• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share

Topiced View

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Exclamation 42PFL7666K/02 IR-Remote Code InputSat not working (Harmony remote)

Hi,
    I am trying to correctly program my Philips 42PFL7666K/02 TV on my Logitech Harmony 525 Remote Controller.

The TV was found in their database of preprogrammed codes allowing me to integrate the TV into my system.

As changing devices (TV, Sat, HDMIs, etc.) with the standard remote is actually quite complicated (e.g. press Source, select device from a list of devices starting at the current one by moving up or down and pressing OK) and clumsy, Logitech has provided a number of discrete codes to make such changes quickly and easily as follows:

InputExt1
    InputExt2
    InputExt3
    InputHdmi1
    InputHdmi2
    InputHdmi3
    InputHdmiSide
    InputSat
    InputSide
    InputTV
    InputVga

By simply assigning a button to one of these codes, the desired function is switched immediately - or that is how it should be at least.

According to my tests, most of these codes work as expected, but not all as follows:

The code "InputTV" works perfectly by immediately switching to the "Watch TV" mode. "InputSat" is supposed to switch to the "Watch satellite" mode, but this does not happen. Instead I have noticed some strange things happening like although the TV is still showing in "TV" mode, the TV guide now lists the satellite programs instead which suggests that the code itself is correct.

This looks to me like a bug in the firmware where the InputSat code is not implemented properly. I suggest the engineers check this out so that it is fixed for the next firmware release.

Other codes that appear to act strangely are "InputVga", which does not appear to active the VGA input, and InputExt3 which does activate the VGA input.

One code that is needed, is a code to directly access the TV Guide. Does such a code exist or can such a code be added?

I also have a Philips Pronto remote as well, so if you can provide me with the correct hex codes for that, I should be able to use it.

Once added to the Logitech database, such a code would be available to everyone who owns these very popular remotes.

I have also reported this problem on the Logitech Harmony forum.

I hope a solution can be found.

Regards

Peter
    Last edited by Peter Walker; 12-01-2011 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Added info on Pronto Remote