11-28-2011, 10:30 AM #1
- Join Date
- May 2011
- 32PFL7606K FW Q5551-0.14.93.0_bld11a
- Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
- Rep Power
Feat. Req: 3D for JPGs (with workaround)
I know I posted this feature request already here and here but I decided to give this a thread of it's own, because I found a workaround.
Currently, there is no way to activate 3D on images.
It would be really cool, if this could be integrated for side-by-side or top-bottom JPGs of arbitrary size (see posts mentioned above)
Until then, you can do the following:
1) Get StereoPhotoMaker (SPM) from here.
This allows you to load either existing 3D images or your own separate left/right pictures you took with your camera.
2) Load and overlay your pictures, then select "Stereo->Interlace->Linewise (F4)". Be careful - you have to switch left and right pictures, because it seems SPM and Philips use the left and right side exactly the other way round.
3) Resize/Cut the image to fix EXACTLY 1920x1080. The height must match exactly, otherwise, the TV will start scaling and mess up the left and right pictures.
4) Save the interlaced picture as TIF or PNG (without compression!, so no JPG!). This is important, otherwise you will get colour smudge from the one eye into the other.
5) Open the file with Irfanview, check again the resolution and say "Save As -> JPEG". Make sure you use the following options:
- High quality (at least 97)
- Deactivate "Save as progressive JPG", as Philips does not support progressive JPGs
- Activate "Disable color subsampling" (this is important, otherwise you will get colour shadows!)
6) Enjoy your own 3D stereo pictures over DNLA or USB.
(Sharing them over a 3D picasa App would be cool! But I think, Picasa cannot show 1920x1080 images on NetTV? Please correct me if I'm wrong!
If Philips would enable the 3D option for SBS-JPGs, steps 4+5 could be omitted. If they additional would implement scaling of JPGs before using 3D-SBS, this would additionally make step 3) obsolete.
Have fun and share your experience here ;-)
The Following User Says Thank You to matthias For This Useful Post:
By Martien in forum TV: Software 2013 models and olderReplies: 6Last Post: 10-25-2011, 07:51 AM
By none1234 in forum TV ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 09-10-2011, 05:10 PM