...

Toengel@Alex

Platinum Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi smart,

the philips hotline (chat) says that it will work on 2010 TV sets as well. Maxdome wrote me back that, as far as they know, only 2011 TV sets will be supported. In my opinion the answer of Maxdome is correct, because 2010 TV sets got a limititation regarding DRM.
    That's also my assumption. Since acetrax has issues with DRM protection on 2010 TVs, this might also affect maxdome. Maybe this is also a reason why videoload did not got into production ...

DerShortyy
    Quote Originally Posted by smart View Post
    Maybe this is also a reason why videoload did not got into production ...
    This exactly my opinion. When i decided to by my TV, Videoload was already anounced 3/4 year ago so i thougt i will be able to use my videoload account on my TV, because it was already advertised. I really think to exchange my TV because it doesn´t provide the features which have been a main reason why i bought the TV!

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hello,
    there is a message on Philips Newscenter!

http://www.newscenter.philips.com/de...funktionen.wpd

Zitat: Eine Vielzahl von Apps: Net TV ist eine interaktive On-Screen-Plattform für die Programmauswahl, den Download von Inhalten aus Online-Videoshops und den Zugriff auf eine Fülle von Applikationen, z. B. Apps der neuen Online-Videotheken Acetrax, Videociety, Maxdome, Sarariva, Terra VoD, IPLA, Wuaki.tv, Chili und anderen. Apps für Mediatheken von großen TV-Sendern wie z.B. CNBC, Euronews, TV5Monde, Terra TV, Capricho (Abril), VGTRK, 1 Channel, TVigle, IPLA und anderen verfügbar.

translate to english

Quote: A variety of apps: Net TV is an interactive on-screen platform for program selection, the download of content from online video stores and access to a wealth of applications, including apps to the new online video stores Acetrax, Videociety, Maxdome, Sarariva, Terra VoD, the IPLA, Wuaki.tv, chili and others. Apps for media libraries from major TV stations such as CNBC, Euro News, TV5Monde, Terra TV, Capricho (Abril), VGTRK, 1 Channel, TVigle, IPLA and available to others.

We just have to wait for the update or is this already available for download?
    Since my HTS3261/12 features Smart TV / Net TV, but the update should be available soon, right? I see that right?

Regards
    Ole

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    i am also waiting badly for maxdome on net tv.
    today i updated my 46/8606 with the latest software, but i could not find maxdome. although i got a answer from maxdome that it should be available.
    the sowftware update helped to solve the problem with net tv, though. i could not reach net tv philips server for weeks, but after the update it was possible again.
    i also agree - the availability of maxdome is a strong buying reason for my next tv. if philips does not support maxdome, i have to switch to samsung e.g.

best regards
    toni

Silver Member
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 238
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tonit View Post
    i am also waiting badly for maxdome on net tv.
    today i updated my 46/8606 with the latest software, but i could not find maxdome. although i got a answer from maxdome that it should be available.
    the sowftware update helped to solve the problem with net tv, though. i could not reach net tv philips server for weeks, but after the update it was possible again.
    i also agree - the availability of maxdome is a strong buying reason for my next tv. if philips does not support maxdome, i have to switch to samsung e.g.

best regards
    toni
    Find MAXDOME fully functional on Hbbig.com
    Type Hbbig.com in the open internet browser.
    It is called Maxdome mini 2.0
    It only works if you have a 2011 TV and are in Germany.

Platinum Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    After the above mentioned link did not work in the meantime, the link is online again:
    http://www.maxdome.de/service/philips

So maxdome on 2011 TVs should be very near. Start is with SD resolution only.

The pictures are showing the portal already available on hbbig.com.

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Maxdome is still not available via Net TV in germany on my 42PDL7906K/02 with firmware 14.093. Has anyone a timeline?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast