• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

55PFL5706/F7: can't play video files from PC

Just bought a new Philips 55PFL5706/F7 TV, connected to my wi-fi network (no problems) and updated software first thing.
    Downloaded Wi-Fi MediaConnect software and installed on PC, this worked fine to project PC screen to TV via wi-fi.

Problems started when I tried to access and play files on PC from the TV thru DLNA server. First tried WMP, TV could see folders and files but would not play them. Then tried TVersity DLNA server, again the TV can see the files and folders on PC, and will play audio and jpeg files, but when trying to play a video file it will indicate it is starting to play but then stop and display "Network Error [00204697]". Cannot find what this error means or what generates it. There is virtually no documentation with this TV for anything but the very basics of operation, and nothing online that I can find.

My PC is an HP Pavilion p6754y (AMD quad-core with 4gb memory) running Win7-64 bit. My router is a D-Link DIR-655 (n).

Any help?

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 456
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi

First you need to check what kind of Videos you have as the TV is not able to play all kind of Videos.
    You can find a small Overview under this Link

If you are sure that your Videos match the criteria's, please call directly the local Call Center:
    http://www.support.philips.com/suppo...userCountry=us

Regards
    Thomas
    Forum Mod

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Thomas View Post
    Hi

First you need to check what kind of Videos you have as the TV is not able to play all kind of Videos.

If you are sure that your Videos match the criteria's, please call directly the local Call Center:

Regards
    Thomas
    Thanks for the reply but I had already checked the list of compatible file types and mine are all avi which is included in the list. And anyway, these DLNA servers such as TVersity are supposed to transcode the file if necessary so it will play on the client. So I don't think file-type is the problem.

On the plus side, after trying several DLNA servers and none of them worked right, I did find one that does work. It is Mezzmo, all the others I tried were free but this one must be purchased. They do have a 15 day free trial period which allowed me to try it and see that it does work where none of the others did. They even have Philips devices listed as compatible, and it really was plug and play, just install it and it works. They also say their support people will work with you if it does not (what a concept).

On the minus side, after getting the wireless video streaming working, it is pretty disappointing, in fact will not be useable. The video is jerky, starts and stops, and this is on 802.11n network (fastest home wireless available). I've seen other people complain of the same thing on other forums and say they had to go to a wired lan connection to resolve the problem, and this looks to be the case from what I am seeing. I have a MediaGate wireless video player (MG-350HD) that I've been using for years to stream videos wirelessly from my PC to TV, and had hoped this new TV would allow me to eliminate this box, but doesn't look now like that will happen. The same files that jerk and stutter when streamed directly to the Philips TV play flawlessly when streamed with the Mediagate on the same network to the same TV.

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Thomas View Post
    Hi

Regards
    Thomas
    I have the same problem with a brand new 22PFL4907/F7, with the current (3/30/2012) firmware.

All my video files are mp4 h264 which match the advertised specs. They play on a Mac, PC, Linux, PS3, iPhone, WD TV, etc.

While the brochures, web site, and box all say this TV can play h264 mp4 and other formats, the manual inside the box says it can only play mpeg 1 and mpeg 2 video. And my tests confirm that - those formats will play, but the rest of the list on the box are not playable via either dlna or usb. I guess I should return this TV, since this functionality was the only reason I chose this specific model.

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I am facing same issue on my 55PFL5706/F7 TV. All my movies are in mkv or mp4 format on my HP EX 485 running windows home server. While i am able to play audio and photos through DLNA, none of the movies would work. I keep getting error "Network Error [00204697]"

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by new2philips View Post
    I am facing same issue on my 55PFL5706/F7 TV. All my movies are in mkv or mp4 format on my HP EX 485 running windows home server. While i am able to play audio and photos through DLNA, none of the movies would work. I keep getting error "Network Error [00204697]"
    Exatcly the same here as of today, using latest firmware upgrate (this month on 5th). Just bought this TV 2 days ago. Audio and pictures work fine, but video shows Network error: [NE 00204679]. Google does not seem to help, neither Philips documentation.

My DLNA server is a DNS-323, but I've tryed setting up other DLNA servers (Ushare, miniDLNA, etc) - same thing. However, video plays fine from a USB stick plugged into the TV set.

Seems like a dead end. Very dissapointing.

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I have three files that I've created using the specifications of supported video formats in the user manual: one H.264, one MPG2, and one MPG4. Resolution 640x480. All have the extension .mpg. None of the files plays over DLNA nor from USB. When played from USB both the H.264 and the MPG4 actually cause the set to reset. When played from my DLNA server all files immediately give me an NE 00204697 network error (I doubt the set actually successfully streams any of the files given the speed with which the error is returned).

My server is a DLNA compliant ReadyNAS Duo which I have been successfully using as a DLNA server for close to two years now. All other device connected just fine to it including a Samsung SMART TV that I have.

Please help me get my videos playing over DLNA. Otherwise I'm afraid I will need to return it to where I purchased it.

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PScheyen View Post
    I have three files that I've created using the specifications of supported video formats in the user manual: one H.264, one MPG2, and one MPG4. Resolution 640x480. All have the extension .mpg. None of the files plays over DLNA nor from USB. When played from USB both the H.264 and the MPG4 actually cause the set to reset. When played from my DLNA server all files immediately give me an NE 00204697 network error (I doubt the set actually successfully streams any of the files given the speed with which the error is returned).

My server is a DLNA compliant ReadyNAS Duo which I have been successfully using as a DLNA server for close to two years now. All other device connected just fine to it including a Samsung SMART TV that I have.

Please help me get my videos playing over DLNA. Otherwise I'm afraid I will need to return it to where I purchased it.
    I am experiencing the same exact problem with my 32PFL4907 TV I bought over the weekend. I get the same error when attempting to stream MP4 video files but am able to stream .MP3 audio files without any problems. I would hope that a patch in the works but until then, this is very disappointing. I chose this television over a series of others because of this feature

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Overdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi all,

First of all welcome to all of you to the forums.

I can inform you that the sets will play the following file types:
    via USB:
    - H.264/MPEG-4 AVC,
    - MPEG 4 SP/ASP,
    - MPEG1,
    - MPEG2,
    - WMV9/VC1

where as it will only play back MPEG1 and MPEG2 via DLNA.

Best Regards
    Benedickte
    Forum Mod

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Thank you for the response, Benedickte. Are you aware if Philips has plans to implement MPEG4 support via DLNA in a future firmware patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Benedickte View Post
    Hi all,

via USB:
    - H.264/MPEG-4 AVC,
    - MPEG 4 SP/ASP,
    - MPEG1,
    - MPEG2,
    - WMV9/VC1

Best Regards
    Benedickte

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Disagree

Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Benedickte View Post
    Hi all,

via USB:
    - H.264/MPEG-4 AVC,
    - MPEG 4 SP/ASP,
    - MPEG1,
    - MPEG2,
    - WMV9/VC1

Best Regards
    Benedickte
    have lots of MP4's and some play and some have aforementioned problems. Whatever the underlying cause is, needs to be fixed.

Can someone please find out when this will be fixed?

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    3 months registered100 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Same issues with a 22PFL4907 with the latest Firmware (Ver 118 from 8/1/12)

mp4's play on USB, not over DLNA.

I've tried ps3mediaserver, serviio, plex, and twonky. I can only get ps3mediaserver to work, but only partially. You can follow along in this thread: http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/forum/...p=73568#p73568

Here's what I've gathered so far:

I believe that 00204693 is a timeout error and that the TV's timeout when playing videos is set way too low, it needs to be a few seconds longer. Sometimes I can get files to play if I try to play the same file right after it fails.

00204697 I think is a media compatibility issue, but with ps3mediaserver I can get all files except mp4 to play.

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I have the same situation with TV 32PFL4907/F7 which I purchased recently. I tried all possible media servers including windows 11... DLNA works fine & TV is able to find the respective shared servers... Music files run perfectly fine... But no luck with Videos so far... My other Pioneer Plasma TV works fine when I stream the videos (avi/mpg/mpeg/mp4/mov/iso format etc.) from the PC... Spent significant times to create different format files to see if any luck...Tried to call Philips call center for which looks like long waiting time and hence sent the email with details and Hoping to find the resolution ASAP...Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by MondoTech View Post
    Same issues with a 22PFL4907 with the latest Firmware (Ver 118 from 8/1/12)

mp4's play on USB, not over DLNA.

I've tried ps3mediaserver, serviio, plex, and twonky. I can only get ps3mediaserver to work, but only partially. You can follow along in this thread: http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/forum/...p=73568#p73568

Here's what I've gathered so far:

I believe that 00204693 is a timeout error and that the TV's timeout when playing videos is set way too low, it needs to be a few seconds longer. Sometimes I can get files to play if I try to play the same file right after it fails.

00204697 I think is a media compatibility issue, but with ps3mediaserver I can get all files except mp4 to play.